Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

ClaudioMaffucci
Topic Author

Split the gallery

21 Jan 2019, 03:49

Hi,
I tried to find a solution in the forum but I didn't find any answer to my question.

Will be nice for me don't scroll down all of the pictures present in one gallery but after i.e. every 100 pictures move to a new page (like a page break).

Thank you in advance for your support.
Regards,
Claudio

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Split the gallery

21 Jan 2019, 08:41

Hi Claudio. May I ask for what specific reason you want to "split" the gallery? Is it because the page seems SLOW when there are many images? If so, please can you want for release of X3.27.0 (1-2 weeks)? Page layout and scrolling should perform MUCH better with this release.

If you just think the page is too long, that would require multiple pages, something referred to as PAGINATION. I'm not a fan of this, because it means your gallery is not one page, but becomes multiple pages /gallery/1/ /gallery/2/ and so on, and it's bad for SEO. 

ClaudioMaffucci
Topic Author

21 Jan 2019, 09:14

Hi,
thank you for the answer. I'll wait the new release.
In case of "pagination", is there a solution that you can suggest to do that or is better to find an other way?
Ciao!
Claudio

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Jan 2019, 00:09

ClaudioMaffucci wrote:In case of "pagination", is there a solution that you can suggest to do that or is better to find an other way?
Another option is something called "infinite scroll". It means more images are added/loaded after visitor scrolls to bottom of gallery. It still means the scroll will grow as images are appended. It's interesting, but I'm not a huge fan of this method either, because the advantages are limited.

May I see a link to the page which you want to "split"?

ClaudioMaffucci
Topic Author

22 Jan 2019, 03:53

Hi,
thank you for the answer.

This page (http://claudiomaffucci.ch/gallerie-varie/iphoneditutto/) is only the example to understand how it can be split.
Seems interesting the option "infinite scroll". Could you support me how I can implement that.

I wish you a nice day.
Claudio

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Jan 2019, 06:49

ClaudioMaffucci wrote:This page (http://claudiomaffucci.ch/gallerie-varie/iphoneditutto/) is only the example to understand how it can be split.
I can only see 60-70 images on this page. Is it really necessary to create pages or load additional images on scroll? Scrolling through those few images seemed perfectly simple from here.

From my perspective, 100 + images is perhaps a point where there seems to be too many images to easily scroll.
ClaudioMaffucci wrote:Seems interesting the option "infinite scroll". Could you support me how I can implement that.
It would have to be part of X3. It's a relatively advanced javascript implementation.