Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

cstevens
Experienced

12 Sep 2007, 03:34

Wheyhey! Welcome back!

Pleased to hear you are still around and even more pleased to hear you are in fact working on a new release. Keep us informed.
CM Photography - www.cm-photos.co.uk

raeon

17 Sep 2007, 20:41

Great news. Hoping to see new version soon. :) Thnx.

joey
Experienced

Re: Article: Future password protected gallery [20. Nov 2006

20 Nov 2007, 15:44

mjau-mjau wrote:
joey wrote: When is the next release? I could really use this feature now.
Thanks!
Im sorry I can not give you any exact release date. All I know, is that it will be out this year, preferably sooner than later.
So, we're almost at the end of the year. I have been patiently checking here for some good news. Do you really plan to release this feature or the next version of imagevue before the year-end?

Thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 Nov 2007, 23:47

joey wrote: So, we're almost at the end of the year. I have been patiently checking here for some good news. Do you really plan to release this feature or the next version of imagevue before the year-end?

Thanks!
We are well on our way with the new version now. Unfortunately, there will be many additional issues to consider before we will be able to release it, even if it is was or less finished. These issues include sufficient beta testing, new documentation, porting our website to support the new version, forums etc.

If we aren't able to release public within the end of the year, I will at least be able to provide a beta demo preview to those who are interested. Is that a fair consolation?

I know I have mentioned that we will release the new version before the end of the year, something I should perhaps be more careful with in the future. In the end of the day, we are from our perspective making a quality product, and I simply can't release it any faster than it is created.

We are not forcing anyone to wait, but we also respect customers urge to see a new product. Let's see what we got later in December!

markam24
Experienced

21 Nov 2007, 13:51

I for 1 would be interested in a Beta -;) Thanks for the update...looking forward to it -;)

joey
Experienced

23 Nov 2007, 10:55

mjau-mjau wrote:Is that a fair consolation?
That's fair enough. I'll look forward to the beta or RC version in December.

Thanks.

nz-photo
Experienced

10 Dec 2007, 08:33

Interested in a beta too, sure you need some more testers :lol:
Ciao !!
Empty your mind, be formless, be shapeless, like water...
www.nz-photo.com

treny

I have a better idea

11 Dec 2007, 01:43

SELL THE PRODUCT TO ANOTHER, LARGER DEVELOPER.
In all my years of buying software I've never seen any product with a slower development cycle. Obviously it's a VERY small team (1? 2?). Sell it. Take the money and run.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: I have a better idea

12 Dec 2007, 00:37

treny wrote:SELL THE PRODUCT TO ANOTHER, LARGER DEVELOPER.
In all my years of buying software I've never seen any product with a slower development cycle. Obviously it's a VERY small team (1? 2?). Sell it. Take the money and run.
Do you have a lot of experience in this specific niche market? We present our product on our web page as it is, and we do not force anyone to buy it. If this software was so 'lagging behind' as you are insinuating it is, then there would be no room for it in the market any longer, and I would respect that.

This is not like any other traditional software where often the soul focus is on the function of the software. I can't just outsource the work to any big- or medium sized Indian development crew(If I could, believe me, I would).

Since you are suggesting to sell, perhaps you can find a buyer for me? Not to underestimate you, but I think that will not be too easy.

You are right that we are not many developers involved with this, and a lot of time goes to providing customer support. However, we are working towards an entirely new gallery combo, which we hope will be the best of it's kind. If it was so easy, then why are we not out competed already?

Please have patience -

roby

12 Dec 2007, 09:01

:)
Hey Karl,
don't take care,
i wish to wait something really New. Good and Stable ,
so i like your work and your software,
Keep your time Karl
Ciao from
Roby :)

cstevens
Experienced

13 Dec 2007, 04:07

I am happy to wait for a well tested system with the major new features already mentioned.

I stll think the current version offers more than other products, its just in need of the update as technology and requirements have moved on.

There are not many of you working on this so the slightly slower lifecycle is to be expected. If you where a big company I wonder how much more the product would cost :cry:

Kepp up the good work, look forward to a beta announcement shortly

evision

14 Dec 2007, 15:02

mjau-mjau wrote:
joey wrote: When is the next release? I could really use this feature now.
Thanks!
Im sorry I can not give you any exact release date. All I know, is that it will be out this year, preferably sooner than later.

17 days and counting.....I hope!!!

cstevens
Experienced

15 Dec 2007, 04:17

One of the other posts does state that there may be a delay, but he's hoping to get a beta out before the end of the year.

The main thing is we know they are working hard on a replacement and that any delays just ensure we get a nice rounded upgrade.

markam24
Experienced

17 Dec 2007, 15:24

I have not seen anything else like imagevue. I Love it & appreciate your hard work! If a beta becomes available I would love to see it...if not, I'm sure the wait will be worth it -;)

dezzo

26 Dec 2007, 19:35

Regarding the password protected content thing. I understand Imagevuex has no password protection. But, can I upload the "upload" folder and files into an htaccess password protected folder on my server? The gallery would then only be accessible to users who have already logged in and accessed the html file that contains my Imagevuex gallery. All my Imagevuex files and image content would be in the password protected folder. The gallery would still function normally for those with access to the password protected folder would it not?