Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

landrima
Topic Author

gallery description

19 Oct 2019, 12:29

Is it possible block title and description of the gallery when I scroll down the photo ( grid or vertical )?
Many thanks in advance
Maurizio

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: gallery description

20 Oct 2019, 00:08

Do you have a link to the page you are referring to? Display titles and descriptions in gallery layouts are already OPTIONAL. If you go to the page's Settings > Gallery > Captions > Inline caption, you can decide what ITEMS to display.

landrima
Topic Author

20 Oct 2019, 11:49

]Hi,
thanks for you kind replay.
Sorry but I wasn't,t clear,
Let me try to explain in another way attaching and example.
example.jpg
example.jpg (164.92 KiB) Viewed 3900 times
I've created a page with photo gallery selecting as layout a grid.
then I've created a title and description of the gallery in the label "page".
If I scroll down to see all photo I don't  see anymore the description and the title

In addition I would ask one more question about the description of the single photo.

When I pop-up a photo Is it possible to see te image description on the left side of the paga?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
Maurizio

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Oct 2019, 01:28

landrima wrote:If I scroll down to see all photo I don't  see anymore the description and the title
No of course not. Title and description displays at the top of a page/gallery, like almost all websites, and it will disappear when the visitor scrolls down. Visitor will see it, read it and scroll down. Why would they need to read it again? How would the title and description always be visible after scrolling past it? All websites need scroll to display more information than fits on the screen ... The visitor gets the freedom to scroll through the information logically and progressively.
landrima wrote:When I pop-up a photo Is it possible to see te image description on the left side of the paga?
Sorry, no. How would this work on mobile devices? Also, the caption would have to be locked to at least 400 px width, in which case it would overlap large parts of the image on medium sized screens. It's not a good or flexible solution.

landrima
Topic Author

21 Oct 2019, 17:30

Hi Karl,
again many thanks, you're absolutely clear.

Sorry again if I ask you one more question about my second topic, the image description: how can I modify the font of the text ?
Best regards
Maurizio

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Oct 2019, 22:28

landrima wrote:Sorry again if I ask you one more question about my second topic, the image description: how can I modify the font of the text ?
The FONT in the popup caption is inherited by the FONT you have selected in your X3 Style settings. If you want custom modifications, it can be done with custom CSS (Settings > Custom > Custom CSS). For example:
Code
/* caption title */
.pswp__caption__center strong {
  font-size: 1.5em;
}
/* caption description */
.pswp__caption__center span {
  color: tomato;
}