Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

kresimir.paun1

google sitemap

27 Jun 2009, 04:28

I would like to see an automated google sitemap generator that tags all text pages inside gallery. Something like Wordpress google sitemap plugin. Could it be done?
I always finish my senten

markam24
Experienced

27 Jun 2009, 12:13

Last edited by markam24 on 04 Oct 2009, 13:36, edited 4 times in total.

anytime732
Experienced

05 Jul 2009, 17:08

all these ideas sound very good but whens it going to happen....... project plan maybe??
things are not as they appear, nor are they otherwise

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

06 Jul 2009, 06:55

Sitemap is there already, it should be indexed because its it in html in frontpage in a div which is replaced with swf
firedev.com

kresimir.paun1

sitemap issue

06 Jul 2009, 08:20

I am not talking about he map ot the website. I am talking about the google sitemap function. Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitemaps. I have already sent this link. I can not believe nobody see thee need for something like that to help us to index text pages in the search engines, with flash killing all the tags.
I always finish my senten

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

06 Jul 2009, 14:32

anytime732 wrote:all these ideas sound very good but whens it going to happen....... project plan maybe??
Well, this topic has gone slightly out of line, and sorry to say, so has that question. This topic is about suggestions to a new ADMIN facelift. Yes, it may include some new admin-specific features, but NO that does not include sitemap generator because that is not admin-specific.
kresimir.paun1 wrote:I am not talking about he map ot the website. I am talking about the google sitemap function. Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitemaps. I have already sent this link. I can not believe nobody see thee need for something like that to help us to index text pages in the search engines, with flash killing all the tags.
Sorry, but I think you are missing out on some technical background here. What exactly are you hoping to achieve with something like this? The Imagevue sitemap and html site already allows search engines to index the individual imagevue pages. Do you perhaps mean those additional links displayed in google when for example searching "imagevue"? Google makes that structure automatically, although you can forward an XML sitemap to correct googles guess at the sitemap. Keep in mind, that map will only display for first item in google. In addition, there would be some technical issues: How would imagevue decide your site structure? Simply from items targeted as "textpages"? ... Also, keep in mind that imagevue is ultimately a single-page flash website, so your links would have to go to the HTML pages, which is mostly undesirable. Google does not like to separate links which have the same URL, but with different #anchor.

markam24
Experienced

06 Jul 2009, 23:26

"Google sitemaps" are formated specifically for google (i think) and are in an XML or similar format. There are sitemap generating programs like GSiteCrawler that create them.

I've used them and, frankly, they don't lead to additional link discoveries (beyond what X2 feeds within itself) and are redundant.

anytime732
Experienced

07 Jul 2009, 12:18

i dont think that question is out of line at all :!:

your asking for opinions on what people would like and ultimatly making you money from it so its not suprising that people want to know when things are lickly to be implemented so they can benifit from their purchase

markam24
Experienced

07 Jul 2009, 13:31

Software developers don't usually publicly list them as not to give a heads up to competitors. It's generally considered bad move for developers.
Last edited by markam24 on 04 Oct 2009, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.

anytime732
Experienced

07 Jul 2009, 13:42

To be honest im getting a little annoyed here, as soon as you mention anything along the lines future development and timescales you basically get told to that your wrong to mention such a thing
From my own personal experience there is nothing wrong with distributing approximate timescales and what's going. And I don't see how it's off topic? let's face it were talking about the future of a product why is it so wrong to want to how long it will be before certain features are available. im running a business too, there are features there have been mentioned which im keen to utilise as for roadmaps and project plans personally I don't think imagevuex has much to worry about with competitors they have such a unique market and the current ideas aren't really that difficult to come up with.

Don't get me wrong I really like x and it's got a lot going for it. What im not happy with is lack of info provided about future development and the attitude in the response when its mention.

That's my 2 cents worth

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

08 Jul 2009, 12:03

anytime732: Sorry about that, it came out wrong from my side. That question was not out of line. It only came in response to the post about google sitemap creator. This thread is ONLY about a new admin ... We are already working on new versions, and releasing them(We released one today!). This thread is about trying to make the admin a better and faster experience, and nothing more.

Your question was:
anytime732 wrote:all these ideas sound very good but whens it going to happen....... project plan maybe??
Well, this post was initially to GET these ideas from all you users - We didn ´t add those ideas ourselves. It doesn ´t mean we will integrate everything requested, but it will help us create a better admin. We are obviously in a planning phase, and we have now started putting down the initial plans for the new admin. I hope we can begin on this within a few weeks, and it will take a few months, but right now I can ´t give you an exact date for release.

anytime732
Experienced

08 Jul 2009, 15:17

thanks for the update karl, my only gripe was there was a lot of theory and no mention of practical. now thats cleared up im sure we can all look forward to the addition updates to x2

Rolf

meta tags config would be great

09 Jul 2009, 04:20

Hi, i think it is a good idea if there is a possibility to put meta tags such as content keywords and description to different text pages.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: meta tags config would be great

09 Jul 2009, 08:28

Rolf wrote:Hi, i think it is a good idea if there is a possibility to put meta tags such as content keywords and description to different text pages.
Well, this will have no effect on the flash gallery, simply because a textpage is not a webpage and does not use keywords or description.

We were thinking of making it easier to add meta-tags to to the main index document without having to edit the template file.

njneh

Passwords

10 Jul 2009, 12:37

How about passwords for select folders? Only certain people would have access to these private folders. I know I have seen posts about this in the past. I think this would be very useful for many people who may post pics or text pages for limited people.

Thanks.