X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Felix J
Experienced
Topic Author

License Questions

13 Feb 2012, 12:30

Hello,

I have started up a new gallery found here - http://photo.felixjacobson.com since I have found many older photos (non digital) in which I have scanned in and is planning to put up on that website. Currently I am using the trial version. My question is however if I will need to buy a new license for that site. Also, if I want to sell prints of photos via fotomoto on either this one or both my sites, what license(s) would be suitable for that?

Thank you.
ArtGallerix - Painting Gallery!
Felix Jacobson Photo - Personal Gallery!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: License Questions

13 Feb 2012, 23:12

As long as your secondary gallery is on the same domain and/or from the same owner, then you don't need another license. Simply use the same details to authorize your new subdomain!

Strictly speaking, you do not need to reconsider your license if you are going to use the Fotomoto e-commerce plugin. This is an option unrelated to license.

Felix J
Experienced
Topic Author

14 Feb 2012, 02:19

mjau-mjau wrote:As long as your secondary gallery is on the same domain and/or from the same owner, then you don't need another license. Simply use the same details to authorize your new subdomain!

Strictly speaking, you do not need to reconsider your license if you are going to use the Fotomoto e-commerce plugin. This is an option unrelated to license.
1. I am the same owner for both artgallerix.com and this new site photo.felixjacobson.com. The imagevuex is not on the same domain. However photo.felixjacobson.com will be a personal photo gallery of mine. If I understood you correctly, since I am the owner of artgallerix.com I can use that license for that domain to the subdmain photo.felixjacobson.com since I own both sites. My last name however was misspelled 'Jacobsen', in which appear after register the Order ID at the 'Authorization' page within admin. My correct lastname is 'Jacobson'. I don't know if I can change that.

2. OK.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Feb 2012, 07:15

1. Yes, you can use the same license. The name doesn't really matter ... this is what was used in the original purchase process.

Felix J
Experienced
Topic Author

15 Feb 2012, 06:33

mjau-mjau wrote:1. Yes, you can use the same license. The name doesn't really matter ... this is what was used in the original purchase process.
OK.

funmsa

22 Nov 2017, 11:42

Dear mjau-mjau,

I have a license registration for X3 Pro License Upgrade but I don't know how to register it correctly (I have a remember question about to register my web site). This site is internal site without any access on WEB.

Best regards

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Nov 2017, 11:49

Even an internal site has a domain access URL, unless you are using an IP or 'localhost', in which case you don't need to authorize it in any way. You need to let me know the 'domain' of the website where you are running X3, so I can authorize it with your license. Even if it is internal.

Domain authorization is normally done when you purchase the license.