Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Troudd
Topic Author

Background Image

06 Jan 2019, 07:53

Hi,

I'd like to know if i can make a page with several background image, as in this page for instance : https://www.bphoto.fr/biographie-dun-ph ... riage/#bio

Thx by advance
Bastien

Troudd
Topic Author

Re: Background Image

06 Jan 2019, 17:14

the only thing i can do atm is : http://www.hajdukbastien.fr/Mariage/2019/
But it's not what i really want...

I used : 
<style>
.parallax { 
  /* The image used */
  background-image: url("http://www.hajdukbastien.fr/img/201852.jpg");

/* Set a specific height */
  height: 500px; 

/* Create the parallax scrolling effect */
  background-attachment: fixed;
  background-position: center;
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  background-size: 800px;
}

</style>
<!-- Container element -->
<div class="parallax"></div>

Thx :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Jan 2019, 23:19

Hi Bastien. The image intro plugin in X3 is only for setting the top intro image. Although it works technically similar to "parallax" plugin, it's a different implementation ... The image intro is simply an image (not a background), while "parallax" is often used to set "background images" into the page content, where the background image scrolls upwards at a fraction of the scroll speed.

I see you have already implemented the basic idea. Good job  :clap: I guess you wanted the background to be full browser width? And perhaps a fractional scroll on the background? Unfortunately, this would be a "plugin" I would have to create specifically, and not something I could explain in a forum post. Additionally, to get the background at full browser width, essentially you must set your context module to WIDE width, and then instead use a grid within to limit text width. As it is now, you have placed your parallax inside context section which is already limited by a width, and it can't expand to 100% as long as it's inside the context (unless context is set to 100%).

You could try to add some negative margin to your parallax css to make the image slightly wider:
Code
margin: 0 -3em;
I'll consider this as a plugin in the future, but I can't provide much more help for now

GeoPal
Experienced

07 Jan 2019, 02:52

This could be an interesting feature, thanks for considering it for future update!

Troudd
Topic Author

07 Jan 2019, 04:22

mjau-mjau wrote: Hi Bastien. The image intro plugin in X3 is only for setting the top intro image. Although it works technically similar to "parallax" plugin, it's a different implementation ... The image intro is simply an image (not a background), while "parallax" is often used to set "background images" into the page content, where the background image scrolls upwards at a fraction of the scroll speed.

I see you have already implemented the basic idea. Good job  :clap: I guess you wanted the background to be full browser width? And perhaps a fractional scroll on the background? Unfortunately, this would be a "plugin" I would have to create specifically, and not something I could explain in a forum post. Additionally, to get the background at full browser width, essentially you must set your context module to WIDE width, and then instead use a grid within to limit text width. As it is now, you have placed your parallax inside context section which is already limited by a width, and it can't expand to 100% as long as it's inside the context (unless context is set to 100%).

You could try to add some negative margin to your parallax css to make the image slightly wider:
Code
margin: 0 -3em;
I'll consider this as a plugin in the future, but I can't provide much more help for now
Yes thanks :) I understood the different things about the full witdth yesterday evening searching arround.
I now know i can get full width, but i need to configure my whole pages with grids before :) 

But i still don't get how i could have a paralax effect in my second image, as in my example !?

I found this : https://www.alsacreations.com/tuto/lire ... llaxe.html
But i need to understand lot's of things about CSS and i'm far from it right now :/

Yeah ! a plugin would be so great ;p lol

Edit : it seems it needs javascript for the effect i search for ? Can it be included by myself  ? (if one day i understand how...)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Jan 2019, 04:43

Troudd wrote:But i still don't get how i could have a paralax effect in my second image, as in my example !?

Edit : it seems it needs javascript for the effect i search for ? Can it be included by myself  ? (if one day i understand how...)
With CSS you can only set it to FIXED (locked position). If you want the image to scroll a fraction of the scroll, this needs to be programmed with Javascript.

Troudd
Topic Author

07 Jan 2019, 06:10

mjau-mjau wrote:
Troudd wrote:But i still don't get how i could have a paralax effect in my second image, as in my example !?

With CSS you can only set it to FIXED (locked position). If you want the image to scroll a fraction of the scroll, this needs to be programmed with Javascript.
Ok thanks, you confirm what i thought.

Can you plz just confirm i can add javascript in my page to have this effect ?
If yes i'll seach for a solution. If not i will.. not :p

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Jan 2019, 08:37

Troudd wrote:Can you plz just confirm i can add javascript in my page to have this effect ?
Yes you can, although what you are trying to do won't be easy. You can add javascript at the bottom of the content, for example:
Code
<script>
var hehe = 'haha';
</script>

hardliner
Experienced

07 Jan 2019, 09:52

Nice Site to learn parallax scrolling.

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_parallax.asp

Regards
hardliner

Troudd
Topic Author

07 Jan 2019, 14:04

mjau-mjau wrote:
Troudd wrote:Can you plz just confirm i can add javascript in my page to have this effect ?
Yes you can, although what you are trying to do won't be easy. You can add javascript at the bottom of the content, for example:
Code
<script>
var hehe = 'haha';
</script>
thx :)
hardliner wrote: Nice Site to learn parallax scrolling.

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_parallax.asp

Regards
hardliner
Yes thx, it's what i used. But no javascript for "real" parallax on this one :)