Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Steks
Topic Author

Resize homepage image

07 Nov 2019, 12:35

Hi.

A couple of questions as illustrated in attached pics.

Pic 1: Resized image on frontpage/homepage, is it possiple , and if - How?
Not fullsize like when using page intro or background, or galleries.
It doesn't have to be linking to anything, bu if it has, it must be Galleries.

Pic 2: Showing galleries, the number of pictures in respective gallery is shown. In galleries containing sub galleries it shows one, or nothing at all.
When mouse over, the text over the different categories turns white, and is invisible on my page.

Hope that you can help me out with all or some of my "problems" c",)

My site is: steffs.photography

Kind Regards - Steffen Schmidt
Attachments
Ste Pho 1.comp.jpg
Ste Pho 1.comp.jpg (120.9 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
Ste Pho 2 comp.jpg
Ste Pho 2 comp.jpg (130.02 KiB) Viewed 2880 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Resize homepage image

08 Nov 2019, 03:54

Steks wrote:Pic 1: Resized image on frontpage/homepage, is it possiple , and if - How?
Not fullsize like when using page intro or background, or galleries.
It doesn't have to be linking to anything, bu if it has, it must be Galleries.
The question is a bit unclear. I checked your current home page, and it lists 9 different galleries, all with a preview image. It is not clear to me what or how you want images resized. Can you be more specific?
Steks wrote:Pic 2: Showing galleries, the number of pictures in respective gallery is shown. In galleries containing sub galleries it shows one, or nothing at all.
When mouse over, the text over the different categories turns white, and is invisible on my page.
I think there are multiple questions in your screenshot:

1. The image amount text will show how many images are in a specific gallery folder. It does not count images in multiple subfolders. You can disable the "amount" text from the page's settings > folders > captions > items:

2. About "mouse over" color. It seems you have chosen a WHITE primary color with your X3 skin, and that is why the text becomes white on hover. The primary color is meant to be a "strong" color that has good contrast on both background and foreground, so that it can emphasize important features and events (like hover). I would recommend trying a different primary color if possible.

Optionally, you can change the color specifically for the case you mention by using custom CSS. However, you may find that your white primary color is causing issues elsewhere also.

Steks
Topic Author

08 Nov 2019, 05:21

Tank you for the ansvers  :slight_smile:
"The question is a bit unclear. I checked your current home page, and it lists 9 different galleries, all with a preview image. It is not clear to me what or how you want images resized. Can you be more specific?"

I wou very much like my frontpage to be looking like the one in "Ste Pho 1.comp.jpg"

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Nov 2019, 05:34

Steks wrote:I wou very much like my frontpage to be looking like the one in "Ste Pho 1.comp.jpg"
Ok, that means REMOVING all the gallery preview links on the page, right? And if so, your question for the second screenshot is no longer valid, because those links will be removed.

Steks
Topic Author

08 Nov 2019, 05:39

BTW:
Would it be possible to remove the amunt of pictures in respective gallery as shown in "Ste Pho 2 comp" noted in the bottom left corner...

Steks
Topic Author

08 Nov 2019, 05:46

I think I may not be clear in my whishes. If I choose to use the option to use the option Page Intro or Background, it's all over the frontpage. What I want is a reduced image on the frontpage, maybe pointing towards the gallery preview.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Nov 2019, 23:35

Steks wrote: BTW:
Would it be possible to remove the amunt of pictures in respective gallery as shown in "Ste Pho 2 comp" noted in the bottom left corner...
I already replied to this in my first post, with a screenshot to the specific setting:
mjau-mjau wrote:1. The image amount text will show how many images are in a specific gallery folder. It does not count images in multiple subfolders. You can disable the "amount" text from the page's settings > folders > captions > items:
Steks wrote:I think I may not be clear in my whishes. If I choose to use the option to use the option Page Intro or Background, it's all over the frontpage. What I want is a reduced image on the frontpage, maybe pointing towards the gallery preview.
If you want a single image NOT scaled to intro-size (full screen), then I recommend you just upload a single image to the page, and choose VERTICAL layout in the page's gallery settings. The image size will of course depend on the screen size (it will scale down to fit within mobile screens). Then you can adjust the size of the image on large screens by choosing the page > gallery > width setting (for the page).