marco963
Experienced

Re: Imagevue X2.7 Beta

10 May 2011, 14:07

pain wrote:Beta Update
Sharing fixed in Flash gallery
Sharing added to HTML gallery
Hi Nick.

Now sharing works :D but I have a minor remark about this functionality.

If I set the automatic flash maximize window function (when user clicks the first time the canvas) and then I choose a sharing social (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), X2 opens the related window in a new tab, but since the flash application is maximized, I cannot see this window ! If I don't know this behaviour and I click several times on "Twitter" (for instance), X2 opens several windows !
It would be wise, when a user chooses such functions, to ESC automatically from fullscreen view, in order to be able to access the new "social" window opened by X2.

Regards,
Marco

marco963
Experienced

10 May 2011, 14:12

A further remark about the "sharing" function.
The "share" dummy folder, used to add a new virtual folder in the main menu of flash X2 version, in HTML (iPad) version is displayed as "share" without any content (the different social sites selected in admin are not present).

Regards,
Marco

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 May 2011, 23:13

marco963 wrote:If I set the automatic flash maximize window function (when user clicks the first time the canvas) and then I choose a sharing social (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), X2 opens the related window in a new tab, but since the flash application is maximized, I cannot see this window ! If I don't know this behaviour and I click several times on "Twitter" (for instance), X2 opens several windows !
It would be wise, when a user chooses such functions, to ESC automatically from fullscreen view, in order to be able to access the new "social" window opened by X2.
Good point. I will add this for next beta release ... When I tested this earlier, it automatically exits fullscreen but it seems like FF4 and other browsers do not necessarily do this ...
marco963 wrote:A further remark about the "sharing" function.
The "share" dummy folder, used to add a new virtual folder in the main menu of flash X2 version, in HTML (iPad) version is displayed as "share" without any content (the different social sites selected in admin are not present).
Before anything else, I would just like to mention that the original html gallery was initially created as a simple alternative to the flash gallery. We did not intend for it to be able to mimic all options of the Flash gallery (that would not be possible), but as you can see as of lately, we are trying. The main idea was to focus more on the html gallery, as well as dedicated mobile versions, for Imagevue X2.8. Anyway, I will speak to Nick about this and see what we can do even before 2.8 ...

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

10 May 2011, 23:44

marco963 wrote:The "share" dummy folder, used to add a new virtual folder in the main menu of flash X2 version, in HTML (iPad) version is displayed as "share" without any content (the different social sites selected in admin are not present).
Right now the best way around this would be to just hide this folder in the HTML version it seems.
firedev.com

Martin
Experienced

12 May 2011, 09:31

pain wrote:Folder Preview Image can be removed now
Do you mean that folder preview images can be removed in only the html-site?
If so, then how do can this be done?

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

12 May 2011, 10:59

mabro wrote:
pain wrote:Folder Preview Image can be removed now
Do you mean that folder preview images can be removed in only the html-site?
If so, then how do can this be done?
I mean just removed. Like this:

firedev.com

Martin
Experienced

12 May 2011, 11:27

pain wrote:I mean just removed.
Ah... completely removed from html AND flash... I understand.
Won't use it :)

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

13 May 2011, 10:16

Beta update!

New sharing model which you can get to know more about it in this post
Multi-language support for html gallery (use ?p=<gallery|html>&language=<lang> to switch languages)
Now sharing from HTML gallery gives the proper title and description
Updated HTML gallery look
Share 'virtual' folder is hidden in HTML
firedev.com

macarius

16 May 2011, 15:13

When will a final-release for 2.7 be available? Anxious to update.

Thank you for your support!

Crash
Experienced

16 May 2011, 15:14

This version is brilliant - probably the best beta I've ever used. I really like this software. The HTML mode is very pleasant to use.

One thing is that I can't get the video player to operate in HTML mode. It sits and keeps loading.
In Flash Mode, when you make the video fullscreen, it doesnn't resample/smooth the resized output. It looks jagged.

I think the volume control present in the HTML mode (which is nicely non-intrusive) would be valuable in Flash mode as well.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

17 May 2011, 01:13

macarius wrote:When will a final-release for 2.7 be available? Anxious to update.
Definitely by the end of this week ... The main reason it is holding back, is because Fotomoto has a few bugs which is preventing us from integrating it as we want to. In the meantime, we are just adding more "nuts and bolts" so to speak ...
Crash wrote:One thing is that I can't get the video player to operate in HTML mode. It sits and keeps loading.
In Flash Mode, when you make the video fullscreen, it doesnn't resample/smooth the resized output. It looks jagged.

I think the volume control present in the HTML mode (which is nicely non-intrusive) would be valuable in Flash mode as well.
Thanks for the feedback. I have been aware of the video re-sampling issue, and will look into it although there may be some complications. Also the volume controls. Most likely these will not be features of 2.7 though ...

paydayMARK
Experienced

18 May 2011, 01:42

marco963 wrote:
pain wrote:Beta Update
Sharing fixed in Flash gallery
Sharing added to HTML gallery
Hi Nick.

Now sharing works :D but I have a minor remark about this functionality.

If I set the automatic flash maximize window function (when user clicks the first time the canvas) and then I choose a sharing social (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), X2 opens the related window in a new tab, but since the flash application is maximized, I cannot see this window ! If I don't know this behaviour and I click several times on "Twitter" (for instance), X2 opens several windows !

Regards,
Marco

Really good point!
By the way :) I am using x27beta and I still have the problem with the sharing. Please help me... Thank you!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

18 May 2011, 02:20

paydayMARK wrote:Really good point!
By the way :) I am using x27beta and I still have the problem with the sharing. Please help me... Thank you!
You mean the fullscreen issue? This has already been fixed and deployed ... Make sure you are using the latest release, and also that you EMPTY your browser cache!

I just tested this in our demo gallery after emptying cache, and it works fine, exiting the full-screen mode when clicking any of the sharing options:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/

bixo
Experienced

18 May 2011, 17:31

Thank you for providing the beta. Is there a way to remove the rounded corners in the new HTML gallery? Looks nice but not professional to me.
Thanks!

julien
Experienced

18 May 2011, 17:50

Imagevue dev team : I want to say how your work is incredibly awesome, impressive, I can't find the right word ...
If the horizontal menu is as good as I expect, the good word would probably be : Perfect.

Karl, if you were a girl, I would ask you to marry me ! :D

Julien