Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

pixelmaniac.fr
Topic Author

Must limit the amount of items displaying in gallery ?

01 Nov 2019, 19:50

I have some big galleries... like 3000+ photos,
I had to limit the amount of items displaying in gallery, and choose to random show them...

Any other solution like a paging (and where to activate that) ?

My site : www.pixelmaniac.fr

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Must limit the amount of items displaying in gallery ?

02 Nov 2019, 03:28

Hi. I guess some of the javascript-based layout variations in X3 will be slow to render 3000+ images in a single page. Did you try with a basic GRID layout (grids are css-only, and may be faster), and without "shuffle" order? Do you have a link so I could see how the page renders?

Unfortunately, there is no "pagination" option in X3. I would try to avoid this feature, as it's a bit outdated and unproductive in terms of SEO and navigation. For example, if you search Google (images), flickr, pinterest, instagram or any other modern service, you will no longer get any "pages", just unlimited scroll.

I do see this can be a problem with 3000+ images. In the future, we will be integrated CSS-only layouts (current justified and columns rely on javascript), which should be much faster to render galleries with lots of images. I may need to consider other solutions also, for example "load on scroll" where a page loads more images in bulks as one scrolls.