Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

IFireflyl
Topic Author

Error and License Question

15 Mar 2020, 06:54

Hello! I'm new here and have not yet purchased a license. I have been looking for a proper photo gallery (that doesn't look like garbage) for weeks. I've tried Lychee, Piwigo, Chevereto, and quite a few others. Nothing has looked the way I thought it should, or done the things I wanted it to, out of the box. I finally stumbled across this gem, and it may be the exact thing I am searching for. A few things I would like to have a discussion on:
  1. I downloaded the latest version of the original software (X3.27.6) from this github repository. It looks good, but when I installed this on my site it gives me an error on some of the image thumbnails - although when clicked the actual images will still display. The error I am getting is:
    Code
    8 Trying to access array offset on value of type null

File:
    /home/[my-info]/public_html/app/parsers/slir/slirrequest.class.php
    Line 526
    I use PHP 7.4. Is it possible this product hasn't been updated to work properly with PHP 7.4 yet? Or is there something that needs to change in my PHP configuration to correct this?
  2. Is the "www.files.gallery" product going to replace the current photo.gallery product? Will these be sold as two separate products? Or will the "www.files.gallery" work in tandem with the current product?
  3. If I were to purchase a license now would my purchase cover all future versions of the product? Or do your licenses only apply to all future versions of the same numbered product? To clarify what I am asking: some places have version numbers that look like "1.1", "1.2", "1.3", etcetera, and their license will only cover any product that has a version of "1.x". When they go to version "2.x" the user has to purchase a new license, and that license would cover anything in that "2.x" range. Also (in regards to question 2), if I bought a license today would I need to purchase a separate license in the future when the "www.files.gallery" is completed?
This software truly does look like what I've been wanting, but I'm holding off on purchasing the license until I hear back on these questions. Thanks for your time!

EDIT: I found the answer to question 1 in this thread. So that has been addressed already. :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Error and License Question

15 Mar 2020, 07:30

IFireflyl wrote:but when I installed this on my site it gives me an error on some of the image thumbnails
Yes, it's PHP 7.4.0 warning, which I am fixing as we speak. There will be an update within a week that fixes PHP 7.4.0 issues and more.
IFireflyl wrote:Is the "www.files.gallery" product going to replace the current photo.gallery product? Will these be sold as two separate products? Or will the "www.files.gallery" work in tandem with the current product?
"Files" app certainly won't replace X3, because it can't really be styled as a website, and it won't support text/pages. There are loads of features in "Files" that I would like to bring into X3, and we also plan to use it as the base for new X3 Panel version 2.0. Files will definitely be sold as a separate product, when we get that far, and I might include it for "free" with X3 Pro.
IFireflyl wrote:If I were to purchase a license now would my purchase cover all future versions of the product? Or do your licenses only apply to all future versions of the same numbered product? To clarify what I am asking: some places have version numbers that look like "1.1", "1.2", "1.3", etcetera, and their license will only cover any product that has a version of "1.x". When they go to version "2.x" the user has to purchase a new license, and that license would cover anything in that "2.x" range.
X3 is version 3 of our application, and we did take "upgrade fee" for X2 to X3. However, we only made X3 in the first place because X2 (almost 15 years ago) was based on the now-outdated Flash-plugin. There are no plans to create X4, and X3 updates are free.
IFireflyl wrote:Also (in regards to question 2), if I bought a license today would I need to purchase a separate license in the future when the "www.files.gallery" is completed?
As mentioned, "Files" app will be separate, and there will be a free version of "Files", without all features. I might include "Files" app with X3 Pro license. Updates are free.

Thanks!  :sunglasses:

IFireflyl
Topic Author

15 Mar 2020, 16:34

mjau-mjau wrote:
IFireflyl wrote:Also (in regards to question 2), if I bought a license today would I need to purchase a separate license in the future when the "www.files.gallery" is completed?
As mentioned, "Files" app will be separate, and there will be a free version of "Files", without all features. I might include "Files" app with X3 Pro license.
One more question on this:

The Pro version contains features that I don't actually need. If you do end up including the Files app with X3 Pro is there a way to upgrade from the standard to the Pro license in the future, or would this require a brand new purchase of the Pro license (effectively wasting the money spent on the standard license)? Or do you plan on allowing "Files" to be purchased as a separate ticket item when it is completed?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Mar 2020, 22:41

IFireflyl wrote:The Pro version contains features that I don't actually need. If you do end up including the Files app with X3 Pro is there a way to upgrade from the standard to the Pro license in the future, or would this require a brand new purchase of the Pro license (effectively wasting the money spent on the standard license)? Or do you plan on allowing "Files" to be purchased as a separate ticket item when it is completed?
You can already upgrade from X3 Private to Pro on our website here, by paying the intermediate amount.

"Files" will be released as a separate product, at a reasonable price (perhaps $39 because of lower design/technical/support overhead). There will also be a free version, which may cover the needs for many, and possibly a high-end version for multi-user/server/hosting.

Thanks for your interest!