Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Haider of Sweden
Experienced
Topic Author

Different menu for different pages?

18 Jan 2020, 14:54

I want to split my page into two parts with a shared landing-page.
So I was thinking that some menus might be irrelevant for each part, or maybe the menus should look different. 

Is there any support for something like that?
Kind regards,
Haider
www.haider.se

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Different menu for different pages?

18 Jan 2020, 22:35

You mean you want the root (home) page to be common, but then there are two different menus for all sub pages? The home page would use one of the menu's I assume? There is no way to assign different menu's on a per page basis, as the main menu in X3 is created from the folder structure. Options:

1. Two X3 websites
I know it would be preferable to avoid, but if you are going to have two different menus (for two different concepts), possibly with different styles, the best solution would probably be to setup two X3 websites. You could still link between them as necessary, and you can still share the home page (as long as you link appropriately from the home page). This would allow you to maintain different menu structures, and different styles and visual concepts (if required).

2. Use CSS to HIDE menu items.
Just an idea, which might not be worth the hassle: You could add some custom CSS styles that hides certain pages in the menu. Then you could assign classes to each page "hide-menu-1" or "hide-menu-2", which would either hide group1 or group2 pages. These pages would have to be assigned in the custom CSS class, and updated as you add/rename pages. I would probably have to assist.

Haider of Sweden
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Different menu for different pages?

20 Jan 2020, 00:41

Thank you, I'll test both suggestions and evaluate.
Kind regards,
Haider
www.haider.se