X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

julien
Experienced
Topic Author

Textpage height

28 May 2011, 10:41

Hi !

I've made research on the forum and I looked at the documentation, but I didn't found the answer.
I've seen we can change the width of the textpages but, how do we change the height of the textpages please ?

Thanks,
Julien

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Textpage height

28 May 2011, 12:11

What do you mean change the height? The textpage is just as high as the text and content that you put into it. If there is more vertical content than the screen can handle, it will create a scrollbar. If there is very little, then your textpage will be very small also (just high enough to contain the content).

Perhaps you mean margin instead?
Theme -> textpage.margin

julien
Experienced
Topic Author

28 May 2011, 13:37

Hi Karl,

No, I mean a fixed height.

For example, I want a 500px height textpage, with or without enought text to fill it. If there is more text than the height, then the scrollbar would appear. Do you understand ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 May 2011, 22:56

The textpage is in fact the text/content that displays in the window, and the background simply wraps around it. There is no way to limit the textpage height ... What would happen if you view from a small screen 11-13" if the page is 500px height? It would break the screen height in many cases ...

Unfortunately, you can only work with the margin setting. I could integrate a height setting, but I don't strictly see the need for it as the textpage already adapt to perfectly pit the content, and setting a specific height will break the textpage itself on smaller screen.

julien
Experienced
Topic Author

29 May 2011, 07:46

mjau-mjau wrote:What would happen if you view from a small screen 11-13" if the page is 500px height? It would break the screen height in many cases ...
So, why can we set the width ? It would alse break the sreen width in many cases ;)
mjau-mjau wrote:I could integrate a height setting, but I don't strictly see the need for it as the textpage already adapt to perfectly pit the content, and setting a specific height will break the textpage itself on smaller screen.
I would appreciate that :) I'd really like to have this option. I have a white square in my black background, and I want the textpage fill the square without overflow.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 May 2011, 01:22

julien wrote:So, why can we set the width ? It would alse break the sreen width in many cases ;)
We could lock the width, but the point here is that the width is actually a SET number, while the height simply scales to contain the content ... This is similar to how a html page works, as you can change the width, but the height will flow depending on content.
julien wrote:I would appreciate that :) I'd really like to have this option. I have a white square in my black background, and I want the textpage fill the square without overflow.
Not quite sure what you mean here ... If I place a white square inside a textpage, the black background will resize to fit the white square, without overflow. What is the difference? I'm not strictly against making a setting for this, I'm just against increasing already-bloated settings unless there is some real functional value.