Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Hansen

Re: Imagevue X2.7

08 Jul 2011, 19:44

After the upgrade my "Facebook like" has moved from the right to the left overlapping the menu "button". I can't move it to the right? Haven't done any changes to it, only the upgrade to 2.7.5

Had to delete it since it prevented the visitors from using the Gallery Menu :evil:

Could you also please add some description on how the Google Analytics folder works? Is all you have to do add a folder called "Google Analytics" and add the code to it?
Last edited by Hansen on 08 Jul 2011, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Jul 2011, 02:19

Hansen wrote:After the upgrade my "Facebook like" has moved from the right to the left overlapping the menu "button". I can't move it to the right? Haven't done any changes to it, only the upgrade to 2.7.5
Sorry, we cleaned up the default document code a bit, so any custom html you may have added could have been affected. This was done in regards to our our new "social thing" that you can see on the top right of our demo gallery. If you want to set up your "Facebook like" again, I am sure this is possible with a few tweaks. Can you post the code you were using? Optionally, you could think about using the new example in our demo gallery.
Hansen wrote:Could you also please add some description on how the Google Analytics folder works? Is all you have to do add a folder called "Google Analytics" and add the code to it?
Not sure where you got the idea that you need to add a "folder" ... As long as you have the Google Analytics code added to your document, then it "just works". After upgrading to the latest SWF, you should start seeing the individual locations that are visited in your Analytics Dashboard - For example: /content/folder/ and /content/folder/image.jpg

Hansen

09 Jul 2011, 05:22

I would like to have the new "social thingy" if you tell me how to add it.

Sorry I seem to have misunderstood the thing about the Google Analytics "folder" It sounded to me in the update description that I had to make some kind of folder and add my google analytics code in to it :mrgreen:

Petey

Thumbnails problem 2.7.5.1

24 Jul 2011, 15:01

I am having problems with the thumbnails in my gallery. Some of the pictures have thumbnails and others simply display as a box with ? in the gallery folder. When viewing the pictures in the Flash Gallery the same picture shows the thumbnail as a blank box with JPG text. The picture itself displays fine, just a problem with the thumbnail.

I have followed the suggestions from other posts - clearing the cache, deleting the picture and uploading again, create all thumbnails and create missing thumbnails. If I chose the folder with the missing thumbnail and chose the "Thumbs" button next to the Upload button and then select "Recreate all thumbs", the problem thumbnail is created. When I go back to the gallery folder, the thumbnails still displays as a box with a ? Emptying the browser cache in Safari 5.1 and reloading the page still gets the same result, no thumbnail. Same problem exists in Firefox 5.01

This is frustrating problem which means the only solution I have at the moment is to disable the thumbs in the Gallery when displaying the content.

Peter
Attachments
GalleryLandcape.jpg
Sample of gallery folder with missing thumbnail
GalleryLandcape.jpg (102.66 KiB) Viewed 16107 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

24 Jul 2011, 16:44

Petey: I checked your gallery, and could see that one thumbnail is not displaying. I tried to load the thumbnail on your server directly in my browser:
http://pixiclepuppy.com/pupgallery/cont ... aypark.jpg

As you can see, it says "ACCESS FORBIDDEN - Access denied. Please click on the back button to return to the former page."

I am not sure why your server is doing this for this exact thumbnail and not for others. It is certainly some complication with the server. I would recommend this: Delete the original image, and upload it with a new name ... For some reason, your server is setting wrong permissions on some files?

Petey

24 Jul 2011, 20:09

I tried your suggestion and the problem still persisted. I then logged into the file manager on my hosting service and checked the permissions. I looked the sample file and noted that the permissions for the pictures in Folder Pictures1 were set to 664 so I changed permission for the faulty thumbnail to 664 in my problem folder and everything worked.

I then uploaded two more pictures to the problem folder and the thumbnails were created and displayed properly. Strangely enough the permissions for those thumbnails showed as 777 when I checked them in my file manager.

I'll contact my host to see what is happening because it's odd that sometimes creating a thumbnail works and other times it does not.

Peter

Petey

25 Jul 2011, 14:25

mjau-mjau wrote:Petey: I checked your gallery, and could see that one thumbnail is not displaying. I tried to load the thumbnail on your server directly in my browser:
http://pixiclepuppy.com/pupgallery/cont ... aypark.jpg

As you can see, it says "ACCESS FORBIDDEN - Access denied. Please click on the back button to return to the former page."

I am not sure why your server is doing this for this exact thumbnail and not for others. It is certainly some complication with the server. I would recommend this: Delete the original image, and upload it with a new name ... For some reason, your server is setting wrong permissions on some files?

I have some more information regarding this issue. It seems the files are being written with permission 664 some of the time and 644 other times. Sometimes the thumbnails show up and sometimes they don't.

After uploading and the thumbnail does not display I have tried using re-create missing thumbs and it does not work. If I use Create all thumbs the thumbnail is generated but it still shows as ? in the folder. I then go to my hosts file manager and change the permission to 777. When I go back to Imagevue admin page and refresh the gallery folder the thumbnails shows up. Very strange behavior.

The actual files are being written as 777 when uploaded, the problem is with the thumbnails so I don't think this is a server problem, rather something is going wrong with the Flash uploader as well as the Thumbnail creator. I have tried the HTML uploader and the same thing happens.

Peter

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

26 Jul 2011, 05:44

First of all, the uploaders are not to blame for this, because they do not create the thumbnails. The thumbnails are created by the Imagevue PHP scripts, although Imagevue does not set any permissions (because it can't normally do this anyway). Permissions are inherited from the permissions that your server is setting for the scripts. Imagevue is not setting permissions and certainly not setting random permissions.

This is 100% related to your server in one way or the other, and to what it sets to be the default permissions for scripts writing files. My partner replied to your e-mail and is asking for some login details.

macarius

26 Jul 2011, 12:03

I do like the social thing layer as well. Please, send the html code--pretty please...

Just upgraded to 2.7.5.1. Like the admin update. Good work guys!

Petey

26 Jul 2011, 12:25

Thanks for the explanation, and Nick has been in contact with me this morning.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

26 Oct 2011, 14:39

macarius wrote:I do like the social thing layer as well. Please, send the html code--pretty please...
https://www.photo.gallery/blog/social-media- ... cial-thing
firedev.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

26 Oct 2011, 14:42

Imagevue X2.7.6 - Oct 27, 2011

Fix for Facebook sharing
Drag'n'Drop for files in Admin (beta)
Textpages empty lines fix
Fixes for iOS5 devices
Login autofocus
TinyMCE updated 3.4.6
A bunch of other small fixes
firedev.com

alexhenes
Experienced

29 Oct 2011, 10:45

Thanks for the fixes. Doesn't look like the FB share image issue was addressed this time. Just wanted to verify.

Thanks
Alex
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

30 Oct 2011, 12:29

eh_ex wrote:Thanks for the fixes. Doesn't look like the FB share image issue was addressed this time. Just wanted to verify.
On the contrary:

But I see what you mean, when you use the social button on top it comes out with a twitter icon... Give it a day or two, must be a cache or something.

Also maybe update the social thingy code, on our site it looks like this:

Check this article for the latest version of the Social Thing:

https://www.photo.gallery/blog/social-media- ... cial-thing
firedev.com

alexhenes
Experienced

30 Oct 2011, 20:18

Thanks Nick!

I'll wait a few days and let you know what happens with the twitter icon.

I updated my seo settings code... but I don't get the same socailthingy behavior as you do. the only thing I can think that would be causing this is if there were changes to index.html that affect this as I never update my index file due to some custom changes I have made to it.
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com