Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

slideshow filemod

25 Dec 2008, 03:13

In the latest release of Imagevue X2 20081214, we released a new filemod "slideshow"
- See an example here

slideshow filemod
Let me explain what this is, and perhaps more important, what it is not:

For those of you who are familiar with the slideshow startpage of Imagevue V1, this is a similar module. It was created to give the option of setting a small slideshow on your opening page without all the controls and buttons of the main gallery slideshow. The slideshow will NOT resize pictures to fit neatly in the stage like the main gallery does, so it is recommended using a few relatively small select images at the same size.

You set it up similar as you set up the photoblinds module. Read more:
www.photo.gallery/v2docs/articles/filemod/

Normal filemod parameters are available, but there are a few additional parameters that you can forward through the "parameters" field from admin:

interval
Sets how many seconds to wait between the transitions. Default is 5, but you can change it to any number you like.

path
By default, the slideshow will look for pictures in the same folder as where you are applying the slideshow filemod. However, you may apply a separate folder if you want to load pictures from another location.

For example, your parameters field in admin might look like this (although more than often it will be using the default settings and remain empty):
Code
interval=7&path=content/another_folder/

Buchberg
Experienced

10 Feb 2009, 08:57

Is it possible to add transition effects for the slideshow filemod? Or perhaps even to combine it with the blinds function? That would be very handy. :)
I have an idea for how that may look:
Imagine that you go to the front page. Photo shows up, with the blinds swf running.
Then, after 5 seconds (or however long you ask it to wait), the blinds load the next image, replacing the old image as they cross the screen. After replacing the entire image, a new 5 sec timer starts. Repeat and rinse.
I think that would look pretty cool. :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Feb 2009, 03:28

Of course, I can't disagree that would be cool ... We will have to see about this - We don't want to mess up the filemod too much. Thanks for your feedback!

Buchberg
Experienced

11 Feb 2009, 03:51

No problem. If it's not feasible, perhaps just "normal" transition effects would be possible for the slideshow filemod?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Feb 2009, 04:11

There is already a normal transition effect between images in the slideshow mod, but only if the images crossfading are the same size.

Buchberg
Experienced

11 Feb 2009, 05:51

Are we talking about the same filemod?

I mean the one on my frontpage (http://baka.dk)... All the images there are the same size, but it doesn't seem to crossfade. Is there some sort of parameter I have to set?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Feb 2009, 06:02

That is not "slideshow", it's "photoblinds" ... an effect applied on a single image.

Buchberg
Experienced

11 Feb 2009, 06:41

Oops, I had a slight case of retardedness and set it to photoblinds. Try it now, it should be the slideshow filemod. I don't see it crossfading though. :/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Feb 2009, 07:05

I notice there is 1px difference between some of the images in your slideshow folder ... See the "width" and "height" attributes here:
http://www.baka.dk/?a=files&path=content/start/

I also see that there is a transition between a few of the images that are of the same size ...

Buchberg
Experienced

11 Feb 2009, 08:02

Thank you for clearing that up for me!
I'll fix it right away. :)

marcods

image resize on slideshow filemod

05 Mar 2010, 10:32

hi,
is it possible there really isn't a way to bypass the question of image resizing in slideshow when the folder is in filemod use?

i mean, if the slideshow is capable of resizing pictures when the slideshow is launched from a regular folder how is that it can't for example on the startpage?

i was thinking of putting a flash file in the start folder which could load another folder and make it start as slideshow by way of loading with variables.. but i'm short of ideas as far as which variables those could be... something like you get directly to the point where you get after having opened a folder, clicked on an image and then on slideshow button.

any idea about it?

thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: image resize on slideshow filemod

08 Mar 2010, 04:11

marcods wrote:hi,
is it possible there really isn't a way to bypass the question of image resizing in slideshow when the folder is in filemod use?

i mean, if the slideshow is capable of resizing pictures when the slideshow is launched from a regular folder how is that it can't for example on the startpage?

i was thinking of putting a flash file in the start folder which could load another folder and make it start as slideshow by way of loading with variables.. but i'm short of ideas as far as which variables those could be... something like you get directly to the point where you get after having opened a folder, clicked on an image and then on slideshow button.

any idea about it?

thanks
I think you have kinda caught imagevue in between two features. We already have the native slideshow function, so why is there a separate slideshow module? This is because the native slideshow module is part of the full operation and global settings displaying controls, toggling between thumbnails and because it related to a specific folder. We want to create a very light slideshow for people to use as their startpage. Unfortunately, this does not include the full feature sets of the native slideshow which has complex features for resizing images(and a lot of other things). The slideshow FILEMOD simply does not resize or alter images in any way, it simply makes a transition between the files in the slideshow.

In the future, we are planning to add folder-specific settings. What would this mean? It means you could for example set up a normal folder as your startpage, and set it to slideshow, and perhaps not display the controls. It would look and act like the slideshow in the gallery, and because it was based on folder-specific settings, you could sitll have your other gallery folders open normally.

marcods

08 Mar 2010, 04:16

hi and thanks for your answer,
what do you mean by "in the future"? are you planning a new release somewhere soon? in the meantime there is no actionscript way to load a gallery in an already slideshow way?

thanks
regards

Marco

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

08 Mar 2010, 08:34

Sorry, actionscript way to load a gallery in an already slideshow way? I gotta say I am not sure I can answer that directly.

All I can say, is wht I already said: The native slideshow, does everything you want including resizing images to fit screen. However, the we created the special slideshow module, is because many wanted to have a slideshow without the controls visible, and without having to set all folder to start in slideshow mode... Therefore we create the very basic slideshow module. So at least for now, you cant have the best of both worlds ...