Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

cito
Topic Author

folderdata.xml 'folder filecount' not updating

28 Feb 2009, 05:00

Hello, am having a problem I cannot resolve....

Prerequisites

Windows Server 2003 fully patched
IIS 6

Imagevue Version: x2 20090209
Default Installation, no configuration changes made
PHP v5.26 CGI Extension (tried)
PHP v4.47 CGI Extension (tried)

Files uploaded via ftp
Files directly placed into directory via remote admin

'galleryname'/imageveux/config --> Full Permissions
'galleryname'/content --> Full Permissions

Problem..
If I add an image file to a directory that is part of the original install, i.e picture1, then the filecount in the folderdata.xml file is updated accordingly, just as we expect...

Now.........

If I create a new directory, using the admin control panel, upload an image, the filecount in the directories folderdata.xml file is NOT updated

I hear some of you say, 'permission problems'

however, if I add a description and title for the image that was uploaded this information IS updated in the folderdata.xml file ?#?!#?

As per subject title, only the filecount attribute is not being updated in newly created directories

Which as some of you are aware = no pictures being shown!

Really hope to hear from somebody regards this.......

-- EDIT --
Another twist.......

If I manually change the filecount attribute to equel '1', then upload a new image to the directory, then the filecount attribute is updated to '2', just what we expect to happen.

So looks like the code which is responsible for updating filecount on newly created directory with an uploaded images is not updating the fileaccount attribute when fileaccount is set to '0'.

But when fileaccount attribute is set to anthing other than '0' is working as should. This would explain why the default directories with images work as there folderdata.xml filecount attribute is NOT set to '0'.

Hope someone can check this out as we cannot go ahead with the work we had planned.....

Yup its Saturday and as we are pushed for time was going to get this setup over the weekend as we need to get this live asap

anytime732
Experienced

01 Mar 2009, 13:04

def sounds like an iis issue, are you accessing using the localhost address on the server or via the web address on the server or another pc?

GeoPal
Experienced

01 Mar 2009, 13:57

I also uploaded some photos to a newly created directory via the admin panel. And also after creating all the thumbs the dir said 0 images and nothing could be viewed in the front end! I had to manually hit recreate thumbs in current dir and hit manually clear cash to make the filecount change and images to appear in the front end... Weird...all thumbs automatically created and in admin panel file count was 0. I was using latest version!

anytime732
Experienced

01 Mar 2009, 14:13

you still havnt answered the question about how you are accesing the gallery, front end or admin .

im not sure of your experiance with iss/server 2003 but there are many seurity features built in and enabled by default so its important your specific so people can help solved your probs,

:wink:

GeoPal
Experienced

01 Mar 2009, 14:17

@anytime732
Thanks dude, but I am not the OP! I am just another user who has paid hosting and addressing gallery via admin panel..

anytime732
Experienced

01 Mar 2009, 14:21

ok so when your browseing to the admin panel what address are your typing in, and are you doing this on sepearte machine the the machine where the gallery and iis is hosted?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Mar 2009, 05:29

To cito:

Are you clicking "Clear Cache" in the admin main menu once in a while? Amongst other things, it has the function to recount images in folders and write them to folderdata.xml files.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

02 Mar 2009, 05:58

Also there are no permissions on windows in the way we speak about. So clicking clear cache should fix your problem.
firedev.com

anytime732
Experienced

02 Mar 2009, 06:26

oh the joys of linux!!

i thought the cache was now cleared automaticly

GeoPal
Experienced

02 Mar 2009, 10:02

anytime732 wrote:...

i thought the cache was now cleared automaticly
I thought that too!

cito
Topic Author

02 Mar 2009, 10:11

mjau-mjau wrote:To cito:

Are you clicking "Clear Cache" in the admin main menu once in a while? Amongst other things, it has the function to recount images in folders and write them to folderdata.xml files.
Nice to see the responses of some of the peeps who posted in this thread.

Would be good to hear from peeps on Linux servers to see if they see the same issue occuring.

Thanks Karl, pressing 'clear cache' resolved the issue.

That we have to press 'clear cache' to update the folderdata.xml filecount attribute is this documented anywhere?

If so, I failed in finding it.

Does the filecount attribute show different characteristics on Linux servers vs Windows servers in respect to updating the filecount attribute when it is set at '0'?

It would be preferable that the filecount attribute was updated automatically when it is set at '0' as it is automatically updated when it is set at any other value other than '0'

This is a small issue for ourselves as we will have to explain to our clients that each time they create a new folder and add images to it that they
must press 'clear cache' for it to show their images.

This could be resolved by adding some logic in the code for automatically updating the filecount attribute when it is set at '0' as it is done with other values other than '0'

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

02 Mar 2009, 12:39

You're right and we're reworking that for next major release.
firedev.com