Hi Nick

sure...I'll sent it by mail..
ciao
Vincenzo

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Re: EXIF suggestions please post here

18 Jan 2012, 04:25

Okay, the information is actually extracted correctly but Flash gallery does not display everything there is. This will be addressed in the future release.
firedev.com

JK4U

29 May 2012, 09:30

Hey guys...
...been playing with the EXIFPARSER but cant figure this out: Lens, LensInfo, WhiteBalance and Focus Distance are always displayed - they do not show up in the Exif Parser file and can not be disabled - why not? Please fix this as it is really distracting...

In addition, would it be possible to fix the EXPOSURE format one last time? Exposure is usually displayed as 1/20th of a second or 1/128th of a second - the cleartext 0.050s in front of the (1/20s) is not really helpful...

Thnx guys! Rock on - ur amazing! :]

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

30 May 2012, 03:16

Could you please illustrate the point about Lens info? Can't say I understand the problem here.

Regarding the Exposure, we got to improve the data conversion, I will add it to the list.
firedev.com

JK4U

30 May 2012, 09:12

Have a look at my site: www.jk4u.net
Ull see it right away...

Btw, the conversion works just fine - just take the 0.xxxx s away in front of the (1/x) - I tried deleting it inside the code, but then it gets all funny on me...
Nick wrote:Could you please illustrate the point about Lens info? Can't say I understand the problem here.

Regarding the Exposure, we got to improve the data conversion, I will add it to the list.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

30 May 2012, 09:35

Sorry I am not the professional photographer, I know our EXIF decoding is not very good, but I don't understand what it should look like.

Could you please explain to me what is wrong here: http://www.jk4u.net/#/Diving/IMG_4305.jpg and what would be the correct output?

Cool photos, by the way!
firedev.com

JK4U

30 May 2012, 09:43

Thnx Nick,
glad u like my work :]

Since I got u here, let me first congratulate u guys on this amazing product u have. I would not display my pix any other way!

Now, u guys got the conversions pretty well done. In photography we use the following:
Exposure: 1/20th of a second OR 1/20s
Aperture: f/2.8 or f/16
Focal Length: is displayed perfectly
ISO: is displayed perfectly 200
WB: is displayed perfectly [white balance]
Program: Auto, Av, Tv, Manual [Aperture Priority: Av/Ap / Exposure Priority: Tv/Tp]
Lens: as it shows up on my images BUT compact cameras only give u a range - so its kinda useless to display that. Also, there is two lines of lens info currently displayed: Line one is the make and properties, line two are funny numbers, which dont really make sense. [perfectly illustrated when u view pics in the other folders - like the Incredible India folder, as they are taken with the Pentax]

/// EDIT /// Figured out the "Lens Info" line: its the minimal and maximal focal distance (in mm, ea. 18-250 mm) and the minimum and maximum aperture, ea. 3.5-5.6 ///

Focal distance: 0.34m OR 34cm OR infinity

Now, I disabled ALL EXIF options in the parser, but the above mentioned items were still displayed in the EXIF field. They seem to be hard coded, as they also do not show up as available options in the EXIF parser file... :shock:

Any suggestions?

x

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

30 May 2012, 10:35

Thanks, I wish we had more time and a bigger team though.

Imagevue displays EXIF, IPTC and XMP data, Lens Info comes from the XMP I think, so you will need to comment it out in the XMP parser. Or you can disable all Image Meta in Settings.
firedev.com

JK4U

30 May 2012, 10:48

I will give this a try right away - but editing the EXIF parser did add or delete the functions I wanted to - its just that when all options are disabled in the EXIF parser, there is still stuff showing up in the EXIF field... :shock:

/// EDIT /// : You are right - there is "aux" vars in the ivXMPparser that will then influence the EXIF-area on the picture - perhahaps moving those over to the EXIFparser will help other people - otherwise refernce to that in the EXIFparser for any individual edits and DISABLE them in the standard release ;)

Thnx for the hint! x :D

fcicconi

12 Sep 2012, 18:12

Hallo, I've see in the last version 2.8.3.1
that there is a folder with the map link..
How does it work?
i tryed to upload a new picture, but there is no link or tool..

Thank a lot!

GREAT WORK!!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Sep 2012, 03:19

fcicconi wrote:Hallo, I've see in the last version 2.8.3.1
that there is a folder with the map link..
How does it work?
i tryed to upload a new picture, but there is no link or tool..
Your photos needs GEO location data stored in them if they are to display a map link. They will have this if for example the are A) Taken with a smartphone (like iphone) which will geo-tag the photo, or B) Taken with professional camera with GPS, or B) If location data is added manually to the photo with the help of software like for example iPhoto.

fcicconi

15 Sep 2012, 14:56

thanka lot I'll trye! :D

Pitter

02 Mar 2014, 11:42

Hello I have not figured out yet how to see the lens in the exif
I tried to edit the
iv-includes/include/ivExifParser.class.php
iv-includes/include/ivIptcParser.class.php
iv-includes/include/ivXmpParser.class.php
files
but I did not see the field that covers the lens.

only the file Xmp contains the field but do not know how to activate it.

thx
Pierangelo Bettoni

Pitter

02 Mar 2014, 12:26

Ok solved
I must to flag into a box XMP into a "text1" in settings

:)
Pierangelo Bettoni