X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

alderim
Experienced
Topic Author

EU Cookie Consent mobile "Button"

05 Mar 2019, 09:17

Hi,

EU Cookie Consent works perfect on Desktop. You click, it disappears.

On mobile, there remains a "Cookie Policy" button on the bottom after the click.

Is it possible to hide that?

thx!

Workaround
.cc-bottom {
    bottom: -10em;
}

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: EU Cookie Consent mobile "Button"

05 Mar 2019, 10:04

Do you have an example link? I tried it myself right now from, and it definitely gets removed correctly also on mobile. We use an external plugin for cookie consent.
https://cookieconsent.insites.com/

Sure you didn't disable cookies or localstorage in your browser? That could explain why it might be re-appearing, because it can't "remember" that it's been closed.

raffi
Experienced

28 May 2019, 20:32

Hi guys

I had the issue on my website using cookieconsent code.
Solution was to place the following line 
Code
  revokeBtn: '<div style="display: none;"></div>',
as
Code
<script>
window.addEventListener("load", function(){
  window.cookieconsent.initialise({
    "palette": {
      "popup": {
        "background": "rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5)",
        "text": "#ffffff"
      },
      "button": {
        "background": "rgb(183,164,96, 0.5)",
        "text": "#ffffff"
      }
    },
    revokeBtn: '<div style="display: none;"></div>',
    "theme": "edgeless",
    "type": "opt-out",
    "content": {
      "message": "Ce site utilise des cookies",
      "allow": "J'accepte",
      "deny": "Je refuse",
      "link": "Plus d'info",
      "href": "/mentions-legales.html"

}
  })});
  </script>
mjau-mjau

I'm writing also here because I'm trying to set cookieconsent active on my X3.
But remember, I have a custom installation, main pages are build with bootstrap, and X3 installed in /portfolio/ 
So I'am a but lost, not sure if I activated your optino from X3 panel or if I'm supposed to place my own code in the custom footer.

Thanks for letting me know your advice.

Raffi.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 May 2019, 23:10

I don't quite understand the question. X3 has it's own automated integration of cookie consent, and I can't diagnose issues related to cookie consent on your non-X3 website. If you want to enable cookie consent for your X3 website /portfolio/, you can find it under Settings > Plugins > Cookie consent.

raffi
Experienced

29 May 2019, 06:34

this is on the same website that's why I'm trying to guess if it will cohabit 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 May 2019, 10:06

raffi wrote:this is on the same website that's why I'm trying to guess if it will cohabit 
Well, I am not quite sure what you mean with cohabit. Since your existing website is not Ajax-based, each page will reload when you click the navigation. The chat module will also reload, although the javascripts are cached, and it will probably auto-open on page load. With X3 on the other hand, once the chat is loaded, it will remain on screen and not be removed because all navigation in your X3 menu is Ajax-based (does not reload page), and the chat will remain in position without restarting. When navigating between your parent website and X3, then yes the chat will have to load naturally, just like it will do when navigating between your pages.

Although the chat integration will appear slightly differently (but almost the same), chat sessions with visitors should still be retained when navigating between the X3 and the parent website. It's the same chat account, and uses the same sessions. Hope this clarifies.

raffi
Experienced

30 May 2019, 18:19

Thanks, yes it helps and I have done some tests that looks fine around the chat.

If we come back to cookie story.

The option I need from X3 cookieconsent code, would need to add 
Code
"type": "opt-out"
Where can I edit this in X3 ?

I cross tested what I called "cohabit" and it's fine between my bootstrap and my X3.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

31 May 2019, 00:05

raffi wrote:The option I need from X3 cookieconsent code, would need to add 
Code
"type": "opt-out"
Where can I edit this in X3 ?
This is not a built-in option. May I ask what the point is of having deny/dismiss instead of default dismiss/allow? If you need this, you will need to disable the built-in plugin and add it like you add to your website, with the full Javascript.

raffi
Experienced

31 May 2019, 08:34

Looks like X3 is using https://cookieconsent.osano.com/download/

So that in the configuration the different options are listed here and explaining the difference :

COMPLIANCE TYPE :
  • Just tell users that we use cookies
    You tell your users that you use cookies, and that by continuing to use your website they accept them.
  • Let users opt out of cookies (Advanced)
    You tell your users that you use cookies, and give them one button to disable cookies, and another to dismiss the message.
  • Ask users to opt into cookies (Advanced)
    You tell your users that you wish to use cookies, and give them one button to enable cookies, and another to refuse them.

The one I'm looking for is the third one, and shoud be exact same code as first one, just needs to have this added : 
Code
"type": "opt-in"
And you're right, this needs to have additional code :
Code
onInitialise: function (status) {
 var type = this.options.type;
 var didConsent = this.hasConsented();
 if (type == 'opt-in' && didConsent) {
  // enable cookies
 }
 if (type == 'opt-out' && !didConsent) {
  // disable cookies
 }
},
onStatusChange: function(status, chosenBefore) {
 var didConsent = this.hasConsented();
 if (type == 'opt-in' && didConsent) {
  // enable cookies
 }
 if (type == 'opt-out' && !didConsent) {
  // disable cookies
 }
},
onRevokeChoice: function() {
 if (type == 'opt-in') {
  // disable cookies
 }
 if (type == 'opt-out') {
  // enable cookies
 }
}

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

31 May 2019, 11:30

You need any help with anything though? You can add your own cookie consent and disable the plugin built-in to X3 if you need specific options.

Although not something we need to debate, personally I don't see why you bother with options anyway. If you are using the cookie plugin, default settings are sufficient. Do you even know what cookies your website is storing? Is your website storing private data about users, that can be used to track them? Doubtful. Did you hear about anyone, ever, that have been contacted, fined or warned by law enforcement for storing cookies about visitors without warning visitors? The GDPR law and cookie law are ONLY created to prevent companies like Facebook, Google and ad networks from storing private user data, which can then be used to track users, ultimately for financial gain.

Last but not least, you do not get annoyed by cookie modals popping up on websites you visit? I think 99% of visitors do. It's one of the most annoying thing ever invented, and it ruins the user experience. If I wanted to block basic tracking, I would disable cookies in my internet options. Not to mention that I am not even located in EU, and still these cookie modals appear. Useless, and I will never add anything like that to any of my websites, unless I am actively tracking visitors. On the X3 purchase page for example, we simply notify the visitor about what data we store, and why ... and as long as you notify the visitor, before they proceed, that is sufficient.

Feel free to ignore the above  :smile: I just feel strong for this, and think it is a pity that website-owners degrade their websites.

raffi
Experienced

31 May 2019, 13:23

On the bottom I totally agree with you. Now this boring compliance also has a dimension of legitimacy and that's why I'm interested in it.
Annoying, yes it is, and maybe I will not keep it in the end.

When you say that I can disable the option in X3 and install my own cookie solution: this is the first thing I thought to do by reflex but I did not find where to do it. I thought of the option where I could edit the footer, but that does not seem to be there.
Where am I supposed to put the script if I want to do it by myself.

I understand your policy and position on cookies that break your feet more than anything else ...

edit : just removed everything code related to cookie :) but still curious if you can answer my question.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

31 May 2019, 23:55

The CSS and JS files can be pasted into Settings > Custom > Head, while the actual javascript to initialize cookieconsent, can be pasted into the custom javascript section:

raffi
Experienced

01 Jun 2019, 20:35

Thanks ! next time if I want to give a try, will know the proper place.
Thanks for your patience.