Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Pedro
Experienced

Individual password folders would be great feature

23 Aug 2010, 05:17

wow - yesssss pleaaaase

I am waiting for this feature also a loooong time.
To be able to offer a client, that he can protect each folder with individual password would be super!

Imagine following situation:

A client is a photographer - as a lot of us here are. (so I talk about myself now)
I finished a shooting and want to show my client on the web the pics from the shooting to select his pics.
But those pics shouldn ´t be able to access to the public of course.
The client can select his pics by sending the pics for the "finished sujets".
To make that simple, he could put them in a kind of shopping cart with a preview pic.

When finished he sends me his collection per mail. He can go in his cart to controll again his selection.
To make it easier to compare the pics selected, those pics are in a temp folder to make a slideshow or see them pic per pic.

This is an realistic daily situation and I would pay extra for these features. Seriosly!

Please look into it.
thanks
Pedro Tirolo

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

23 Aug 2010, 06:48

greenc00 wrote:I need to put together

<file name="EnJ_Eng_0_2280.jpg" purchase="/acatalog/Photos.html?photo=http://www.thephotoman.co.uk/acat_pics/ ... 0_2280.jpg" title="" description=""/>
Not quite sure why it is in <file /> tag format ... If your buy link is going anywhere, it has to be a link ... Something I am not getting.

Also, YES there would be ways to automate "buy" links, but I don't see how you can avoid having to edit each and every one of them anyway - In addition to some template-date, you would still have to add data from that specific image ... or MAYBE it could be extracted from the file name?

In the end of the day, this topic is about FOTOMOTO integration, which once integrated, certainly will be much better than something native we could build into Imagevue. Why don't you consider this option in time instead?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: Individual password folders would be great feature

23 Aug 2010, 06:52

Pedro wrote:wow - yesssss pleaaaase

I am waiting for this feature also a loooong time.
To be able to offer a client, that he can protect each folder with individual password would be super!

Imagine following situation:

A client is a photographer - as a lot of us here are. (so I talk about myself now)
I finished a shooting and want to show my client on the web the pics from the shooting to select his pics.
But those pics shouldn ´t be able to access to the public of course.
The client can select his pics by sending the pics for the "finished sujets".
To make that simple, he could put them in a kind of shopping cart with a preview pic.

When finished he sends me his collection per mail. He can go in his cart to controll again his selection.
To make it easier to compare the pics selected, those pics are in a temp folder to make a slideshow or see them pic per pic.

This is an realistic daily situation and I would pay extra for these features. Seriosly!

Please look into it.
thanks
Ok, well password-protected folders and e-commerce integration (with Fotomoto) is coming up ...

As for your specific requests, you want some "lightbox" function where the customer can check certain images .... and then? Send this list to the photographer? We will have to consider this for next phase, as it sounds like a lot of interfaces and e-mails.

greenc00

27 Aug 2010, 05:38

I need to put together

<file name="EnJ_Eng_0_2280.jpg" purchase="/acatalog/Photos.html?photo=http://www.thephotoman.co.uk/acat_pics/ ... 0_2280.jpg" title="" description=""/>

This is the link to a purchasing page. What I need is the ability to enter
="/acatalog/Photos.html?photo=http://www.thephotoman.co.uk/acat_pics/
generically in the admin as link to purchasing page and photo repository and for the program to automatically put the photoname in where it is needed.

This means that I am not DEPENDENT on external websites to sell my pictures and taking a rake off for their services. (Which, if one decides to use them are fully justified.) However I do not want them to be the only option for me.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

29 Aug 2010, 10:56

So what you want, is for the purchase-link data for ALL items to all be pre-filled based on some [custom-path] + [filename]? Of course, this would be technically possible, but I have to ask ... how long time would it take to paste this into the admin? Or even edit the XML file for the folder directly, and just pasting your link, and adding the imagename reference ... 2 minutes perhaps per folder? Definitely something we can consider, but I am just trying to understand you 100%.

I would argue that an inferior e-commerce system would already "rake" off what you may earn from having a proper one integrated.

greenc00

30 Aug 2010, 14:47

Have a look at the link below

http://www.thephotoman.co.uk/Our_Photos ... 2181_1.jpg

This will show you a photo - one of 413 in this folder alone, making cutting and pasting the information too time consuming. Pleviously I have constructed the XML file yusing the command prompt and dir > filename.txt to construct a list of the photo names, and then pasting this into excel to produce the Bulk of the XML file. Exporting this as a txt file, opening this in notebook and removing the unnecessary ,s. It works, but only because I have some experience in programming. It is too cumbersome and too easy to make a mistake.

What I want to produce is:

<file name="SPW_8003.jpg" purchase="/acatalog/Photos.html?photo=http://www.thephotoman.co.uk/Our_Photos ... t/Weddings and Wedding Evenings/994 22nd May 2010 Wedding of Shelley to Peter/09 Des Erin and Family/SPW_8003.jpg#38;name=SPW_8003.jpg" title="" description=""/>

for each photo.

In oder to do this I would need anothere section in admin/config called purchase
There would be one entry required in this - Path to catalog page.
In my case, at present this is /acatalog/Photos.html I have included a page name here for my own purposes which may or may not be necessary in the future.

The program needs to construct the entry for each photo in the XML file.

<file name="SPW_8003.jpg"

purchase="/acatalog/Photos.html? (path entered in admin/config)

photo=http://www.thephotoman.co.uk/Our_Photos ... t/Weddings and Wedding Evenings/994 22nd May 2010 Wedding of Shelley to Peter/09 Des Erin and Family/SPW_8003.jpg -
(COMPLETE path to the Photo incase the catalog page in reached via another web site. Please not that this can also be used as the return after purchase parameter)

#38; (Connecting & to begin second parameter)

name=SPW_8003.jpg" (Actual Name of photo is the cecond parameter)

title="" description=""/>

I hope that his explains sufficiently what I am trting to do. If it does not please let me know. Once I can make this work then I will be developing one of the free shopping cart programs to interact with the system here proposed. Any developments that I make I will be more than willing to chare with the community.

Thank you for you interest.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

31 Aug 2010, 01:19

greenc00 wrote:What I want to produce is:

<file name="SPW_8003.jpg" purchase="/acatalog/Photos.html?photo=http://www.thephotoman.co.uk/Our_Photos ... t/Weddings and Wedding Evenings/994 22nd May 2010 Wedding of Shelley to Peter/09 Des Erin and Family/SPW_8003.jpg#38;name=SPW_8003.jpg" title="" description=""/>

for each photo.
Here, I am presuming you want the link in Imagevue to produce the OUTPUT of the purchase attribute specified above. In fact, I think it may be a little different than you imagine ... If we integrate something like this, it would most likely be dynamic parsing from the flash frontend. For example, you may have:
Code
[custom-string][gallerypath][imagepath][imagename]
When inserting this into a new "default data field" for the purchase link, for your example, it would be something like:
Code
/acatalog/Photos.html?photo=[gallerypath][imagepath]#38;name=[imagename]
Unfortunately, I am not sure where the #38 comes from?

Anyway, we would make a global data field for the purchase-link, and you could insert something like the text above. This means that some of the data is static (like the ... Photos.html reference), while the other data in [brackets] would be parsed in real-time in the flash based on current image.

This would also mean that the in the XML itself, it would look more like this
Code
<file name="SPW_8003.jpg" purchase="/acatalog/Photos.html?photo=[gallerypath][imagepath]#38;name=[imagename]" title="" description=""/>
... which of course would get parsed correctly on output (I am still not sure what #38 represents though ...)

Makes sense?

ChrisLong

01 Sep 2010, 10:07

Having invested a significant amount of cash in my Imagevue licence I wish there was as much feedback forthcoming about the new Admin System as there is about this.....

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Sep 2010, 05:22

ChrisLong wrote:Having invested a significant amount of cash in my Imagevue licence I wish there was as much feedback forthcoming about the new Admin System as there is about this.....
Well, there is a separate topic for the new imagevue admin. Things have been seemingly slow around here, and I have explained and apologized for this also in a separate topic. New admin is 90% finished, and you will soon see the release of this along with a new website for better support and interaction.

Of course, we are also here to improve in other areas also in reference to this topic ...

olivewhite
Experienced

07 Sep 2010, 06:48

hello karl!
is it possible to know, in a few days range, the date of the new release?
thanks in advance :D
Olive White Photographies
https://www.olivewhite.com

Shadow3D

12 Sep 2010, 14:31

olivewhite wrote:hello karl!
is it possible to know, in a few days range, the date of the new release?
thanks in advance :D
Yes that would be Great if we could get an estimated date range for the new release.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

13 Sep 2010, 08:18

I really don't like giving dates because I have been wrong so many times, and it's backfiring on us ... and we do apologize for this.

First of all, you will see a brand spanking new webpage and forum within the next few days. Thereafter, we are all into nailing this next major release (where the new admin is already done 80%). I estimate release first half of October.

Shadow3D

Re: Shopping cart/e-commerce integration > FOTOMO -Comments?

28 Nov 2010, 04:18

Is this going to still happen?

It would really be a nice thing to have.

ahrc

06 Jan 2011, 16:23

I almost signed up with smug mug, who charge an annual fee and also take I think 10% off sales. They have a superb tool but postage and time to deliver from the states to e.g. the uk of ordered prints was way too long and very expensive.

I plugin to sell prints and downloads as a minimum is in my view something that's needed but the pricing has to be right.

Hugh
Hugh

iKremers
Experienced

07 Jan 2011, 10:11

High shiping costs to the EU is also in effect through fotomoto, currently they do all their printing in the US.

I tested the service through my wordpress blog, but wasn't at all hapy with the black&white prints, they all came back with a green colour cast.

Exchanged some e-mails with them but it was never resolved, so I removed the service from my site. Hopefully they fixed it by the time X2.6 is released.
[url]http://www.jornkremers.com[/url]