Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

InoculateIT
Experienced

Re: PowerPack V2.2 For Imagevue X2.8.1

10 Jul 2012, 11:22

How can I get it to work in the mobile version?
I miss guestbook and news :|
The spelling mistakes has been inserted automatically of consideration to the people who find a great pleasure to search for it...

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

10 Jul 2012, 11:25

I'm sorry but this not be done (I don't know nothing in javascript and jQuery) :cry:
I can do something only in Flash actionscript and a little in PHP... :|

Also, this can't works as "plugin", so will require imagevue files to be edited/replaced as the mobile version use "static" script.
Flash may load plugins - other SWF's (like powerPack), and the imagevue script is almost untouched...

voyezvousca
Experienced

10 Jul 2012, 12:44

Artur wrote:I'm glad that it works :wink:

If there will be any else bug, please post it!

The next target for me is to make brand new "news module" that will be much more flexible and integrated not only with your gallery updates (new photos, comments, etc...) but also with your social services (latest posts from twitter, google+, flickr, and more...).
But all your further suggestions are also welcome!

For newer suggestion i was think to have a possibilities to add a link in menu to the new photo or new comment or new votes, but directly on tab^^

for the second suggestion, its tne number of comments directly in tooltips on the new comment tab and the graph of votes (like on upper right on image) in the tooltip of new votes tab :)

I dont know if its possible of course :/
My website using x3 : https://bit.ly/2EMEmNq
« La photographie est une brève complicité entre la prévoyance et le hasard. »

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

10 Jul 2012, 14:10

voyezvousca wrote:For newer suggestion i was think to have a possibilities to add a link in menu to the new photo or new comment or new votes, but directly on tab^^
This is not a problem, so I'll set this in next minor update (within few days) :wink:
voyezvousca wrote:for the second suggestion, its tne number of comments directly in tooltips on the new comment tab and the graph of votes (like on upper right on image) in the tooltip of new votes tab :)
Agree - would be cool... However this have to wait a little bit longer as the "votes" module nad "news" module uses different platforms (MySQL vs XML). In the future I'll resign of XML's and all powerPack data will be stored in SQL database, because it's more efficient/safer and noticeably faster way to do such things :wink:
More than this, SQL based system give a solid background for implementing features like:
- mostly viewed
- mostly commented / voted
- top and average voted
- simple indexing (for keywords and tags)
- simple admins charts

ikeker

10 Jul 2012, 14:36

mindsuk wrote:i tested it, but it is the same problem! after the first start, there is no powerpack features and no textfield! after refreshing the website the powerpack ist there and the textfield too!
Such a situation occurred again.. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( ..I am very confused, I have not changed any settings, I see that your home is the same problem.
I go to sleep, and hope that tomorrow will be good news.

voyezvousca
Experienced

10 Jul 2012, 14:56

Artur wrote:
voyezvousca wrote:For newer suggestion i was think to have a possibilities to add a link in menu to the new photo or new comment or new votes, but directly on tab^^
This is not a problem, so I'll set this in next minor update (within few days) :wink:
voyezvousca wrote:for the second suggestion, its tne number of comments directly in tooltips on the new comment tab and the graph of votes (like on upper right on image) in the tooltip of new votes tab :)
Agree - would be cool... However this have to wait a little bit longer as the "votes" module nad "news" module uses different platforms (MySQL vs XML). In the future I'll resign of XML's and all powerPack data will be stored in SQL database, because it's more efficient/safer and noticeably faster way to do such things :wink:
More than this, SQL based system give a solid background for implementing features like:
- mostly viewed
- mostly commented / voted
- top and average voted
- simple indexing (for keywords and tags)
- simple admins charts
Yes its true, have only one system and no use XML AND mysql, i think it will be better for your developpement, and i think that mysql is a good choice :)

Take your time, and if you want some test or opinion, im here :)

voyezvousca
Experienced

10 Jul 2012, 15:00

ikeker wrote:
mindsuk wrote:i tested it, but it is the same problem! after the first start, there is no powerpack features and no textfield! after refreshing the website the powerpack ist there and the textfield too!
Such a situation occurred again.. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( ..I am very confused, I have not changed any settings, I see that your home is the same problem.
I go to sleep, and hope that tomorrow will be good news.
hum, i dont have the problem, i had just test now on different sytem (IE and chrome)
Your system is update? (the last imagevuex 2.8.1 - 08 july and the last powerpack 2.2.2) with new installation of powerpack?

fsfs
Experienced

13 Jul 2012, 06:18

Hey!

Don't know if someone had suggested this for you (couldn't find anything on the "search field")

- People can "subscribe" on your gallery, so when you add a new album it will send me, if I subscribe, an email that tells me that you've added a new album.

This way people don't have/need to visit your gallery once a day/week/month to see "updates".

Would be a cool feature :)

//FS

fsfs
Experienced

13 Jul 2012, 12:08

Hi!

I did a whole new fresh install of imagevuex2.8.1 and PowerPack V2.2.2

The whole directory is set for chmod 777

I get this when I go to my page /extras/powerPack
google-chrome1.JPG
google-chrome1.JPG (9.43 KiB) Viewed 7516 times
Google chrome with cached cleared and restarted
google-chrome2.JPG
google-chrome2.JPG (21 KiB) Viewed 7516 times
Can't find the "upload" button
google-chrome3.JPG
google-chrome3.JPG (12.57 KiB) Viewed 7516 times

fsfs
Experienced

13 Jul 2012, 12:09

Strangely more files on Internet Explorer
IE.JPG
IE.JPG (30.52 KiB) Viewed 7516 times

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

13 Jul 2012, 12:53

Hello.

It's most likely mishmash in your files structure (the powerPack is not able to locale your gallery files)...
fsfs, could you provide link please? So I can look what is wrong.
fsfs wrote:Can't find the "upload" button
What do you want to upload there?
fsfs wrote:Don't know if someone had suggested this for you (...)
Yes, newsletter I guess...
This was suggested few times, but I don't feel myself to do something good there - this need to be some nice html email form, working with all browsers and all mail services.

fsfs
Experienced

13 Jul 2012, 13:45

Artur wrote:Hello.

It's most likely mishmash in your files structure (the powerPack is not able to locale your gallery files)...
fsfs, could you provide link please? So I can look what is wrong.
fsfs wrote:Can't find the "upload" button
What do you want to upload there?
fsfs wrote:Don't know if someone had suggested this for you (...)
Yes, newsletter I guess...
This was suggested few times, but I don't feel myself to do something good there - this need to be some nice html email form, working with all browsers and all mail services.

Sorry I meant "Update files" button.. the information said to press to update.

How can this be wrong when it's a completely fresh gallery with fresh PP?

http://tinyurl.com/vafan2012 - admin/admin

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

13 Jul 2012, 16:46

I've checked & I can't diagnose the problem...
Your server occasionally gives a 403 Forbidden error. The funniest thing is that this error appears every time in other place :)
So, for now I can't help you, but I'll try to find out why it's happening...
This can be because you have installed an security software on your server - mod_security2 (diag -> Apache modules check)

fsfs
Experienced

13 Jul 2012, 17:43

Artur wrote:I've checked & I can't diagnose the problem...
Your server occasionally gives a 403 Forbidden error. The funniest thing is that this error appears every time in other place :)
So, for now I can't help you, but I'll try to find out why it's happening...
This can be because you have installed an security software on your server - mod_security2 (diag -> Apache modules check)
hmm okey, ghost buggy maybe :?

I've disabled the mod_security(2) - still same problem - don't know what could cause the 403 Forbidden error - hope you find it 8)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Jul 2012, 09:08

I can confirm the 403 forbidden error, which is preventing Imagevue from loading all files. Never seen it before, but is certainly something strange going on with the server. Try to reset permissions on the imagevue.php file? or re-upload it? I would perhaps check with my server host also, unless you can find anything strange in permissions.