Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

sprocket
Experienced
Topic Author

swfaddress issue

04 Nov 2010, 12:59

I have a bizarre swfaddress issue I have been trying to figure out for a long time with no luck. I'm now at the end of my options, I'm going to try and explain my situation here, but it's kind of complex. I hope someone can help me.

I have a website that I wish to use the swfaddress option on with imgageview. When place a check mark on the swfaddress option, the address bar shows the directories and links in the address bar, just how it is suppose to work. Problem is, while the address bar shows all the current page links, when you hit the back button, it changes the link location in the address bar, but the pages that is currently displayed doesn't go backwards, it stays put. You can keep clicking back, and you see all the addresses that got you to your current location, but the page never goes backwards. Then when you try and change to a different page by clicking a forward link again, it continues to only display the page that was last shown. Now I have to admit that I don't use imagevue in the standard format. I have disabled the menu in imagevue and I use textpages and thumbnail links for all my site navigation.

What makes this even more bizarre is that it CAN work. If I redirect one of my other domain names and forward the url to the problematic website, turn on swfaddress in imagevue, it works perfectly. It's actually my ideal situation. The address in the bar location stays on my index address and all the forward and backward capabilities of swfaddress work without a flaw. I have no idea why this setup works.

Right now, I've had to disable swfadress on the website, which brings me to another question.
The post HERE claims that when you have swfaddress turn off, that internal links within imagevue do not work, yet my site uses internal links for all the imagevue site navigation in textpages and thumbnail links and they work perfectly whether swfaddress is enabled or disabled. This just confuses me even more.

So you understand my situation a little better, here is the link to my site. I'd suggest following the "Ride Diary" menu item as an example to see what I've done with navigation stuff. (remember swfaddress is disabled right now)

I'm wide open for ideas here and thanks for any input suggested.
Joe

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: swfaddress issue

06 Nov 2010, 23:58

After checking your gallery, I can almost guarantee you that the SWFAddress issue is related to your IFRAME. Imagevue is not really running in the main browser window, but in a frame inside. MAYBE, if you try to also embed the SWFAddress javascript into your parent page, but even then I can not guarantee results ...

Regarding the "internal linking" .... This was fixed in a later release after that post was made. Internal linking no longer relies on SWFAddress, although it does convert links from the same formatting.

Hope this clears a few things ...