X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

fsfs
Experienced
Topic Author

Regarding movie filetype

03 Feb 2013, 14:58

Hi creators and regular people :P

I was wondering if it's possible to add/upload *.mov as filetype soon? :)

Best regards

FS

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Re: Regarding movie filetype

04 Feb 2013, 02:35

You can add 'mov' to Settings > Allowed Extensions and Video files extensions:

firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Feb 2013, 02:54

fsfs wrote:I was wondering if it's possible to add/upload *.mov as filetype soon? :)
As Nick pointed out, you can show *mov files in your gallery. However, they are not supported by the native player, so they will either play from the browser plugin (if installed), or in some cases the visitor will be prompted to download the file instead of viewing it.

Sorry, but currently only MP4 has direct support across all platforms including mobile.

fsfs
Experienced
Topic Author

04 Feb 2013, 13:15

Nick wrote:You can add 'mov' to Settings > Allowed Extensions and Video files extensions:

mjau-mjau - Okey, thanks.... is this something that could be added in the future, or is it impossible to combine?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Feb 2013, 01:10

fsfs wrote:mjau-mjau - Okey, thanks.... is this something that could be added in the future, or is it impossible to combine?
Flash video does not support MOV, although it seems there is little difference. If your videos are encoded in H.264 with AAC sound, they just need to be in an MP4 "container". I came across this post:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2522 ... x-or-flash

I assume things might change in a future release, but don't hold your breath. Use MP4 as container for your movies, basically you would likely use same encoding anyway!

fsfs
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Feb 2013, 12:22

mjau-mjau wrote: Flash video does not support MOV, although it seems there is little difference. If your videos are encoded in H.264 with AAC sound, they just need to be in an MP4 "container". I came across this post:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2522 ... x-or-flash

I assume things might change in a future release, but don't hold your breath. Use MP4 as container for your movies, basically you would likely use same encoding anyway!
Thanks for the reply, and the info :)