Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

trpg
Topic Author

Question to galleries (transition and more)

15 Apr 2019, 04:32

Hello

After searching many year I'm very happy with photogallery x3!  Congratulations!
It's really fa antastic work you made!

Now I have a few questions
  1. Can I modify the transition time for all normal galleries (but NOT when used as INTRO!) ? A Time from 0 (Zero seconds) could be very helpful, so the picture View changed at the same position without a move from right to left. That would be much less exhausting for the eyes!
  2. Alternative to question  1): Is it possible to change all normal galleries (but NOT when used as INTRO!) in Popup to crossfade or to dissolve?
  3. Is it possible a formatted gallery in Content Field with HTML ike the plugin carousel? 
  4. s it possible to integrate a Search function, so visitors can search a gallery, picture or article?
Thank you so much for feedback!
And go ahead with your great work!

Kind regards from Switzerland

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Question to galleries (transition and more)

15 Apr 2019, 10:15

Hi!
trpg wrote:Can I modify the transition time for all normal galleries (but NOT when used as INTRO!) ? A Time from 0 (Zero seconds) could be very helpful, so the picture View changed at the same position without a move from right to left. That would be much less exhausting for the eyes!
I'm a bit unsure what gallery layout you are referring to, but I assume you mean the SLIDESHOW layout? The slideshow layout has options to set DURATION, as well as CROSSFADE (which is more subtle).

If you were referring to the POPUP (after clicking images in gallery layouts), there is an option Settings > Popup > Transitions, which can be disabled.
trpg wrote:Alternative to question  1): Is it possible to change all normal galleries (but NOT when used as INTRO!) in Popup to crossfade or to dissolve?
I think this was answered above, but again it is not clear to me if you are referring to the SLIDESHOW or the POPUP. The intro uses the slideshow. Popup is used when visitor CLICKS an image in any gallery layout (except the slideshow layout). You can change slideshow transition/duration from page > gallery settings, or globally from Settings > Page > Gallery > Slideshow. Popup settings are available to set globally from Settings > Popup ... the slideshow-intro does NOT use the popup.
trpg wrote:Is it possible a formatted gallery in Content Field with HTML ike the plugin carousel? 
Technically it is possible with HTML, but there is no automated option for this. It would require custom HTML, and you could use the carousel which is available to add into custom content. I could assist with this on specific request, but it will be HTML and perhaps not very flexible.
trpg wrote:s it possible to integrate a Search function, so visitors can search a gallery, picture or article?
Global "search" in X3 has previously been off the radar since X3 does not use database, which would be required to "index" all images (it would be too slow to "search" all physical images on server in real-time). This is definitely something we want to add in the future, but it may require some core changes in X3 first.

Thanks!

trpg
Topic Author

Re: Question to galleries (transition and more)

15 Apr 2019, 12:43

Thank you s much!

All questions are perfect answered!
Kind regards!