Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

MarcoK63
Topic Author

Running in local part2

11 Feb 2019, 05:55

I'm trying this software again after some busy time.
I installed it on a XAMMP windows server and everything is ok (I had some troubles but deactivating the symlink everything is ok now.)
When I connect to localhost from another PC I get a spinning circle that never end.(I type http://192......)
I tried laptop with XP,7 and 10 versions of windows, different producers of laptop but nothing's I think there's something with the server settings.
Wit other softwares I have no problem at all.
I'd like to use this one fro the better upload speed .
Any thoughts ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Running in local part2

11 Feb 2019, 08:40

MarcoK63 wrote:I'm trying this software again after some busy time.
I installed it on a XAMMP windows server and everything is ok (I had some troubles but deactivating the symlink everything is ok now.)
What version of X3? We released X3.27.2 a few days ago, in which case symlinks are always disabled on Windows server. See my post:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9677&start=60#p44342
MarcoK63 wrote:When I connect to localhost from another PC I get a spinning circle that never end.(I type http://192......)
I tried laptop with XP,7 and 10 versions of windows, different producers of laptop but nothing's I think there's something with the server settings.
What URL are you using when 1) loading directly on the server? and 2) loading from another PC? Sounds like an issue with PATHS to CSS or JS ... If the circle doesn't stop spinning, it would mean something isn't loading.

Open your browser Developer Tools, and check both NETWORK and CONSOLE when loading the page. The network tab would likely show the files that are failing to load, and the console tab would also show loading errors, and possibly other hints. Feel free to report back.

Really hard for me to remote diagnose local servers running on local networks.

MarcoK63
Topic Author

11 Feb 2019, 11:32

Version is X3 25.1

on the server I can type 192.168.1.50/mydirectory/ or localhost/mydirectory/ and it loads
From other PC 192.168.1.50/mydirectory/. spinning circle, no way
PC NAME/mydirectory/  spinning circle, no way

on firefox the CONSOLE says
ReferenceError . jQuery  is not defined
TypeError TC is undefined

the NETWORK says many things but two yellows triangle
304      GET       x3.skin.daylight.css
304.     GET.      x3.min.js

Here is what I found

Thanks
Marco

MarcoK63
Topic Author

11 Feb 2019, 11:39

GOT IT. !!!

I had just to take out the flag to "use CDN"

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Feb 2019, 01:05

MarcoK63 wrote:GOT IT. !!!
I had just to take out the flag to "use CDN"
A bit strange. That would imply that your "other" computers are failing to load the X3 JS/CSS resources located on CDN. For example:
https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/x3.photo.g ... /x3.min.js

Maybe you have some firewall-rules in your network that blocks external scripts from loading if the HOST is on the local network (local IP or localhost).

MarcoK63
Topic Author

12 Feb 2019, 03:03

I'm not a programmer I don't know, when I encounter a problem I just try to solve it by reading and reasoning ( and luck of course),but typing the error in Google search many comment where addressed to CDN and I found this article
https://blog.bugsnag.com/jquery-is-not- ... -solution/
So I just went in the panel and when I saw the flagged option to CDN I thought that being the local network not connected to internet, maybe the system was looking to deliver something through the net....(excuse me for this raw thinking) and it worked.Today I'm busy, but tomorrow I'll try the full system with ten laptop connected to the server and I'll let you know the results.(So far I just tried one connected to the server).
Of course I'll check the firewall rules as suggested

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Feb 2019, 05:55

So I just went in the panel and when I saw the flagged option to CDN I thought that being the local network not connected to internet, maybe the system was looking to deliver something through the net....(excuse me for this raw thinking) and it worked.
Indeed that would be the correct assumption. By default, X3 loads a few core JS/CSS files from a fast CDN (content delivery network), but this requires that the client is connected to the internet obviously. If you disable CDN, it will load local resources directly from the server. I would definitely recommend CDN enabled if you plan to make the website "live".