Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

V2 beta update guide

17 Jul 2008, 13:43

Since we will be releasing frequent updates to the V2 beta gallery, here are guidelines to painless updating:

General update
Download the updated v2.zip from the downloads section and unpack the files. Open the main folder, and you will see two folders 'content' and 'imagevue' and a few files. Upload all the files and the entire 'imagevue' folder, overwriting existing files. KEEP your content folder, so you do not need to update your photos/files.

I want to keep my admin login! (username+password)
To keep your login credentials, make a backup of the file imagevue/admin/protected/users.php. After following the standard update process from above, copy back the users.php file. Failure to follow this process will reset your login to admin/passwd.

I want to keep my custom theme configuration!
In most cases, you can keep your theme customizations. Simply make a backup of your theme config file(s), for example /imagevue/themes/bluedragon/themeConfig.xml. After following the standard update process above, copy back your themeConfig files.

We recommend updating themes because there will be changes and additions to the configuration files.

Keep track of updates here:
viewtopic.php?t=3241