Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Shadow3D

Password Protection

18 Mar 2010, 23:11

nwanko wrote:Don't get me wrong, but i think you set the wrong priorities. instead of building a new admin you build a new website. i don't see the need of a new website. Lots of people have been asking for a new admin or at least a password protection function. Will this be released in early spring or later?

Best of luck!
I have had several request for Password protected folders from several clients also.

I miss the Color Selectors you had in the Admin when X2 first came out, now I have to switch over to Photoshop to get the Hex Code for the colors I want. Not sure why this feature disappeared, but it came in Handy.

Also several Request for Drag And Drop Capabilities, in the Admin. Lost a few clients to www.LiveBooks.com, due the them having a more Full Featured Admin Interface. Even though the Front end is not even in the Same League as ImageVue.

Also, I have received a few complaints about excessive error messages, especially for some MP3s clients have uploaded.

I would like to also be able to modify the Color Theme of the admin section also, some clients don't like the Darkness of it.

And with the new Admin would that allow for a Rating System for the Photos to be added? and a new category where it shows TOP Rated Photos. I have had several request for that also.

If I can think of anything else that would come in handy I will let you know.

Tim

markam24
Experienced

20 Mar 2010, 01:25

I'm intrigued by the additional front ends you've referred to. I guess well learn more in time (after the new admin / site).

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: Password Protection

21 Mar 2010, 13:18

Shadow3D wrote:I have had several request for Password protected folders from several clients also.

I miss the Color Selectors you had in the Admin when X2 first came out, now I have to switch over to Photoshop to get the Hex Code for the colors I want. Not sure why this feature disappeared, but it came in Handy.

Also several Request for Drag And Drop Capabilities, in the Admin. Lost a few clients to www.LiveBooks.com, due the them having a more Full Featured Admin Interface. Even though the Front end is not even in the Same League as ImageVue.

Also, I have received a few complaints about excessive error messages, especially for some MP3s clients have uploaded.

I would like to also be able to modify the Color Theme of the admin section also, some clients don't like the Darkness of it.

And with the new Admin would that allow for a Rating System for the Photos to be added? and a new category where it shows TOP Rated Photos. I have had several request for that also.

If I can think of anything else that would come in handy I will let you know.

Tim
Thanks for your valuable feedback! A few comments from me ...

# Password protected folders is definitely one important feature we will be integrating. May I ask, when you say "your clients", do you mean clients with separate imagevue galleries or clients that have their photos in your gallery?

# Color selectors are already available from the Imagevue X2 admin settings page. Just select a textfield where you are supposed to add HEX and a color selector appears. Perhaps you mean somewhere else in the admin?

# Drag and drop for sorting/managing folders and files is definitely on its way! Do you happen to have an example of the livebooks admin with login?

#Error messages related to files(in this case mp3) please report to us. We are constantly tweaking imagevue to work on all server because there is always issues with metadata, character encoding and what-not.

# Admin theme color - Thanks for the tip! We should be able to provide at least 2 set themes for the new admin, and it should not be too hard to edit the CSS to your own taste if you wish to do so!

# Rating system? and top rated? Personally, I think this belongs in community-galleries. I can't imagine too many imagevue galleries where there are volumes of viewers wanting to rate a photo. I also don't believe in weighting down the imagevue interface, because it takes away the focus of what Imagevue is good for. Top rated folder? yes, technically possible but of course requires the rating system. This also deviates slightly from imagevues real-time file/folder system, and may require database integration. This has been requested before, and we will keep in mind of course!

Thanks!

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

22 Mar 2010, 01:46

Gotta say that latest release has some improvements in error reporting, now they are more compact and not that annoying.
firedev.com

jar3d

22 Apr 2010, 09:27

mjau-mjau wrote: First we are releasing new site, then we are completing new admin. Certainly it will be finished early spring ...
It's early spring right now! Is this still the plan?

I'm excited :P

nwanko

08 Jun 2010, 16:41

jar3d wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote: First we are releasing new site, then we are completing new admin. Certainly it will be finished early spring ...
It's early spring right now! Is this still the plan?

I'm excited :P
Still no update?? can't believe it's taking so long..

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 Jun 2010, 06:36

Sorry ... We are working on it ...

Gizmo

21 Jul 2010, 02:04

Any release date in mind?
I don't want to sound like I'm complaining (I love Imagevue to much for that) but it feels like we've been looking forward to the new Admin panel for ages now. I keep checking the website almost every week hoping for an update :)

And about new features: have you thought of integrating this kind of display which I believe has become quite popular now? http://www.nickonken.com/www/#/photogra ... lifestyle/
http://www.trouni-photography.net

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

24 Jul 2010, 23:17

Gizmo wrote:Any release date in mind?
I don't want to sound like I'm complaining (I love Imagevue to much for that) but it feels like we've been looking forward to the new Admin panel for ages now. I keep checking the website almost every week hoping for an update :)

And about new features: have you thought of integrating this kind of display which I believe has become quite popular now? http://www.nickonken.com/www/#/photogra ... lifestyle/
Thats a nice frontend - and yes, we have been thinking about integrating more frontend interface alternatives for Imagevue(for example something like that). I guess this is why stuff is taking some time in the making ... Sorry for the delays, but things are moving fast forward now!

norad

01 Aug 2010, 06:33

I'm used to check here almost every week, hoping to see an update. But I guess that won't happen in another couple of months. I don't hesitate paying for web engines/scripts/galleries as long as they are updated (see http://activeden.net/). It's a shame that, in my opinion, the best image gallery is so rarely updated and starting to fall behind other galleries...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

01 Aug 2010, 07:02

norad wrote:I'm used to check here almost every week, hoping to see an update. But I guess that won't happen in another couple of months. I don't hesitate paying for web engines/scripts/galleries as long as they are updated (see http://activeden.net/). It's a shame that, in my opinion, the best image gallery is so rarely updated and starting to fall behind other galleries...
I agree and I understand your perspective. We have no excuse for being very slow lately ... All I can say is that now we have several updates and concepts in the making, and hopefully they can be released sooner than later. Maybe I should find some literature "How to not be a slow developer" also ... It's not like we are lazy or anything, but maybe we have to work better with planning and priorities.

I have no problem in understanding that some people see the progress as very slow at Imagevue. Hopefully we can change this perspective.

markam24
Experienced

01 Aug 2010, 20:53

I'd say that sounds like a a great New Years resolution, but New Years is such a long ways away, and that'd be totally self defeating!

ChrisLong

Re: New Imagevue X2 Admin Panel undertaking ... Comments?

07 Nov 2010, 09:19

Mjau-Mjau,

In the thread relating to the shopping cart integration, on the 3rd September 2010 you said:
New admin is 90% finished, and you will soon see the release of this along with a new website for better support and interaction.
Then, in the same thread on the 13th September 2010 you stated:
Thereafter, we are all into nailing this next major release (where the new admin is already done 80%). I estimate release first half of October.
Are you really telling us that 10 days work resulted in the project being further from completion?

Either way it is now early November and unsuprisingly there has not been a release. More annoyingly however there has been no posting on the subject either.

I invested money in an Imagevue X licence because I felt that the product was very promising, however we have stopped short of using the product in our intended manner because we felt that the backend was lacking, and with the release of a new backend, that waiting for it would be the right thing to do.

I understand fully that development can take much longer than intended and that problems found during coding can provide major setbacks, HOWEVER there is absolutely no excuse in this day and age for poor communication.

At the moment I would say Imagevue X is a great project, marred by the shoddiest of communication.

Please give us some proper tangible updates.

Thank you in advance.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Nov 2010, 10:32

ChrisLong: If you want your money back, then please send me your orderID.

Currently, I am working almost 12 hours a day with Imagevue-related material. Sometimes we even need to leave the forum unattended for a while to keep us on-track. I don't know how else to put it, but it takes as long to release this as it takes. We are working our asses off, and if this is not good enough for you, then I can't do anything more for you. I simply don't know sometimes how long time something takes ... although I have failed in attempts to guesstimate this earlier. How do you want me to communicate this?

Regarding the 80% vs 90% ... I don't know if you have tried to measure completion of a software application. I thought it would be obvious that this means that most of the core is almost complete. Now I could start listing all we have done already, and even make snapshots, but I don't see who is to benefit from this right now. Just because the Imagevue is 99% finished, doesn't mean we necessarily can just toss it out.

What more can I say? I apologize for failing to estimate release date. We are working hard. If you are not happy, send us an email, and we will refund you.

Sascha

10 Nov 2010, 13:38

Hi Mjau-Mjau,

dont be angry, I guess all it needs is some words here and then on what you are working on currently. Following the forums, I see several topics/ideas you may be following, admin interface, the fotomo integration and the new social media aspect.

I personally would like to know "whats next" on the list, or maybe if you work on everything in parallel or if there is like a order in which things are released, like next release will be for a.) then b.) then c.).

Maybe this would ensure people that "the most wanted" feature the invidiidual users are waiting for, is somewhere still in the plan or if certain features may have lower priorities by now (and perhaps, why).

Kind regards,
Sascha