Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

masquefotos
Experienced

Re: "Could not mail" on some servers.

05 Oct 2012, 06:53

Hi, I have version 2.8.4. The mail does not arrive at the destination but if aviosos vote. What could happen?
gracias

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Oct 2012, 00:45

I am not sure of course, unless you provide link+login to your admin so we can check. It can be settings on your server for example preventing e-mails sending to a domain on the same server ...

masquefotos
Experienced

08 Oct 2012, 04:42

mjau-mjau wrote:I am not sure of course, unless you provide link+login to your admin so we can check. It can be settings on your server for example preventing e-mails sending to a domain on the same server ...
It all happened after updating, I do not understand why I receive notices of votes and no emails
Anyway I spend my private administrator

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

08 Oct 2012, 23:48

Did it work before? We did not change anything regarding sending e-mails, so it should work as it was.
firedev.com

masquefotos
Experienced

09 Oct 2012, 07:07

I decided to delete the contact form because many tests that I never get the email, but I say sent

I find that happens from firefox, but since google goes well

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Oct 2012, 01:05

masquefotos wrote:I find that happens from firefox, but since google goes well
Just for the record, this is 100% unrelated to the browser. It is your server that sends the e-mail, and this is also why it is very hard for us to diagnose exactly why it may not be sending. The send-email function in Imagevue, is created to work correctly on any server that is set up correctly, but Imagevue cannot control what happens after the send is actually executed. Let me list the normal reasons why the e-mails may not be getting through ...

- Server is simply not configured properly to send e-mail
- Server has problems with the e-mail in either the FROM or TO field, and just kills the execution
- Server does not allow sending to or from e-mail domain that is same domain as the website is hosted at.
- Server IP may be listed in some spam databases, which is not your fault of course
- Receiving e-mail may be filtering out e-mails from your server, because of server IP and/or because the the sender

Just so you understand, its not us being lazy or anything. By default, Imagevue includes a working script, but servers are very sensitive to mailing, some have special rules to prevent spam or sending altogether.

masquefotos
Experienced

10 Oct 2012, 04:26

Thanks for your interest
But what I can not understand is that I arrive photo ads voted and not get the email, a mystery ..... :cry:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Oct 2012, 22:35

Yes, that is strange ... If you send me link and login to your admin, I wouldn't mind taking a look ...

masquefotos
Experienced

11 Oct 2012, 04:19

I'm investigating and I am increasingly lost

conclusion: if I sign the mail with my hotmail account or my Gmail account, not received, however with the courier, if
My server fails?

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

23 Oct 2012, 10:37

I think it is better to change to SMTP email in this case and use one of your emails account to send mail. For added security you can register a new account for sending mail only.
firedev.com