Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: View on the Map

22 May 2012, 05:44

We have now finalized "View on Map" function, this will be available in next 2.8 beta within Wednesday. See the public demo here:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/#/Vari ... mples/map/

Or view an image directly:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/#/Vari ... /wheel.jpg

Screenshots

If the image has geo data, a new maplink will display in description:

Additionally, a new maplink button will be available in imagebuttons:

Clicking the maplink, will open a floating window with an interactive Google map:

domnick0
Experienced

22 May 2012, 07:51

Nice :) This will be very useful to me

domnick0
Experienced

22 May 2012, 10:57

Hi, I have enabled the view map and have noticed an issues on my end and demo. On both my site and the demo the view map doesn't work in Firefox 12 and Internet Explorer 9, just shows a blank box. However in chrome it loads up.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 May 2012, 04:35

domnick0 wrote:Hi, I have enabled the view map and have noticed an issues on my end and demo. On both my site and the demo the view map doesn't work in Firefox 12 and Internet Explorer 9, just shows a blank box. However in chrome it loads up.
After some research, it seems you were right - The Google map was not displaying correctly in some browsers. We have now fixed this issue in the demo gallery, and updated the beta release.

Thanks for the notification, and sorry for any inconvenience!

lowray1975
Experienced

23 May 2012, 09:29

Wow - this is an amazing feature - my boss (yeah, wife) will be very excited. I do have two questions:

First: Why did you decide to change the appearance of the close button? It took me a few seconds to find the new because it was different the normal image close button.

Second: Would it be possible to allow a popup box on the map itself with text? I wouldn't mind helping figure out how to do if needed.
Attachments
5-23-2012 9-28-58 AM.jpg
5-23-2012 9-28-58 AM.jpg (87.23 KiB) Viewed 7718 times

wonga
Experienced

23 May 2012, 12:34

lowray1975
First: Why did you decide to change the appearance of the close button? It took me a few seconds to find the new because it was different the normal image close button.
I don't really care much about the visual but its position. Looking at the current beta the close button is positioned sub-optimal as it almost covers the google map options in the view. See image below.
close_icon_on-map.png
close_icon_on-map.png (44.08 KiB) Viewed 7723 times
lowray1975
Second: Would it be possible to allow a pop-up box on the map itself with text? I wouldn't mind helping figure out how to do if needed.
This would be cool. But if this was to be implemented then Imagevuex would at some time need to add ways of defining which additional info from a file should be use in which context.
Example: I would like to use IPTC x and z as Image>Text 1 and EXIF z to display in Image>Text 2 and of coures display other IPTC data for use on the pin on Google map.
Hence; the request would be slightly more holistic and complex as users might want to display different EXIF or IPTC information depending on the context. Currently I only know of one way to alter what is displayed - namely to comment in/out and move positions within the respective PHP files. Though this is then reflected throughout the gallery incl. the admin-view.
Besides this I have still not found out how to define the order to display IPTC (in contary to IPTC moving reference in the PHP code does not get reflected in the live view). Also I have not found out how to display IPTC prior to EXIF and visa-versa. What I have not had time to check yet is weather IPTC values and labels can be defined in the CSS as EXIF. I suppose this will be part of the documentation. BTW: It's seems that hiding labels using display:none does not work as expected when adding custom CSS for EXIF.

Okay there are a lot of different aspects in this post which might need to be discussed in a different tread. But I thought I'll just mention this here. Sorry

lowray1975
Experienced

23 May 2012, 13:55

wonga wrote: Example: I would like to use IPTC x and z as Image>Text 1 and EXIF z to display in Image>Text 2 and of coures display other IPTC data for use on the pin on Google map.
We would need variables! :D

domnick0
Experienced

23 May 2012, 22:03

mjau-mjau wrote:
domnick0 wrote:Hi, I have enabled the view map and have noticed an issues on my end and demo. On both my site and the demo the view map doesn't work in Firefox 12 and Internet Explorer 9, just shows a blank box. However in chrome it loads up.
After some research, it seems you were right - The Google map was not displaying correctly in some browsers. We have now fixed this issue in the demo gallery, and updated the beta release.

Thanks for the notification, and sorry for any inconvenience!
That's great, I spent whole day yesterday trying to fix this. Can i have the info or file which you updated so i can have mines work as well? Just the part for enabling in all browsers i would like. I already have the map working on the previous 2.8 in title 1

tschortsch
Experienced

24 May 2012, 13:40

Hey!

This feature is amazing! "View on map" does work well in textpages with links on pictures or text, e.g.:
Code
<a href="javascript:launchColorBox('/cities/rome/rome.jpg')">Rom</a></p>
Does anybody know how to use this feature to display a google maps link in the ColorBox? I would like to display the travel route of my last trip to China..

alexhenes
Experienced
Topic Author

24 May 2012, 23:58

I can't seem to get this feature to work. The following image has a view on map link that works in the admin... however no link shows up in the flash version. I have maplink selected for text2. I also have maplink selected as an image button. My share image button is there but the maplink one is not.

http://merelyafleshwound.com/#/whats%20 ... nd-012.JPG

any ideas?
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Jun 2012, 13:23

tschortsch wrote:Does anybody know how to use this feature to display a google maps link in the ColorBox? I would like to display the travel route of my last trip to China..
Currently, colorbox is only set up to display map location from geo data. However, it can easily be set up to display custom urls, including maps from Google. We will need to look into this after final release of 2.8 next week. Also, do you have the actual link to your google maps travel route? Basically if you have this, you could just add it similar as you demonstrated above (with some modifications).

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Jun 2012, 13:27

alexhenes wrote:I can't seem to get this feature to work. The following image has a view on map link that works in the admin... however no link shows up in the flash version. I have maplink selected for text2. I also have maplink selected as an image button. My share image button is there but the maplink one is not.

http://merelyafleshwound.com/#/whats%20 ... nd-012.JPG

any ideas?
Are you 100% sure you are using the latest SWF file? I can confirm that the image has geo data embedded, and your config should show it also ... I am wondering if it might be because there is no other EXIF data, in which case it is a bug.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Jun 2012, 13:32

wonga wrote:
lowray1975
I don't really care much about the visual but its position. Looking at the current beta the close button is positioned sub-optimal as it almost covers the google map options in the view. See image below.
close_icon_on-map.png
Well, this is in fact default "colorbox", which we find to be a stylish and functional lightbox clone. Its a bit unfortunate that the close button slightly overlaps the "satellite" button, although I doubt it will create any problems. Coding our own lightbox seems a bit poor priority. You could edit the CSS in the colorbox for placement of the (x), by simply amending one line of colorbox CSS:

alexhenes
Experienced
Topic Author

01 Jun 2012, 13:37

I am fairly certain I have the latest flash... should have 2.8 beta 6
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

tschortsch
Experienced

01 Jun 2012, 17:32

mjau-mjau wrote:
tschortsch wrote:Does anybody know how to use this feature to display a google maps link in the ColorBox? I would like to display the travel route of my last trip to China..
Currently, colorbox is only set up to display map location from geo data. However, it can easily be set up to display custom urls, including maps from Google. We will need to look into this after final release of 2.8 next week. Also, do you have the actual link to your google maps travel route? Basically if you have this, you could just add it similar as you demonstrated above (with some modifications).
Here is the link of my travel route:
http://maps.google.at/maps?saddr=shangh ... ls&t=m&z=6

I'm quite curious how to set up the link to use colorbox for this purpose!

Thanks in advance!