Thanx!

Michel Morel
Experienced

Re: Imagevue X2.7

09 Jun 2011, 12:15

mjau-mjau wrote:Imagevuex X2.7.2
  • Fixed: Bugs with main menu folderdescription/tooltips
It's good.
One remark though: on my local server, no problem, but online, I had to resave the interface language of the gallery; French to me. Without this manipulation, the problem does not disappear.
Thank's.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

09 Jun 2011, 13:35

Michel Morel wrote:One remark though: on my local server, no problem, but online, I had to resave the interface language of the gallery; French to me. Without this manipulation, the problem does not disappear.
What do you mean exactly?
firedev.com

arthurheng

09 Jun 2011, 23:25

Any estimated time frame (1 week, 1 month, 3 months) for when a stable 2.7 will be released?
Thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 Jun 2011, 01:34

arthurheng wrote:Any estimated time frame (1 week, 1 month, 3 months) for when a stable 2.7 will be released?
Thanks!
Any new instabilities reported? In Imagevue X2.7.2, we fixed minor issues with menu and languages. There is nothing else on our list except new features which are targeted for next release.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 Jun 2011, 01:40

Michel Morel wrote:It's good.
One remark though: on my local server, no problem, but online, I had to resave the interface language of the gallery; French to me. Without this manipulation, the problem does not disappear.
Thank's.
Not quite sure what you mean, but allow me to explain how languages work now: Once the visitor clicks to view in a specific language, this language will "stick", because it is stored in their browser cookies. This helps so that the gallery remembers what language to display for this visitor, and so that the the parameter ?language=[language] doesn't need to be appended to every link.

For your own testing, this may have affected you because you will need to hard-reset the languages by adding the parameters to the URL as specified above. For example:
Code
yourgallery/?language=french
After you set this, the gallery will always display in French for you until you reset it again. Resetting the language parameters always occurs when you have this parameter in the URL, including actual links in your gallery that point to separate languages. They will reset the language for a visitor who clicks "Spanish" so the gallery is in Spanish ... It will not revert to any other language until they actually click to view another language.

If there is any other problem that is not solved by my explanation above, then please provide a link to your gallery explaining further your issue.

GeoPal
Experienced

10 Jun 2011, 03:55

Karl, Nick, on the latest version I am missing the Facebook and Flickr icons (like links on the main menu) (haven't checked for others) Is there any setting that has changed or way to bring them back? Thanks! G

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 Jun 2011, 05:42

GeoPal wrote:Karl, Nick, on the latest version I am missing the Facebook and Flickr icons (like links on the main menu) (haven't checked for others) Is there any setting that has changed or way to bring them back? Thanks! G
Yup, now we don't use the folder name any more, and instead you need to add a [shortcode] with the service-name in the folder title. It is extended a lot:
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/menu-icons/

Michel Morel
Experienced

10 Jun 2011, 13:40

mjau-mjau wrote:
Michel Morel wrote:It's good.
Thank's.
Not quite sure what you mean, but allow me to explain how languages work now: Once the visitor clicks to view in a specific language, this language will "stick", because it is stored in their browser cookies. This helps so that the gallery remembers what language to display for this visitor, and so that the the parameter ?language=[language] doesn't need to be appended to every link.
Hello Mjau-mjau and Nike.
No. The story is simple: Take a look at my post viewtopic.php?p=26708#p26708 .
So I tried the update 2.7.2 on my local server (installed on my computer, of course), by applying it to my site to version 2.7. As it worked well and solved the problem mentioned in the post quoted above, I downloaded it online (at my webhost). But once online, the problem cited in the post above, was still there. For it disappeared, I had to reapply the French language (from the admin interface, backend) as the language of the interface gallery (frontend), for the moment is the only language available . Following the operation, everything is back to normal. This is especially curious that the interface gallery (gallery menu) has remained in French is a bit like I had to remind him that the language she used was French.
Accuracy: I tested a refresh of the webpage, but without result. Hoping to have brought some clarity.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Jun 2011, 03:09

michel morel: That link you showed goes to a post that points to an even older post, and this is solved. You did not include a link to your gallery. Imagevue languages is simple, it works like this:

French: https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/?language=french
English: https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/?language=english

When you click any of those links, it will display the interface (and titles/description if you have multiple languages for them) in the specific language. It just works. However, if someone already clicked FRENCH and then views the gallery without the ?language= parameter, it will display in French ... This is natural, why would it go back to English if someone has clicked to view it in French? It will only go back to English once the user actually clicks to view it in english. I think you have misunderstood the logic ...

Michel Morel
Experienced

17 Jun 2011, 10:46

I don't know how explain simply. Perhaps with some picture.
First, the update is operational
Before the update I had this problem with "gallery menu".
I make the update, but the problem had not disappeared.
After, in admin, I applied the French language (from the admin interface) as the language of the interface gallery. And, the problem disappeared. Before the update, I already use the French language.

For information, i use one language, no more (French). It's not a multi language problem.
If you don't understand, it's not matter. Consider everything is normal. Thanks.
Attachments
ImageVueX_2011-06-03_163505.png
Before and after update (but before appiied the French language in admin).
ImageVueX_2011-06-03_163505.png (1.9 KiB) Viewed 13240 times
ImageVueX_2011-06-17_LangueAdmin.png
I applied the French language, in admin, and the problem disappeared.
ImageVueX_2011-06-17_LangueAdmin.png (5.71 KiB) Viewed 13240 times

ekoweb

19 Jun 2011, 14:57

hi i installed 2.7.2
and i see that when i create a folder server gives it 755 permission and i can not upload any pic. i look at the settins i checked its 777 on settings tab . where do i make wrong .
i make all files and folders 777 in my server .
thank you

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

19 Jun 2011, 23:22

Michel Morel wrote:I don't know how explain simply. Perhaps with some picture.
Not sure I understand the problem, is it related to languages or is it related to the tooltip displaying empty box? If so, do you have a link so I can check?

Michel Morel
Experienced

20 Jun 2011, 11:20

mjau-mjau wrote:
Michel Morel wrote:I don't know how explain simply. Perhaps with some picture.
Not sure I understand the problem, is it related to languages or is it related to the tooltip displaying empty box? If so, do you have a link so I can check?
I'm so confused.
In a message previous, i explained a problem related to the tooltip displaying empty box. Since, with the last update of ImageVuex (2.7.2), you corrected the problem.
But, i explain (i try), in my case, once applied the update, i had to save again the parameter related to the interface language of the gallery (as if by applying the update, the last parameter was forgotten). Without that's, the problem related to the tooltip displaying empty box didn't disappear.
I'm scared of not being so clear.
My website : http://www.storygraphe.fr, but the problem is totally corrected.

Sorry. I do not think it is helpful you lose more time on what looks like a false problem.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

20 Jun 2011, 12:20

Imagevue X2.7.3
  • Fixed: Addthis api.addthis.com as site title when sharing from Flash
  • Fixed: Addthis wasn't really working in HTML
  • Fixed: Select all files in folder works with Cmd-A on Mac
  • Fixed: Custom fields support multi-language
  • Fixed: Languages are not case-sensitive anymore
  • Fixed: Video/Audio player in HTML gallery when Imagevue is in folder
  • Changed: Now opening the gallery without parameters resets languages to default
  • Changed: Better admin bar
firedev.com