Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

marco-urban
Topic Author

Size of Sidebar

04 May 2020, 06:23

Hello everybody!
Is it possible to change the size of the sidebar? I would like to have it smaller. 
Thanks
Marco

marco-urban
Topic Author

Re: Size of Sidebar

04 May 2020, 06:31

And can I delete the thin vertical line on the right side of the sidebar?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 May 2020, 06:37

Hi. The sidebar will be sized down to either your logo, or the menu, whichever is widest. It's likely your sidebar width is decided by your logo width, in which case you can go to Settings > Style > Logo > Logo style, and modify the font-size for example. Or if you are using a logo IMAGE, you would need to modify the logo img width. Naturally, the sidebar can't be smaller than the display size of your logo (including margins).

If you have a link, I can tell you exactly what is setting the size of your sidebar.

marco-urban
Topic Author

04 May 2020, 09:06

Hi!
So it´s the footer. I´m switching from Koken and I´m still testing X3, but I got an old imagevaux licence and I think I will buy X3 with the special offer.
If you want to take a look: http://glance-up.de/X3/
The koken site is www.marco-urban.de
Can I delete the vertical line on the right side of the sidebar?

Thank you ...

Marco

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 May 2020, 10:44

Looks really clean, great logo and nice font choise!
marco-urban wrote:So it´s the footer.
It could also be the "Kontakt - Impressum - Datenschutzerklärung" menu item, which goes beyond the max-width, but then breaks into a new line. In any case, your sidebar is expanding to the maximum 350px. Assuming you want to decrease the width of the sidebar menu? You could add some custom CSS (Settings > Custom > Custom CSS):
Code
.header {
 max-width: 280px;
}
.nav {
 max-width: 220px;
}
Width is reduced. You can edit the values, but there should always be 60px difference between the two.
marco-urban wrote:Can I delete the vertical line on the right side of the sidebar?
I can see why you would want to remove it on your start page, because of the slideshow, but also for normal pages? Looks a bit naked without separating the menu from the content.
It can be done with custom CSS:
Code
.sb_border {
  display: none !important;
}

marco-urban
Topic Author

04 May 2020, 10:56

Yes! Thank you!