Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

amanuensis
Experienced
Topic Author

Shopping cart timeline/language choice on entering/email

06 Aug 2008, 14:10

I know you are up to your neck in work - all appreciated by the way - but have you even a vague indication as to when the shopping cart, CC transaction will be implemented, the same with the email function?
How would you give the user an option to enable the language of their choice prior to watching the slideshow?

Many thanks again for all the hard work you are putting in.
All very much appreciated.

Patrick_D1985
Experienced

06 Aug 2008, 15:32

Well those are some big features you are asking about.

Seeing as the send email function was present in v1 releases ... thath won't be to far around the corner ... the shopping cart function is a BIG BIG step, if you catch my drift.

Commerce modules like such need GOOD beta testing before going public.
My only question would be how far along the developing of said module is.
PFSquad : Party Freakz Online
Owner / Webmaster / Administrator / Head of Photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Shopping cart timeline/language choice on entering/email

08 Aug 2008, 01:06

Send email is right round the corner, along with some new contact form option that can be included in textpages.

Shopping cart is a little further down the line, and I think we will aim for a stable release before we get our hands dirty with e-commerce. I can guarantee you it is something that we want to integrate within reasonable time.
amanuensis wrote:How would you give the user an option to enable the language of their choice prior to watching the slideshow?
You mean a language option before they enter the gallery altogether? You could create your own page with links to the gallery in all languages. See my post here:
viewtopic.php?t=3471

Speaking for myself, I think it just creates more unnecessary clicks for the user. It is a gallery, not a website, and most navigation/controls are pretty intuitive and easy to understand. Also most users understand the terms "next/previous" so why not keep it english if you are in doubt? If your audience is strictly a specific country/languages, then set it to that ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Mar 2010, 06:27

Old post here, but here is some important post about "shopping cart" in Imagevue:
viewtopic.php?t=6124