Search…

amanuensis
Experienced
Topic Author

Text page not functioning

05 Aug 2008, 10:47

I have followed your instructions below:
I have V20080804 installed

To create a textpage, you need to login to your admin and create a folder just like you create a normal folder. After you have given it a name and it has been created, you need to click the checkbox "Use as text page". This will turn it into a textpage and you will see a field for "title" and a large field for "description". The title is simply the title/heading for the page, while the description is used for your actual textcontent. The description field supports html, but is limited.

But when the info is saves and I go through to the front end the text page title arrives in the menu, but does not appear, only a pin prick white spot in the center of the screen.
Also I cannot find the '"textpage" node' mentioned in your paragraph below:

There are a few added options in your theme configuration file, under "textpage" node. There are settings for width, margin, padding, backgroundcolor, opacity and shadow. Navigate to your theme in the admin theme editor and change the values from there.

nz-photo
Experienced

05 Aug 2008, 11:23

Hey.
I had the same problem than you.
The folder title was there but no page to load when clicking on it.
Then I checked my Theme editor and didn't see any textpage node, as it seems to be in your case.

The problem just came from the update I made from the mast version (30/07/08 ) of V2.

So you have to point out which part you miss-updated when uploading the last version. Retry Themes to start. That's what I've done (after saving my previously modified theme)
Empty your mind, be formless, be shapeless, like water...
www.nz-photo.com

amanuensis
Experienced
Topic Author

oooppppssss!!!

05 Aug 2008, 11:33

I finally cracked it by updating the 'themeConfig.xml' file it was absent of the textpage code.

jhamrick
Experienced

05 Aug 2008, 11:52

nz-photo wrote:Hey.
I had the same problem than you.
The folder title was there but no page to load when clicking on it.
Then I checked my Theme editor and didn't see any textpage node, as it seems to be in your case.

The problem just came from the update I made from the mast version (30/07/08 ) of V2.

So you have to point out which part you miss-updated when uploading the last version. Retry Themes to start. That's what I've done (after saving my previously modified theme)
Yea, you will either need to overwrite your theme and redo it or use a program like Beyond Compare to go line by line and make sure you've got the new stuff... i tell you what from now on when I beyond compare my stuff ill make a not of all new or modified lines in the file...
- josh