Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author

version x2.5 contactform problem!

10 Jan 2011, 13:00

I have seen this reported before, but this issue hasn't been resolved.
When I include text and put a link to it, the text jumps to the right if there is a contactform below. Why hasn't this issue been fixed? I'm using imagevue x2.5.2 will this issue maybe be fixed in the next release?
Has there come a release date for X2.6?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: version x2.5 contactform problem!

11 Jan 2011, 13:31

The problem with this, is that we simply don't have any control over flash textfields, and to put it bluntly, it's not our fault. I have checked this, and I have no idea why a link wants to jump inwards on rollover. I have had success in modifying html-text a bit so that the bug goes away, but we don't have any other control over it unfortunately. What you add to the textpage, is simply mirrored in the flash textfield ...

Flash textfields are a bit inferior unfortunately ...

Imagevue X2.6 may be available next week, and I expect 2.7 to be on the radar also ...

grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author

11 Jan 2011, 16:47

mjau-mjau wrote:The problem with this, is that we simply don't have any control over flash textfields, and to put it bluntly, it's not our fault. I have checked this, and I have no idea why a link wants to jump inwards on rollover. I have had success in modifying html-text a bit so that the bug goes away, but we don't have any other control over it unfortunately. What you add to the textpage, is simply mirrored in the flash textfield ...

Flash textfields are a bit inferior unfortunately ...

Imagevue X2.6 may be available next week, and I expect 2.7 to be on the radar also ...
So will there not be a fix for this issue, or something changed so this is possible? There must be a way to make this function.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Jan 2011, 01:20

I will take a look at it again ... and like I said, you can normally fix this by moderating the text somewhat (although I don't have an exact recipe). I would be happy to try to fix it for you explicitly if you have a link.

What I am trying to say, is that unlike everything else in the flash gallery, we don't really have any control of how flash textfields display html text. This is some kind of BUG in the flash player, because the content is virtually shifting position when hovering over a text link, which makes no sense.