Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Charlie
Topic Author

URL to access slideshows from HTML

19 Jan 2009, 10:16

I have replaced the Flash Gallery (flash version) menu with my own PHP menu, which loops inside each "content folder" and build the menu.
How can I construct the URL to open the slideshow (already configured with Imagevue Admin panel) for each folder ?

PS:I want that every click on my menu items open the slideshow.

Regards
Charlie

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Jan 2009, 21:43

Although I am not certain how you are doing this ... with iframe or embedded menu. Generally you would use the SWFAddress URL pronunciation and #. Examples:
Code
#/content/folder/
#/content/folder/subfolder/
#/content/folder/image.jpg/

Charlie
Topic Author

More details

20 Jan 2009, 04:16

Well, this does NOT work as expected.
I've disabled the thumbnail feature from Admin panel, and I've defined that every section start with images slideshow.
Using the URLs that you gave me, the result in using "#/content/folder/" is that the thumbnail appears and NOT the slideshow.

Do you have others suggestions ?

fishnick

23 Jan 2009, 15:40

Seems to be similar problem here
using iframe
link to target iframe where imagevue is located triggers imagevue to show startpath rather than content folder desired
--->
?startpath= in url solved this

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Jan 2009, 06:24

Charlie, I'm not quite sure if fishnick's suggestion helped you. Generally speaking, the SWFAddress method explained to you earlier simply works like that:

/#/content/folder/ -> goes to thumbnails page(as no image is specified)
/#/content/folder/image.jpg/ -> goes to an image.

Use the last option if you want to start at an image, or use the url parameter ?startpath=... instead.

marco-urban

Link to frame shows only startpath

31 Jan 2009, 08:27

Hello! I´ve got a problem very close to this. I´m trying to make a link from the HTML-pages of my homepage to pages of my iv-gallery. This works as you discribed before. But if I want to open a thumbnail-gallery (or an image) in a frame of a frameset, there is allway shown, what was defined in config/startpath. If the link goes to a new browser-window or a window without a frameset, it shows the thumbnail-gallery (or image) that I defined in the link and that´s what I want ... but in a frame. How can I send a link like /#/contend/folder/ into a frame?
Thank you, Marco from Berlin

fishnick

31 Jan 2009, 09:01

Ok, I'm back. It feels like it's not doing the think and I simply can't find a way to get around it.
What is the right way to access a particular folder and output to iframe. I'm playing with two configs:
1. imagevue/#/content ... shows startpath slideshow
2. imagevue/?starpath=/content ... doesn't seem to show anything other than menu and bg

useswfaddress: - set disabled in second config

would be glad to disclose settings or urls. ask if needed

internal linking doesn't seem to work from inside of iframe on either config

thx

fishnick

31 Jan 2009, 12:44

Ok after couple hours of play here is what seems to be the solution
useswfaddress: has to be enabled
startpath in config has to be content/ (use ?startpath= in URL if you need to instead)
now the URL that outputs to imagevue in iframe has to be constructed this way:
<a href="http://way to/imagevx2/?startpath=/content/.../#/content/.../" target="target frame">

some other settings of mine, which might be related, as they are set:
content folder - content/
startmode - image

2Developers: why /#/ syntaxis does not function from inside/to the iframe?
Last edited by fishnick on 01 Feb 2009, 08:26, edited 4 times in total.

marco-urban

31 Jan 2009, 13:04

Wow! That´s it man! It´s working! Thanks a lot ...