Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

marco-urban

IPTC is important!

16 Dec 2008, 09:19

EXIF data is a nice thing, o.k., but please don ´t forget to give your admins an opportunity to work with their IPTC data. All pictures of professional photographers are with IPTC data, because it is the international standard for picture databases.
It would be a very good to have an opportunity to import this data to the "titel" and "text" field. It would be also much easier to put the text to the pictures on my computer with my software, because I can edit and copy the text much easier, than to do this online at iv.
You don ´t need to take all IPTC-Fields, for the beginning "headline" and "discription" (for import to titel & text), would be o.k., in the next step you could take the name of the photographer, copyright data, place and date.
I ´m sure that many professionals would like this feature. And we need your software for our homepages and portfolios!
There was a former version, were it was possible to see some IPTC data in the Image info at the admin, but it ´s no more there. Why?
If I can help you in this - even when my english is not perfect - than let me know.
All the best from Berlin and thanks for a so far very good product.
Marco

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: IPTC is important!

16 Dec 2008, 22:23

marco-urban wrote:EXIF data is a nice thing, o.k., but please don ´t forget to give your admins an opportunity to work with their IPTC data...
Thanks for the tip - We will look into it. Just for your info, the IPTC is a separate PHP module, so it is a separate task altogether. Also need to check that standard PHP servers support extracting IPTC values.

Jesse
Experienced

19 Dec 2008, 21:23

EXIF data is mildly interesting but very distracting.

How can I disable the display?

On that note, would also like to disable the date and time when hovering over an image.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Dec 2008, 00:43

Jesse wrote:EXIF data is mildly interesting but very distracting.

How can I disable the display?
EXIF is by default set in the text2 module. To disable it, go admin -> config -> text.text2.enabled - Set it to false.
Jesse wrote:On that note, would also like to disable the date and time when hovering over an image.
Date and time would be part of the same EXIF data as specified above ... Some photos have a lot of data, while some images only have date and time.

camherd

EXIF value [doc-name]

16 Feb 2009, 05:49

Hi there,

I think that the question below from Wonga wasn't covered in your answers, nor in your last update. (I have the same problem)

On top of that, I would like to ask if it would be possible to manage different Exifs with each Text1, text2 and text3.

This would allow to use i.e. "Ownername" in Text1, "Filename" in Text2 and the a few others informations in Text 3.

Thanks in advance for your answer.
wonga wrote:Hello
Additionally to the ImageDescription (description for the image) I would like to have DocumentName (title for the image) available in the ivExifParser.class.php

something like this:
Code
'ImageTitle',

/**
	 * Format ImageTitle field
	 * @param array $filtered
	 * @param array $exifData
	 */
	function ImageTitle(&$filtered, $exifData)
	{
		if (isset($exifData['DocumentName'])) {
			$imagetitle= trim($exifData['DocumentName']);
			if (!empty($imagetitle)) {
				$filtered['Image Title'] = $imagetitle;
			}
		}
	}
Since I have copied the IPTC value [ip-object] to the EXIF value [doc-name] this would really be icing on the cake of V2

Thanks
wonga

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Feb 2009, 05:51

We will have to look into that ... That would require 1 EXIF configuration file for each text module.

secerator

EXIF Lens Info

18 Mar 2009, 10:02

Is there a way to post the EXIF info about the lens type?

winph
Experienced

11 Aug 2009, 00:40

how do i format the date & time original? i would like to format to 8/4/2009 1:10 PM?

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Re: EXIF Lens Info

11 Aug 2009, 10:17

secerator wrote:Is there a way to post the EXIF info about the lens type?
Check imagevue/include/ivExifParser.php, you will see a list of supported attributes, just uncomment the ones you need.
firedev.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

11 Aug 2009, 10:20

winph wrote:how do i format the date & time original? i would like to format to 8/4/2009 1:10 PM?
Err.. sorry. Right now they being returned as-is, but we'll add some formatting in the next version.
firedev.com

mikeletron
Experienced

REMOVE EXIF

05 Feb 2010, 06:40

I'm a painter and I'm using iv to display paintings ( www.emmekappati.com/iv) and I really DON'T want Exif info on a painting as it has no meaning. The problem is that I really can't find nothing to eliminate EXIF in the Config of the Admin Panel, ok I'm new to iv but I spent several hours trying to solve this problem, please help me!

cybercap

03 Mar 2010, 19:07

hello

is there any way to change the exif line title from english to French, that is instead of saying
Aperture : f/6.3
it would say:
Ouverture : f/6.3 (which is the french for apeture)

shutterspeed would be replaced by "vitesse" and so on

thanks

EDIT: ok found it, in the ivExifParser.class.php file , just edit the line:
$filtered['Exposure'] = sprintf('%s (%01.3f sec)',

and replace 'Exposure' byt 'whateveryouwantdisplayed'

and so on for other lines

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: REMOVE EXIF

04 Mar 2010, 03:04

mikeletron wrote:I'm a painter and I'm using iv to display paintings ( www.emmekappati.com/iv) and I really DON'T want Exif info on a painting as it has no meaning. The problem is that I really can't find nothing to eliminate EXIF in the Config of the Admin Panel, ok I'm new to iv but I spent several hours trying to solve this problem, please help me!
Sorry, must have missed this question, but here is the answer: The EXIF text you see is generally just a TEXT module. You can go to admin -> settings -> text.text2.enabled ... Uncheck this and save! That will disable the TEXT2 module, which by default is set to display EXIF data on rollover.

vboa68
Experienced

Re: EXIF suggestions please post here

16 Jan 2012, 03:44

Hello

Just one desiderata from my side: lens type used.
Both my tools Canon DPP and Lightroom show the type of lens used...Example: Canon 70-200 f.2,8 IS II L
I think could be useful for everybody see with which lens the photo was taken..
thanks
Vincenzo

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Re: EXIF suggestions please post here

17 Jan 2012, 04:37

Hi Vincenzo,

Could you please provide a picture or two for us, we will try to extract the lens. The problem is, those specs are bit vague, so it's hard to do everything nicely.
firedev.com