Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: Imagevue X2.6 Beta!

28 Jan 2011, 12:07

grimurnet wrote:Hi, I was wondering is there any plugin on the way for wordpress. So one can choose what to display and so on?
Yes, I think we would like to proceed with something like this. We like Wordpress, but the only thing we are a bit reserved about, is the fact that imagevue really likes to take as much screen space as possible - This is how it works the best. We are looking forward to create a Wordpress tutorial, and perhaps some shortcode to embed it. (PS! Please can you keep separate requests in a separate post, as this is about Imagevue X2.6 beta)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

28 Jan 2011, 12:42

Important Update!

Today we released some important fixes and updates to the Imagevue X2.6 beta release. I think we are almost there, but give us a few more days to smoke out any remaining rats. Download here:
Download Imagevue X2.6 Beta

There has been a few bugs, with some interesting fixes outlined below:
  • Fixed jumping text link in text pages on mouse rollover - We thought we had initially fixed this, but to our horror, it still appeared on some pages randomly. After a lot of digging and experimenting, we finally found out that it is related to the a:hover{} class in the CSS stylesheet! This is a known bug apparently. There is no logic to this, so we had to simply remove this class from the Stylesheets to prevent this bug from occurring. However, we have implemented a mechanical method directly from the flash that creates an underline hover effect for links in all text pages that can handle it.
  • Added missing MouseWheel functionality - For some reason, MouseWheel functionality went missing originally in this release, but apparently only under Firefox. After some research, we found out that this was because of the newly implemented wmode: opaque for the new sharing services. This is also a known bug, and we have solved it by simply removing the opaque wmode for firefox. We can do this because firefox does not require this mode to display html layers.
  • NEW! Mac OSX MouseWheel support - Reaping the benefits of working with the mouseWheel, we also implemented a new method for controlling mouseWheel compatibility on the Mac. The mouseWheel is not supported in flash for Mac, but there is a way around this by using javascript which we have implemented.
  • Fixed <ul><ol> lists stylesheet bug - With Imagevue X2.6, we implemented a more correct and versatile output for text pages. However, because of the nature of flash html rendering, we lost stylesheet formatting on ordered<ol> and unordered <ul> lists. Although technically inaccurate, we had to wrap these tags in a <p> tag for the CSS body tag to apply styles correctly. Flash textfields are unfortunately a bit inferior, so we have to work them a bit.
  • Fixed missing images in text pages bug - For some reason, some textpages randomly failed to load images. This happens when navigating betwen two textpages, both with images. We discovered that flash creates its own ID for movieClips attached to textfields instead of overwriting the ID. Fixed.

BSPS

29 Jan 2011, 05:21

When directlinking to a photo in imagevue (or refreshing the page) the image controls are appearing above the picture instead of below. I checked this with chrome and IE.

I'll send you the link to my gallery in pm.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

29 Jan 2011, 10:49

BSPS wrote:When directlinking to a photo in imagevue (or refreshing the page) the image controls are appearing above the picture instead of below. I checked this with chrome and IE.

I'll send you the link to my gallery in pm.
Could you also send me admin login? I am not sure what causes this issue ... PS! I would appreciate if you could post questions like this in a separate topic. This topic is about Imagevue X2.6 Beta release, and is most likely not related to your problem.

sprocket
Experienced

30 Jan 2011, 08:32

Thanks guys, The mousewheel is back, and all my images are appearing on my textpages again. Great!

I have two requests (not bugs) for the 2.6 beta.

1. (Tiny request) Within the upload dialog box, it shows the following:
Resize images uploaded to 800 × 800 bounding box

Could you add a Width and Height labels to the line so that we know which number is which?
Example:
Resize images uploaded to 800 W × 800 H bounding box

2. The second request has to do with the new thumbnail editor. First off, I love the thumbnail editor. Sweet, simple, fast. The only problem with it, is that after your done editing your thumbnail, and you go back to the page with ALL your thumbnails (still in the admin), it doesn't refresh the edited thumbnails and shows the old ones. I've tried clearing the browsers cache, and that won't bring up the edited thumbs either. Seems I have to actually close the browser (FF) and clear the cache for the updated thumbs to appear correctly within the administrator. It makes it difficult in the admin to edit the thumbs when I can't determine which ones have already been edited.
P.S. The updated thumbs appear in the photo gallery with no issues.

Again, these are not bugs, just enhancements I think would improve things a little

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

30 Jan 2011, 21:38

Thanks. 1) makes sense, so we will fix this. 2) We need to look into the technical nature of this issue, but of course I agree with you.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

30 Jan 2011, 23:27

Both are fixed and will be available in the next update, thanks for noticing.
firedev.com

winph
Experienced

31 Jan 2011, 07:26

is there a way to move the menu vertically? i love the multiple background but i want to have a space on top to add a logo.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 Feb 2011, 03:17

winph wrote:is there a way to move the menu vertically? i love the multiple background but i want to have a space on top to add a logo.
This is explained here:
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/cust ... -the-menu/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 Feb 2011, 03:18

Imagevue X2.6 Released
We have now officially released Imagevue X2.6 final ›

https://www.photo.gallery/blog/imagevue-x26/

grimurnet
Experienced

02 Feb 2011, 04:41

mjau-mjau wrote:Imagevue X2.6 Released
We have now officially released Imagevue X2.6 final, and you will shortly see an official release post in the blog and some articles on how to implement sharing and other new features.
Sadly I think the fix for the jumping links when contactform has been left out of the official release of x2.6, it was ok in the beta version, I have already cleared all cache from browser gone to a computer that is accessing my gallery for the first time but the links are still moving to the right. You can check it out http://portfolio.grimur.net

nz-photo
Experienced

02 Feb 2011, 08:27

Hey Karl !
Currently trying the beta 2.6 and after relooking all my gallery, I didn't find any bugs or probs.
Great job as usual.
I stay tuned for news.
Nico.
Empty your mind, be formless, be shapeless, like water...
www.nz-photo.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 Feb 2011, 08:44

grimurnet wrote:Sadly I think the fix for the jumping links when contactform has been left out of the official release of x2.6, it was ok in the beta version, I have already cleared all cache from browser gone to a computer that is accessing my gallery for the first time but the links are still moving to the right. You can check it out http://portfolio.grimur.net
Actually, it wasn't ok in the beta release. Maybe it fixed your issue, but it was not fail safe. The reason you still see the bug, is because you have a custom theme with the CSS that creates the error:
http://portfolio.grimur.net/iv-includes ... agevue.css

Delete the following in your CSS:
Code
a:hover {
	text-decoration: underline;
}
This has already been done with the native Imagevue themes. The reason for this bug was explained in an earlier post to be found here:
viewtopic.php?p=24667#p24667

After removing the specified CSS class, make sure to clear your browser cache so it loads the new CSS.

sprocket
Experienced

02 Feb 2011, 09:51

Stumbled onto a new bug within the admin.
Previously when browsing to a folder with missing thumbnails, Imagevue would just create the thumbs that were missing. Now when a thumbnail is missing, an error appears for each picture that is missing a thumb.

ERROR:
Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for ../index.php?c=file&a=getthumb&path=content%2FPictures%2FIMAGE01.jpg (/iv-admin/templates/index.index.phtml:382)

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

02 Feb 2011, 10:53

Sorry I've accidenlty put the zip with an error for downloads, please download one more time now it's okay.
firedev.com