Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

"custom" text description item

14 Aug 2008, 08:20

For release 20080814 we added a new optional "custom" description field. To use it, you need to goto admin->config and add "custom" to the attributes.image setting. This will create a new input field in admin mode when viewing images called "custom", where you can add any data.

To enable the new custom field to your gallery, you need to enable the "custom" item in your text.text.items setting in your theme config.

nz-photo
Experienced

14 Aug 2008, 12:30

What is the main difference with the description text field already there for each images ?
Empty your mind, be formless, be shapeless, like water...
www.nz-photo.com

markam24
Experienced

14 Aug 2008, 20:14

nz-photo wrote:What is the main difference with the description text field already there for each images ?
COOL - Thanks Karl!!!

NZ - the reason for it is you can display information in more than one place.

Example:
Descriptions as "Text 1" rollovers via Info Button
Static HTML Links as "Text 2" statically displayed beneath the images.

Keep in mind displaying text as a rollover triggered by the Info button means the user can't actually click the links. The custom field means a little more flexibility in displaying info.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

15 Aug 2008, 00:00

yup, its like markham24 says ...

Its just another description basically. Another example of usage:

Perhaps you want to add a short description above each image, but you also want a long description to display on image rollover.

Basically its just another description for those who need more than one ...

nz-photo
Experienced

15 Aug 2008, 05:33

Ok thanks guyz for the explanations .
Empty your mind, be formless, be shapeless, like water...
www.nz-photo.com

Radoslaw

Re: "custom" text description item

15 Dec 2009, 07:51

mjau-mjau wrote:For release 20080814 we added a new optional "custom" description field. To use it, you need to goto admin->config and add "custom" to the attributes.image setting. This will create a new input field in admin mode when viewing images called "custom", where you can add any data.

To enable the new custom field to your gallery, you need to enable the "custom" item in your text.text.items setting in your theme config.
Great! :) I would love to use a custom field to add a short copyright info to each of my images. But... I do not get a clue what this instruction means :-/

I didn't find any of these fields in the admin panel. I also didn't find the "attributes.image" in my /admin/config.inc.php, or "text.text.items" in my /include/config.xml...

Would you have an instruction for dummies? :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

22 Dec 2009, 05:25

Radoslaw: You are aware this if for Imagevue X2? If you are using Imagevue X2, you should know that all these settings are changed from the ADMIN. You shouldnt be editing separate files.

Also, for copyright info, why not just add it to your description? I dont see how separate copyright info will give any advantages. Maybe you have some ideas I am not aware of?