Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

sprocket
Experienced
Topic Author

iframe question

30 Aug 2010, 19:58

I have a question about the way iframes vs. frames handle an imagevue gallery. If I create a frame and embed the imagevue gallery inside the frame, and then resize my browser, the photos and thumbs resize with the box as I adjust my browsers size (photos become smaller and thumb indexes show less thumbs). If I create an iframe and embed the gallery, the photos and thumbnails do not resize when resizing the browser (photos fixed size and always same number of thumbs). Is there any way to make an iframe behave like a frame in this situation ? I want to use iframes on my page, but I want them to resize the photos and thumbnails on the fly as the browser size is adjusted like frames do. I hope you can understand what I'm talking about here. I am very new to web design, and I'm converting an already existing site to look and perform to the way I want it to. Thanks for any help offered. Joe

Example of frame code:
<frameset frameborder="0" border="0" cols="*" rows="75,*">
<frame marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" src="heading.html" name="frhead" scrolling="no">
<frameset frameborder="0" border="0" cols="200,*">
<frameset frameborder="0" border="0" rows="600,600">
<frame src="tree.html" name="frtree" scrolling="yes">
<frame src="shout.php" name="frshout" scrolling="no">
</frameset>
<frame onLoad="onframeload(this)" src="imagevue.html" name="frarticle">
</frameset>
<noframes>
<p>Your browser does not support frames, please click <a href="tree.html">here</a> to view the table of contents.</p>
</noframes>
</frameset>

Example of iframe code:
<div align="center">
<div style="position:relative; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 1216px; height: 100px">
<iframe src="./banner/heading.html" name="frhead" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="1200" height="100">
<p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
</iframe>
</div>
<div style="position:relative; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 1216px; height: 1000px">
<iframe src="./Menu/Menu.html" name="frtree" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" height="1000" width="200" style="position:relative; top:0px; left:2px">
</iframe>
<iframe onLoad="onframeload(this)" src="imagevue.html" name="frarticle" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" width="1000" height="1000" style="position:relative; top:0px; left:-2px">
</iframe>
</div>
</div>

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

31 Aug 2010, 02:18

What I can immediately say, is that there is no technical difference between embedding Imagevue into an iframe and into a traditional frameset. In your case, the difference is that your frame(in frameset) containing Imagevue is scaling when the browser scales ... Therefore the STAGE size for Imagevue scales also, and Imagevue will be able to scale images upwards and the area for thumbnails will increase also...

In your example for iframe, you have set static height/width in pixels, so the iframe itself will not scale no matter how the browser is scaled or how large the screen is. You would have to change your settings to include some percentage% so that the iframe can scale inside a specific area.

Sorry I can't be more concise in regards to your examples ...

sprocket
Experienced
Topic Author

Iframes

08 Sep 2010, 22:36

Thanks, you definitely pointed me in the correct direction. Made me realize where the root of my problems were. I haven't completely solved everything yet, but I'm now head in the right direction - Thanks