X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

alderim
Experienced
Topic Author

Safari iPhone Cache

19 Sep 2019, 04:46

Hi,
when i Upload pics from my iphone, Safari is saving the pics in his Data-Cache, and i cant delete that storage after uploading. So its Messing up my phone-Storage with Gigabytes.
Does anybody know how to avoid That or empty That „Documents & Data“ section of Safari ?
Thx!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Safari iPhone Cache

19 Sep 2019, 05:09

I must admit, I am not familiar with the term "data-cache", and while Safari has file "cache" (like other browsers), I didn't think "uploading" would populate the cache. The cache is normally reserved for images that download into browser, but perhaps they have some processing and caching of images on upload also?

Did you try to clear Safari cache from the phone?
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/246 ... ri-browser

alderim
Experienced
Topic Author

19 Sep 2019, 05:26

Thx, iPhone Storage is Divided in „Website-Data“ like your link above and is easy to empty by click, and „documents&data“, which there is no „official“ way to empty but for example to deinstall an App, what is not possible in case of Safari.

I just can hope Safari is emptying that section soon by itself, cause now i cant upload Fotos without deleting any Other stuff from my Phone

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Sep 2019, 05:44

Sorry I can't help as I am not familiar with this issue. Why can't you upload images now? Perhaps this should be posted in a apple forum or stackoverflow.com?

alderim
Experienced
Topic Author

19 Sep 2019, 05:51

I cant Upload Fotos because my phone Storage is Full and then Imagevue tells me „wrong file type“ on Upload, but its Safari That cant handle the Upload without enough Storage left. Just posted it into an Apple Forum