Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

markam24
Experienced

Re: thumbs down

26 Mar 2010, 01:08

They do sell outside the US from what I understand (not sure how that works).

Also concerned about self fulfillment, but they say that is in the works (earlier in this thread) along with digital downloads & licensing (mentioned on their website).

Hopefully they'll chime in on this.

Fotomoto

26 Mar 2010, 14:50

Hello
a) for anyone living outside of the the US

This is not the case. More than half of our user are from non-US countries, including two celebrity photographers / bloggers:

www.topleftpixel.com (Canada)
www.chromasia.com/iblog (UK)
b) for photographers selling stock photos or printing themselves

As mentioned above, self-fulfillment is coming. You will be able to choose, for example, to do the prints yourself, and leave the postcards for us to print.
c) for artists selling fine art reproductions

We are in the final stage of choosing the right fine art print and canvas print partners. We are also adding more print products such as Fotoflot.

Thank you.

olivewhite
Experienced

29 Mar 2010, 17:49

Hi

After reviewing fotomoto, i personnally think this is a really great idea. Before discovering fotmoto, i intended using zenfolio but fotomoto gives more flexibility as it is able to be implemented on your own website, including imagevue.

It seems to be possible to include it already on IV2 with a javascript source and a call popup function in <body>
Code
<script type="text/javascript" 
src="http://widget.fotomoto.com/stores/script/92219dfc4a16257ba31dea1695bf3349dcc7e142.js"></script>
Code
<a href="javascript:void(0);" name="print" style="" class="FotomotoBarLink">Buy Print</a>
i am not sure but is it possible to integrate it NOW on imagevue v2.1?

Thanks so much for idea!
Olive White Photographies
https://www.olivewhite.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

30 Mar 2010, 01:09

olivewhite wrote:i am not sure but is it possible to integrate it NOW on imagevue v2.1?
This may be possible, by embedding and initiating the javascript, and then using the imagevue "link" button to trigger the purchase window(through javascript). However, I am not quite sure how this works yet, and how the script knows what image to target unless specified. I will need to do some further research ... I'll have a few words with the guys at Fotomoto.

Of course, we would like to integrate this properly into Imagevue as there is an entire API as you can find here: http://blog.fotomoto.com/2010/02/16/fotomoto-api-v07/ - Imagevue will communicate with Fotomoto through javascript, and we want to set it up so that Imagevue works seamlessly with Fotmoto and setup is automated. We also want to focus on making an optimized e-commerce experience for the visitor, and that will require some planning for the interface ...

I found a useful FAQ at Fotomoto here:
http://www.fotomoto.com/site/faq

olivewhite
Experienced

30 Mar 2010, 13:44

Thanks mjau-mjau :D
Waiting for updates
Olive White Photographies
https://www.olivewhite.com

liammac

07 Apr 2010, 07:50

Yes! all signed up and ready to rock. I want this. When do you think it will be incorporated within imagevue?
www.liammac.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

08 Apr 2010, 03:26

liammac wrote:Yes! all signed up and ready to rock. I want this. When do you think it will be incorporated within imagevue?
Well, we are working on it for a major update that will see many earlier requested features also. Sorry cant give an exact date, except before the summer, but the admin update is already semi-cooked.

liammac

08 Apr 2010, 05:22

Excellent! looking forward to the update.
Thanks.
www.liammac.com

liammac

07 May 2010, 17:49

How we going guys? any news on the fotomoto front?
www.liammac.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 May 2010, 00:43

liammac wrote:How we going guys? any news on the fotomoto front?
June!

nate78

14 May 2010, 19:15

I sure hope you don't force us all to use Fotomoto. I actually love using my PayPal checkout and manage my printing through my own vendor.

Please whatever you do, dont make Fotomoto the only option for fulfillment or I will be forced to find a new web solution. ;-(

Nate

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

15 May 2010, 02:37

nate78 wrote:I sure hope you don't force us all to use Fotomoto. I actually love using my PayPal checkout and manage my printing through my own vendor.

Please whatever you do, dont make Fotomoto the only option for fulfillment or I will be forced to find a new web solution. ;-(

Nate
Well, I dont know if you read through the entire thread so you understand the technical fundament for a webshop ... We certainly are not gonna force people to use Fotomoto, but it will be the complete solution ... It will handle 1. shopping cart 2. Item attributes selection 3. payment processing and 4. fullfillment (with the option of self-fulfillment). This is not a combo we can provide out-of-the-box in Imagevue for type X products, with X attributes, with X payment processors and with X fullfillment ... Technically impossible.

There may be extended solutions for DIY (do it yourself), but that would be a simple cart that simply adds a product(photo?) without any selection attributes attached. The visitor could then checkout to for example paypal, and nothing else would be automated. In my opinion, this is very ungratifying for the visitor ...

leoz

01 Jun 2010, 18:49

mjau-mjau wrote:
liammac wrote:How we going guys? any news on the fotomoto front?
June!
So ?
Im so impatient ! ;)

Leoz

JK

16 Jun 2010, 09:29

Haven't been here in a while and then I read this fantastic news ;-)

I've been looking for a good option to outsource prints at but the problem is that I will have to redirect customers to another site. So the integrated fotomoto option is just what I've been looking for.

I do hope that fotomoto will find a good Black & White fine-art print shop. Most print shops expose B&W images on color paper...

Shadow3D

Hello

16 Jul 2010, 19:35

What is the Time Frame for the FotoMoto Integration looking like? Also the Password Protected Folders.