X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

pat_morita
Experienced
Topic Author

Intervention in FLA File / Deactivate Sound

25 Aug 2010, 07:30

Hey guys!

I got a little problem and I hope yo can help me solve it.

This is the situation:

I included imagevue into my flash site (loade into a MC). Everything works fine.
The problem i got is - that i play sound on my Flashsite. And whenever a video (with sound) is loaded i dont have the possibility to automatically disable the sound on my website. (Through imagevue is only a part of my website, i cannot use the audioplayer of imagevue for playing my flashsite-sound)

You included a possibility into imagevue whenever a video is triggered to disable the audioplayer. Could you tell me where i need to look for in the source-fla to add my code/or to read out values for shutting down my website sound?

(any compile settings to take care about?) im using newest version of imagevue.

Greetings

Pat

EDIT: I knew of the disadvantages of changing the source. But i got a experience in FLASH, so it shouldnt be a problem for me to repeat these steps in further versions for my kinds of need. BTW. GREAT JOB

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Aug 2010, 06:51

In the Imagevue FLA source file, in the layer "video", on frame 15:
Code
if(videoconfig.stopAudioPlayer._value and audioplayer.playing){
	audioplayer.playerstop();
	audioplayer.wasplaying = true;
}
You could add some reference to stop your audio here perhaps? Either run a function, or target a var in your flash ... Then if you need to be able to automatically start it again after video unloads. Go to frame 51:
Code
if(videoconfig.stopAudioPlayer._value and !audioplayer.playing and audioplayer.wasplaying){
	audioplayer.wasplaying = false;
	audioplayer.playerstart();
}
Tricky business though ...

pat_morita
Experienced
Topic Author

26 Aug 2010, 07:23

thank you! ill just add something like this :
Code
if(videoconfig.stopAudioPlayer._value and mysoundplaying){ 
   mysoundplaying=false; 
   mysoundwasplaying=true;
}

//and for restarting it

if(videoconfig.stopAudioPlayer._value and !mysoundplaying and mysoundwasplaying){  
   mysoundplaying=true; 
   mysoundwasplaying=false;
}
any compile settings to take care about? Maybe you could add some code like this in next release - guess im not the only one having embedded imagevue into a flash site with sound?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Aug 2010, 15:08

pat_morita wrote:thank you! ill just add something like this :
Thats my code. Where are you gonna add it? You need to set your relative scope correctly of course to trigger functions in YOUR flash ...
pat_morita wrote:any compile settings to take care about? Maybe you could add some code like this in next release - guess im not the only one having embedded imagevue into a flash site with sound?
We simply don't have the resources to support moderating the FLA source files ...

pat_morita
Experienced
Topic Author

27 Aug 2010, 04:07

ill add it into my code. And i need to path it through to your code correctly. code was just an example... this way i dont need to change your code - but anyways i would need the source fla to figure the right path to these vars out.

I wrote you a Pm with my order-id. Could you send me the fla please?
I'd appreciate that.

Ok i wont ask anymore about changing fla - understand that you got quite a lot to do!

Pat