Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

!Upgrading from beta versions to Imagevue X2 20081224

25 Dec 2008, 03:57

With the release of Imagevue X2, we made changes to the location where user theme files are stored. This is a benefit for future implementations, but may require you to move and rename a few files.

If you did NOT make any changes to the THEMES, OR you are NOT upgrading from an earlier beta version, then you may disregard the instructions below.

1. Log in to FTP, and navigate to the folder imagevue/config/
In this folder, you may have up to several USER THEME files. These are the files where your changes to the themes have been stored.

2. locate your user theme files
For example, if you edited the theme "gardener", you will have a file called "gardenerUser.xml". If you edited the "default" theme, you will have a fille "defaultUser.xml".

3. Move files to folder
You need to create folders for each theme file. For example, if you have a file "gardenerUser.xml", you need to create a folder "gardener". After creating the folder, move your file "gardenerUser.xml" into the new new folder. You need to set "write" permissions for this folder also!
PS! If you have a file configUser.xml, then keep this in your config folder!

4. Rename file
Finally, rename the XML file in the folder to "themeConfig.xml"(no matter what it was called before).

Old USER theme files were stored like this:
Code
imagevue/config/themenameUser.xml
With new system, they must be moved and renamed like this:
Code
imagevue/config/themename/themeConfig.xml
More instructions on general upgrading here:
viewtopic.php?t=4160

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this change had to be made! All future changes you do to themes will be handled like this automatically from the admin of course!
Last edited by mjau-mjau on 27 Dec 2008, 23:32, edited 2 times in total.

lowray1975
Experienced

26 Dec 2008, 10:29

Thanks Karl!

It should be mentioned that the file configUser.xml should not be moved.

Also, if you've made changes to the default language file you'll probably want to back that up as well as this will be overwritten on upgrade. The files can be found at imagevue\language\.

film915
Experienced

26 Dec 2008, 11:54

Thanks for the update, Karl... I've already purchased my commercial license!

I just want to make sure I update properly... do we make the folder changes you mentioned above before or after we update? As far as updating, do we simply replace everything but the "content" folder? If it's not that simple, if you could provide a step-by-step on how to properly update and maintain our theme configs that would be awsome.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

27 Dec 2008, 23:30

lowray1975 wrote:It should be mentioned that the file configUser.xml should not be moved.
Thanks for pointing that out!
lowray1975 wrote:Also, if you've made changes to the default language file you'll probably want to back that up as well as this will be overwritten on upgrade. The files can be found at imagevue\language\.
True - We don't provide "user" configurations for language files, so if you edit them, you should take backup before you upgrade. If you have updated a specific language, then please send your file to us so we can upgrade our language archives!
film915 wrote:I just want to make sure I update properly... do we make the folder changes you mentioned above before or after we update? As far as updating, do we simply replace everything but the "content" folder? If it's not that simple, if you could provide a step-by-step on how to properly update and maintain our theme configs that would be awsome.
It doesn't really matter if you follow the procedure above before or after your update. The config folder is empty by default. More instructions on general upgrading here:
viewtopic.php?t=4160

jonasm

25 Feb 2009, 15:51

i want to update from Version Imagevue X2 to Version Imagevue X2 - v.2.0.2. I didn't find any description to do this. Which files can be peplace without loosing my settings?
Thank you!

Pedro
Experienced

yeahh would be cool to know

26 Feb 2009, 05:22

cause I got an older album for private pics too.

Do you implement soon again the wysiwyg editor, because it was very practical
I didn ´t do last update, because wanna use this.

thanks
Pedro Tirolo

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

26 Feb 2009, 11:40

Wysiwig yes, but please have some patience.
firedev.com