X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

Move X3 installation

17 Oct 2019, 07:03

Hello,

I am currently looking for a new CMS to replace my old one and so far X3 looks really promising.

I'd like to set everything up while the old version of my website is still in place. Will I be able to easily move X3 from e.g. [MYURL]/test to [MYURL] when I'm finished? Or maybe is there a better option than moving?

Best regards,
Daniel
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Move X3 installation

17 Oct 2019, 07:09

metallissimus wrote:I'd like to set everything up while the old version of my website is still in place. Will I be able to easily move X3 from e.g. [MYURL]/test to [MYURL] when I'm finished? Or maybe is there a better option than moving?
It's not a problem moving X3 between directories. After moving X3, I would recommend you login to panel (in new location) and just click "Save" (without making any changes). That will cause page cache to refresh so that absolute link paths (used in a few meta tags) are updated appropriately.

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

17 Oct 2019, 07:12

Great, sounds as easy as I hoped it would be. Thank you for the quick reply!

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

24 Oct 2019, 05:45

Hm... I'm afraid I did something wrong. I moved everything inside my X3-folder to the root of my webspace. I can access the panel and as you suggested  I saved there once without any changes, but when I try to visit my website, all I get is an error message:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Edit: Found the problem – I still had the old .htaccess in place which by default was hidden in my ftp client. Replaced it with the one from the X3 download and now everythings working fine.

Haiti

14 Feb 2021, 07:32

I am in the process of moving to a new server. The entire X3 Gallery directory has been copied to the webspace of the new server. After calling the panel on the new server, I clicked Save.
The web page only shows me the first page of my installation. With all other pages comes: Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

But the subdirectories are there. In the panel I can see them including images.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Feb 2021, 08:14

Hi. I answered your private message already. The new server does not have "mod rewrite" or "GD extension", which are necessary for X3.

paparazzo

13 Apr 2021, 02:41

I just tried to move to another subdomain which is physically just another folder in the webroot but it doesn't work at all as it jumps back to the former url directly...even if i try to open the panel. So is there an kindo of config file where i can set the new url/domain or how can i manage this ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Apr 2021, 03:05

Either you have "force url" setting enabled in X3, or you have a redirect applied on your sub-domain. If you have "force url", it will need to be disabled of course to prevent X3 from redirecting to the url you have assigned earlier. If you can't access panel, open /config/config.user.json in text editor, and search for enforce_url and remove it.

paparazzo

13 Apr 2021, 06:05

Thx Karl that was a partially success. I just changed the forced url to the new one.
But as i switched the site before in diagnostics mode and panel is still not available: How can i turn off manually diag mode ?
And of course, what can i try to get the panel back ? (I just get a blank site or an HTTP 500 error).

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Apr 2021, 06:12

paparazzo wrote:But as i switched the site before in diagnostics mode and panel is still not available: How can i turn off manually diag mode ?
Sorry, but I don't quite understand the question. "Diagnostics mode" has nothing to do with panel. If you have diagnostics enabled, that would be inherited from the where you moved it from. If you want to change it (on or off), it should be done from the panel, so you need to get that working first. You can edit custom config options by editing config.user.json file, but this is not intuitive, and you can only remove/exit existing custom values anyway.
paparazzo wrote:And of course, what can i try to get the panel back ? (I just get a blank site or an HTTP 500 error).
Why isn't it working? I can't guess these things. Something with your redirect? Why not try to remove the redirect in config first? It's only useful if you want to redirect to HTTPS anyway. For me to diagnose further, I will need link to website for starters.

paparazzo

13 Apr 2021, 06:32

Ok, to explain you what i did: 
the gallery run b4 into the webroot of  the mydomain.tld. 
my plan is to move it to a subdomain and run a blog on the mydomain.tld.
so i created a subdomain galerie.mydomain.tld on my webserver with plesk. done already 1000 times and know how to.
moved the whole installation to the webroot-folder of the subdomain. unfortunately forgot to switch off diag mode before. didn't set any other redirects at all.
after i deleted the forced url entry the galerie.mydomain.tld now shows up correctly the diag website, so i guess without diag mode the gallery would run and be visible. Just if i try to logon to the panel i just get a blank page or a http 500 error. I just have one idea: does the panel run on php 8.x or should i switch back to 7.x ?  diag said 8.x would be fine.

paparazzo

13 Apr 2021, 06:41

It was the php version
it works now but it "forgot" my own admin usere and some of the settings...but is is manageable...
Thx for your help !