Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

New www.imagevuex.com website - Suggestions?

11 Feb 2009, 07:34

Hey everyone - We are going to spend a little time creating a new website for www.photo.gallery so that we can build upon- and consolidate the release of Imagevue X2. We want to clean up the structure from how the site is today, as it is an inconsistent mix of Imagevue V1 and Imagevue X2 ... We also want to add a better platform for documentation and user interaction.

Also, we would like to hear any suggestions you may have! Anything you feel is missing currently from www.photo.gallery? Anything that could be done differently? Any good ideas? Please speak up!
Last edited by mjau-mjau on 08 Apr 2009, 08:06, edited 1 time in total.

anytime732
Experienced

12 Feb 2009, 04:01

hi,

one thing ive been trying to have ago at for a while is the old flash (for backgrounds and such) since i have no experiance what so ever with flash and im sure there are others who need help with different aspects maybe we could have a a location where tutorials and such are stored, i would suggest at first just for imagevue v1 and x2 but then you could expand to basic flash html and css info. i bet there are a billion users out there who want to do more with the gallery but need a little inspiration.

speaking from a photgraphers perspective maybe the option of some sort of blog / forum which is more aimed and specific subjects otherthan imagevue software.

i understand both of these suggestions are straying slighty away from the current aim of the site but maybe this would boost sales aswell as give people more of a reason to come and look.

what do you think??

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

17 Feb 2009, 21:52

Thanks for the input!

This is certainly what we are thinking also - We want to add more content flow to the website, as we are too dependent on the forum for that currently. We wish to provide better technical articles and tutorials, as well as more updates through some blog section about everything and anything from us just so that users can stay tuned.

anytime732
Experienced

18 Feb 2009, 08:42

how where you thinking of displaying the tutorials and techincal notes? the main thing i hate about some sites is there is way to many posts to find what your actually looking for, quite specific sub cats should work though im not sure how specfic you would want to go?

carter2
Experienced

18 Feb 2009, 11:20

You certainly need a better way to display and categorize all of imagevue X2's features, as mentioned above it is fairly easy to get lost when trying to find specific information about a specific feature, a lot of coming and going between the support pages and the forum is involved. I'm sorry I can't provide a way for you to achieve this but I am sure you will sort it out :P

Oh, how about some scantily clad women randomly scattered through the new site 8)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

19 Feb 2009, 01:23

Well, we are thinking of building an improved centralized documentation/articles section. It will have categories/sections, and a good search feature. We will be building the new site on a well known CMS engine(joomla), instead of using our home-made solution.

We also hope to start providing additional gallery products.

Christopher
Experienced

24 Feb 2009, 02:52

Forums rock, wouldn't change a thing there with the possible exception of re-orging the folders.

The documentation might benefit from a little clarity, or perhaps a new structure beside the tree structure used. Perhaps a more open mindmap style of keyword clouds or the like.

Other than that everything works for me! Good luck on the re-work!

Christopher

wcbert

26 Feb 2009, 14:37

When I recommend Imagevue to photographers, sometimes I am asked if it complicated to use or setup.

It is great for all those new features to please everyone, but for me as a photographer I am looking for something simple to display my photos. I do not need all those features nor am I going to show every photograph I shot. I only post my best ones and use Imageuve to display my portfolio. I do not need music, the photo's EXIF information and other features that are important to some else.

When looking at the examples in the Showcase forum I not interested in those websites that are using almost every Imagevue's features. I like the simple websites that the image is the most important part and not Imagevue's features.

My recommendation beside having examples of the features in Imageuve, think about the audience and have an example for that audience. A photographer who wants a port for his/her photographs. A photographer who wants a gallery. A photographer who want to display every photo they photographed. Someone that want to mix video and photos.

In the end, I think it is great that the Imagevue Team is trying to satisfy their customers requests with new features.

Bill
<a href="http://www.WilliamBert.com">William Bert Photography</a>