X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Imagevue X2.6 Beta!

26 Jan 2011, 07:11

Imagevue X2.6 Beta
Sorry for a few days delay, but we have now released Imagevue X2.6 Beta. We wish to maintain it as beta for a short period, because we have added some new features that need to be tested thoroughly.

If you are comfortable with the upgrade process and want to use the new features, I would say it is safe to upgrade. If you want to avoid the hassle, then I suggest waiting for X2.6 final to be announced shortly.
Download Imagevue X2.6 Beta

Features
We will be releasing proper documentation and explanations for the new features once we release X2.6 Final. For now, I have just made a quick list:
  • Social Media Sharing - Check the demo gallery and view image, textpage and thumbnails to see how the sharing button is integrated. Also check in the menu -> Various examples -> Social for some cool new menu functionality. We also included a manual integration method for the Facebook "like" button, as seen in our demo gallery.
    Read More
  • Multiple background images - Add multiple background images to your theme. Can be used creatively for logo, overlays, special functionality etc. We will cover this shortly in a new article.
  • Thumbnail Editor - Now you can edit any thumbnail from the admin. Simply navigate to an image from your admin, and click the previewimage top left, or click the edit-thumbnail icon. A window will open, allowing you to resize and crop the thumbnail as you like based on thumbnail size parameters.
  • Textpages - We have fixed some bugs with text editor and <p> paragraphs. Now text is properly formatted with <p>paragraph</p> tags, and also supports align. You may notice a small difference in your textpages, but all to the greater benefit.
  • Dashboard - New dashboard link in admin, which loads news and updates from Imagevue RSS/Blog and Imagevue Twitter. Stay tunes with new releases from us!
  • Gallery password - Now you can have a global gallery password by setting a password directly on the content folder in your root. Before the gallery actually loads, it will prompt the visitor for a password to log in to the gallery.
  • Recursive passwords - Set a password for a parent folder, and the password will inherit to the subfolders of this folder. Just be aware that the password will have to be input for each folder by the visitor still.
  • Added htaccess.txt - Rename this file to .htaccess to protect your XML files
  • Auto expanding input fields for admin
  • Fixed “jumping link” on contact form textpages - forum
  • Added "open in new window" checkbox for menu links.
There was a few features we didn't get the opportunity to include for X2.6, but we are already looking forwards to Imagevue X2.7!

dgysen

Re: Imagevue X2.6 Beta!

26 Jan 2011, 10:57

Great job!

I saw that you will release a note on social options so I will wait for details but is it possible to disable social link by folder by using parameters or something like that .

I've easily find the way to disable globally but not by folder

iKremers
Experienced

26 Jan 2011, 11:44

I've uploaded 2.6b to a seperate folder so I can test it, and everything seems to work fine. Although it does take a while for the uploader to show the upload button. I have the same "problem" with the latest 2.5.4 release.

Also, I don't get to see the FaceBook like function as displayed on the test gallery. Not that I really care, because I would have turned it off anyway. I'm not a big fan of FaceBook like... Guess I'll wait for the manual to see how to turn that function off :)
[url]http://www.jornkremers.com[/url]

alfie

26 Jan 2011, 12:00

iKremers wrote:Also, I don't get to see the FaceBook like function as displayed on the test gallery. Not that I really care, because I would have turned it off anyway. I'm not a big fan of FaceBook like... Guess I'll wait for the manual to see how to turn that function off :)
Same here.
Can't find the "LIKE Button" functionality
Sharing buttons are fine so far BUT when I do some test I notice, that the sharing isn't perfect, so that I get redirected to my mainpage when I klick on the shared linked.
I there a workaround to deeplinking to special images inside the gallery like it works very fine in the DEMO gallery?

when I share in the DEMO i get a shared link like this:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/#/content/...

on my page the shared link looks like this:
http://lightshades.de/?share=content%2F0...

give me a hint how to make it right please

another bug:
one of my textpages got crushed after updating to 2.6 beta..
on the references page I have now black text on fdarkred backgrund.. on the other textpage everything ok.. workaround?

my site: http://lightshades.de

greetings from germany
alfie

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

26 Jan 2011, 13:05

dgysen wrote:I saw that you will release a note on social options so I will wait for details but is it possible to disable social link by folder by using parameters or something like that .
Yes. For example, if you don't want social button in your imagebuttons for a specific folder, then add this:
Code
image.imagebuttons.buttons=window,popup,download,zoomin,zoomout
Eg. remove the "share" option, and just keep the options you want. You could do similar for thumbnails and textpages.
iKremers wrote:Also, I don't get to see the FaceBook like function as displayed on the test gallery. Not that I really care, because I would have turned it off anyway. I'm not a big fan of FaceBook like... Guess I'll wait for the manual to see how to turn that function off
You won't need intructions to turn OFF the facebook "like" button, because it is not there by default. This is in fact a manual operation that we can't integrate directly in the gallery because of its nature. In our demo, we have integrated in manually by using a html layer, and I will write an article about how to do this shortly. The facebook ICON and the facebook "like" button are two totally different things. The "like" button is an iframe, that tells facebook that the logged in user likes a specific page. Clicking the facebook icon however, will prompt a SHARE to the link from the current page on the users facebook page.
alfie wrote:Same here. Can't find the "LIKE Button" functionality
Same answer as above.
alfie wrote:when I share in the DEMO i get a shared link like this:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/#/content/...
What exactly do you mean? Try emptying your browser cache ... It works here.
alfie wrote:on my page the shared link looks like this:
http://lightshades.de/?share=content%2F0...
It seems you did not update your "imagevue.php" file, which handles calls like this ... Please make sure you update imagevue.php!

alfie

26 Jan 2011, 13:18

thanks for the hints and yes.. I've missed to update the imagevue.php

after doint this and emptying (once again) still problems on deep linking over the share function (facebok)

the share link in my browser looks loke this:
http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=htt ... exy_01.jpg

any solution?

the onlly page, that shows right is:
http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=htt ... ntact%252F

thx in advance

P.S.: Problem solved from itself.. don't realy know how it does.. thx anyway

alfie
Last edited by alfie on 26 Jan 2011, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

grimurnet
Experienced

26 Jan 2011, 16:19

The issue with the active menu item when linked to a specific folder is not fixed yet, will this be fixed in the official release of x2.6? And also the horizontal menu will there be the new version as talked about before?

One more thing about the password thing, is there not a solution for implementing the password so direct linking to the image is also password protected? By using php or something, because it is still accessible by going directly to the image without using imagevue?

Patrick_D1985
Experienced

26 Jan 2011, 17:16

Looking good again guys :)

Love the share feature :D
Nicely done.

I would like to know how you assigned the icons to the items in the demo page (the social ones)
That has some major potential.

Anyway ... side question ... when it fotomoto planned ?
I know its a major upcoming feature ... but so eager to start using it :D
PFSquad : Party Freakz Online
Owner / Webmaster / Administrator / Head of Photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

27 Jan 2011, 00:44

alfie wrote:P.S.: Problem solved from itself.. don't realy know how it does.. thx anyway
Perhaps it was something cache related
grimurnet wrote:The issue with the active menu item when linked to a specific folder is not fixed yet, will this be fixed in the official release of x2.6? And also the horizontal menu will there be the new version as talked about before?
We are working towards 2.7, which will include the horizontal menu. We are also moving forwards all the time, but we need to release once in a while also, and we need can't integrate everything at once. The truth is, that all integrations that are to be packed into Imagevue take time, because we like to do them properly. They need to work well, look nice, be style-able and configurable, and require documentation. Horizontal menu and Fotomoto e-commerce are the 2 next large features in our list, along with smaller features and fixes of course.
Patrick_D1985 wrote:I would like to know how you assigned the icons to the items in the demo page (the social ones) That has some major potential.
Currently, the folder icons are achieved by simply naming your folders for example "star", "email" or "facebook". You can of course have a separate title to display. This will be documented shortly, but we were hoping to extend it even more and perhaps have an icon selector from the admin for menu items.
Patrick_D1985 wrote:Anyway ... side question ... when it fotomoto planned ?
I know its a major upcoming feature ... but so eager to start using it
As mentioned above, it is one of the most important features next in our list (which always seems to grow, every time we shrink it with a release)

ystrooba

27 Jan 2011, 08:03

Hello,

The gallery password function doesn't seem to be working.
You still get a view of the folders inside a root folder. It doesn't ask you for a password.
For example : I would like to have a folder called private. under this folder I would like to have vacations, Family and so on.
But when I click on Private you see directly the other folders. (Same password for each folder in a folder is working fine)

Anyway good work !!!

Yves

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

27 Jan 2011, 09:07

ystrooba wrote:The gallery password function doesn't seem to be working.
You still get a view of the folders inside a root folder. It doesn't ask you for a password.
Password don't work like this, at least not yet. There is no "a" root folder, there is only "the" root folder, which is normally your "content" folder.

# Setting a password for your "content" folder will set a password for the entire gallery when accessing it.

# Setting a password for separate folders works as normal.

# You can set passwords for "parent" folders, and the password will inherit upon the "child" folders. However, the password on the parent folder will not prevent the subfolders from actually displaying in the menu. It just passes the password on to ALL subfolders so they can't be accessed.

So, you can have a folder called "private", and you can set a password on it and the password will be passed on to all subfolders. However, it will not prevent the subfolders from simply displaying in the menu. It will just password protect the subfolders. Also, it does protect your "private" folder itself, but since there is nothing in it to load, then there is nothing to load, and hence no password prompt.

grimurnet
Experienced

27 Jan 2011, 11:27

mjau-mjau wrote:
ystrooba wrote:The gallery password function doesn't seem to be working.
Password don't work like this, at least not yet. There is no "a" root folder, there is only "the" root folder, which is normally your "content" folder.

# Setting a password for your "content" folder will set a password for the entire gallery when accessing it.

# Setting a password for separate folders works as normal.

# You can set passwords for "parent" folders, and the password will inherit upon the "child" folders. However, the password on the parent folder will not prevent the subfolders from actually displaying in the menu. It just passes the password on to ALL subfolders so they can't be accessed.

So, you can have a folder called "private", and you can set a password on it and the password will be passed on to all subfolders. However, it will not prevent the subfolders from simply displaying in the menu. It will just password protect the subfolders. Also, it does protect your "private" folder itself, but since there is nothing in it to load, then there is nothing to load, and hence no password prompt.
I was wondering about this password protecting, is it not possible to make it password protected also with direct accessing the image, if the person figures out this link to the actual image? Like connecting the password system in imagevue with .htaccess, but by using the password prompt in imagevue, the normal login won't look as nice, I have been using the .htaccess login, but was hoping the password prompt in imagevue would be able to work the same way. I hope you understand what I mean :-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

28 Jan 2011, 00:53

grimurnet wrote:I was wondering about this password protecting, is it not possible to make it password protected also with direct accessing the image, if the person figures out this link to the actual image? Like connecting the password system in imagevue with .htaccess, but by using the password prompt in imagevue, the normal login won't look as nice, I have been using the .htaccess login, but was hoping the password prompt in imagevue would be able to work the same way. I hope you understand what I mean :-)
Well, this was something we were discussing back-and-forth since we started working with passwords. We could build a system that integrates with htaccess, or we could make it look nice and simply protect native to Imagevue. The first option is subject to all kinds of problems, because for one this is Linux only, and also we cannot directly connect the imagevue SWF with these login prompts so its not gonna look nice. Also, its gonna get ugly when flash tries to load various images. Add into that the problems people will have because imagevue doesn't have permission to create this file on some servers. Because of the feedback we got, we opted to go with a straight-forward solution, as we stated in this doc:
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/folder-passwords/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

28 Jan 2011, 00:58

For those of you who are having problems with formatting in textpage ordered <ol> and unordered <ul> LISTS, you can download a quickfix here:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/iv-includes/imagevue2.swf
(right-click and choose "save as")

Simply replace your SWF with the latest SWF. You may want to clear your cache before you download it, and use it.

I think we will be looking to release a new X2.6 ZIP later today, as there are a few bugs.

grimurnet
Experienced

28 Jan 2011, 05:29

Hi, I was wondering is there any plugin on the way for wordpress. So one can choose what to display and so on?
I was thinking of something similar to slidepress for slideshow pro. Or is there any other way to generate embed code to simply insert into wordpress?