Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Hbaudon
Topic Author

Progressive web app

27 Jan 2019, 03:43

Hi,

I wanted to make the website work like a webapp. I created a manifest.json file and it works fine.
On the other hand I can not create the service worker to keep the webapp cached ...
Is there any special handling to do with imagevuex?
Here is the link to the site and the webapp (you have to add to the welcome screen):
https://www.aumann-creations.com

thank you for your help !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Progressive web app

27 Jan 2019, 07:59

I'm not quite sure what you mean or what you are trying to achieve.
  • I tried to open your website in Safari, save to home screen, and run it as an "app". Works fine. I certainly don't see any issues.
  • X3 will always load assets javascript/CSS from server (normally set to CDN option, so they will load fast). I don't see how you will be changing that. You gonna download all assets and javascripts?
  • Apart from the above, I am not quite sure what you are trying to achieve. A website added to "home" is just a "chromeless" website without browser controls. Perhaps you can achieve caching of the document itself by using service workers (I am not sure), but it will still need to load a lot of external assets.
  • "Web app" is just a term of course, and X3 is already a "web app" with amazing cache features. Check our demo gallery, try to navigate pages, and you will find that pages display instantaneously without loading because the entire website is already loaded/cached as a compressed JSON object.
Sorry, but I can't quite understand what you are expecting to see differently. Even if you have the document cached, resources will load from server naturally.