Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

westausgang.de
Topic Author

imagevuexV2 as page component in wordpress

05 Jan 2010, 04:42

I am currently trying to use imagevuexV2 to display photos in a wordpress blog. I knew how it works with the old V1 version (excellent description here https://www.photo.gallery/imagevue/spc/) but with V2 I could not figure out how it works...
What I want is that imagevue just displays the photo in a specific size (e.g. 600x496) with minimal settings like described in the link above.

My idea was to use WPswfObject to load the gallery into the post and call several paramets e.g.:
[SWF]gallery/imagevue/imagevue2.swf, 600, 496, allowFullScreen=true&foreground_color=EEEEEE&background_color=EEEEEE&theme=white[/SWF]

The question for me is:
- how can I configure imagevue that is acts like a page component (see link above)
- how can I tell imagevue to show photos only from a specific folder (via url command?!)

Thanks in advance for the support and feedback.
"While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see." - Dorothea Lange

http://www.westausgang.de

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Jan 2010, 22:46

Problem with imagevue X2 is that it is so bloated for basic inline slideshows. You could create a new config and change a lot of settings and have it look like a plain slideshow ... Now this will be easier with the NEXT version we are working on since this should be able to support multiple configs by url parameter (ex. ?config=inline).

Additionally, the idea of having an inline slideshow with a fullscreen button is a really good idea, but to have a seamless integration it would require some planning because it would have to toggle between two configuration states if you want it to look and work perfectly in both states.

So, what you are looking for is a simple inline slideshow module? We actually created some very simple module for that, which we didnt get around to release yet. It doesnt scale images withing its borders, but it can connect to the imagevue scripts. Perhaps you want to try it? e-mail? I can help you set it up ...