X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

netmax
Experienced
Topic Author

Updating Imagevue V2 and Config File

20 Aug 2008, 06:52

Hey,

just a short question - i searched for it and i apaologize if i've not seen it: How do i update with a new build of the V2 beta? Can i keep the config XML and the content folder and just overwrite anything else?

Just a thought ... there are perhaps new config items in the XML ... will these be added by the first call of the admin interface, when they are not there because the XML is from an older version ... ?

Thanks,
Marco

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

20 Aug 2008, 16:56

Actually better just keep content folder, and overwrite everything else.
Gallery is still beta-ish and we add stuff on the way, and you might end up lacking latest variables just added for newest functionality if you don't update config.xml for example.
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Aug 2008, 03:09

Keep your content folder, no worries about that.

But for now(beta version) you may need to update all config files as they are released in updates. If you have any specific customizations, all I can suggest is that you keep a list over them so that you can re-apply them after updating.

After we release public stable release, I hope we can improve better procedures for updating while keeping all custom settings.

netmax
Experienced
Topic Author

21 Aug 2008, 10:05

Thank you, Karl. For release, this is a mandantory function. Don't worry ... in beta i will compare the files and add the new params ... :wink:

V2 is great! The build from 14.8. seems to have major speed improvements ...

Kepp on this great work! 8)

Marco