Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: Imagevue X2.5 Beta Release

13 Dec 2010, 21:23

iKremers wrote:I do have a weird problem with the about page: http://www.jkphoto.nl/#/content/about/ It shows HTML image tags in the text which are not showing when I edit the page in the admin, nor in the HTML editor of the page.

I even tried deleting the about page and creating a new text page but the tag lines keep showing.
Sorry, it was a bug in the code related to text-pages without images using ' single quotes. Please download the latest SWF file, and replace it on your server:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/iv-includes/imagevue2.swf
(Right-click and choose "save as...")

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

13 Dec 2010, 21:26

bixo wrote:
I do have a weird problem with the about page
Similar problem with my textpage here. Embedded image doesn't load, the HTML Editor doesn't work, code is not even readable, looks like white text on white.
I have fixed the issue mentioned by iKremers, but I can't see how this problem is related to yours. Maybe you have a link?

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

13 Dec 2010, 23:47

bixo wrote:Embedded image doesn't load, the HTML Editor doesn't work, code is not even readable, looks like white text on white.
Please supply us with the link to the problematic page, Imagevue Control Panel login and ftp login if possible to check and fix on your server.
firedev.com

bixo
Experienced

14 Dec 2010, 04:25

Please supply us with the link to the problematic page, Imagevue Control Panel login and ftp login if possible to check and fix on your server.
Link supplied.
Thanks!

sprocket
Experienced

14 Dec 2010, 08:58

Here are some of the text page issues I am experiencing

1.) Same issue as BIXO. Now when I go into the text page editor and click on the "html" button, I get a white box with white lettering, so editing in html mode is now impossible in that window.

2.) Some symbols are appearing on the text page by their code instead of their symbol. Example when I use the degree symbol, I get ° on my text page instead of the symbol for degrees. This is true of other symbols also. Code instead of symbol.

3.) The default font size for the text page body has changed to a smaller font. None of the obvious sections in the css stylesheet seem to allow adjusting it back to what it was. I have tried adding a font-size:xx; to sections like textpage {...} and textpage_body {...} in the css and no change in font size on text page. This is a problem because now my pictures on the pages are running into each other with the small text around them.

4.) Photos on the text page that are bigger (in size) than what is specified in the width and height are not adjusting to the sizes specified and are appearing at their native size. They are appearing larger in my case. Exp If a pictures size is 500 x 300 (in the file) and I specify 250 x 125 (on the page), the picture will show up on the page at 500 x 300.

5.) Wondering why the font size and font color options have been removed from the editor. Are we no longer able to size and color our fonts in the pages?

6.) Having an issue where I make changes in the text page editor, then save the changes, but the changes do not save when the page refreshes in the editor. All the changes are gone. Sometime if I make the changes and save over and over they eventually stick. These changes can be something as simple as adjusting the width or height in a picture.

Nick, if you have my link and passwords from our session on Sunday, feel free to check these issues out for yourself on my server. If you no longer have my info, PM me and I'll resend them to you.

Thanks Joe

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

14 Dec 2010, 09:30

sprocket wrote: 1.) Now when I go into the text page editor and click on the "html" button
2.) Some symbols are appearing on the text page by their code instead of their symbol
3.) The default font size for the text page body has changed to a smaller font.
This was fixed already we're holding 2.5.1 for a bit to fix remaining issue reported

sprocket wrote:5.) Wondering why the font size and font color options have been removed from the editor. Are we no longer able to size and color our fonts in the pages?
Yes. Maybe we might integrate it back in the future, but for now let us fix other issues related to the new editor first.
sprocket wrote:4.) Photos on the text page that are bigger (in size) than what is specified in the width and height are not adjusting to the sizes specified and are appearing at their native size. They are appearing larger in my case. Exp If a pictures size is 500 x 300 (in the file) and I specify 250 x 125 (on the page), the picture will show up on the page at 500 x 300.

6.) Having an issue where I make changes in the text page editor, then save the changes, but the changes do not save when the page refreshes in the editor. All the changes are gone. Sometime if I make the changes and save over and over they eventually stick. These changes can be something as simple as adjusting the width or height in a picture.
This we got to investigate, could you please post a link to the page with the image in question. Also this might be related to cached xml in flash. Did you try to clear browser's cache?

What of changes not saving - what browser/os are you using?
firedev.com

sprocket
Experienced

14 Dec 2010, 10:51

PM sent Nick

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

14 Dec 2010, 12:17

#4 - I can add that this has been fixed and is ready for 2.5.1 also. However, we would promote the idea to use original-sized images in text-pages simply because they look better at original size. I don't think text-pages was meant to support a lot of functionality, simply because of flash textfield limitations.

#5 - Similar to above, this option was removed generally because we don't think text pages look nice with with different font-sizes and different font-colors. There was some compatibility issues and problems with text-editor versus flash textfields with limited support. What are you using colors and sizes for if I may ask? Ideally, if you are creating advanced text-pages, you should be editing in html mode perhaps, and this would also give you the option to use your own superior CSS styles (instead of deprecated <font> tag).
Code
<span class="mycustomstyle">Text here</span>

globetrotter
Imagevue Expert

14 Dec 2010, 13:35

Great job, like always!

But I have found two small issues:

1) When I use one or more less-than signs (<) in the Sitetitle the Flash player will crash, and sometimes also Firefox.
In version 2.1.x this was working fine (>>> sitename <<<).

2) My audioplayer is set play the songs random. But is always sorted date asc. (this is the sort setting of the mp3-directory).
Rene
http://www.globetrotternet.nl/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

15 Dec 2010, 05:35

We release Imagevue X2.5.1, basically because we had a few bugs in the 2.5 release. Fixed:

# Texteditor: Invisible HTML editor
# Texteditor: <p> tags (small & un-stylable text)
# Texteditor: Align for images (done using align buttons)
# Texteditor: Image size is set correctly when selecting image from list
# Admin: reset()/key() error message
# Admin: HTML and PHP fixes for stuff we found along the way
# General: random sort in audio player
# Flash: Fixed bug when using <> in siteTitle
# Flash: Fixed image width and height in textpages when set to something else than original image size

edgar-

15 Dec 2010, 17:52

I have installed the 2.5.1 version and I detected that if I disabled the main gallery menu the player doesn't play the music and if I enabled it then it plays the music well.

Also, when a click on a gallery to play, the controls don't hide automatically, I need move the mose over it and then desapeared it.

And at last, the thumbnails are overlaped.

You can see an example in my page http://www.cesargluque.com/retrato-portrait

Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

16 Dec 2010, 02:46

edgar-, I checked your gallery.

# The audioplayer in your gallery plays music here. I don't see that the menu is enabled.

# What do you mean "when you click on a gallery to play"? I don't even see a main menu in your gallery, so how can you click on it? I clicked the play/pause button in your controls, and this works fine ...

edgar-

17 Dec 2010, 05:56

Sorry for my explanation.

You can select the gallery in the left menu. Click on Portfolio and then select a gallery. I have integrated imagevue into my html code.

I've seen in many computers that sometimes plays the music and sometimes doesn't. Audioplayer loads well but it doesn't find songs.

Thanks.

marbeniek

17 Dec 2010, 07:10

What about mp3 and group folder.
Gal
-sub1
-sub2

In previous versions when mp3 was in Gal it was played for all subgalleries.
Does it work for 2.5.1?
I cannot force it to play :(

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 Dec 2010, 00:40

edgar-: I am not quite sure why this is not working properly for you. Most likely, it is related to your specific setup with unique URLs for each gallery, although I can't diagnose specifically. Perhaps you have a link and login to your admin so I could look around?