Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

vhero
Topic Author

Email autoresponder

02 Nov 2018, 09:58

Hello!

Is there way to install some email autoresponder on X3.

1. We would like to OPT-in visitors to become our email subscribers.
After some time watching  our site auto popup window with opt-in message.

2. When someone whant to fill contact form he must click checkbox for receive promo emails and than his email automatic send to our email list. (MailChimp, Aweber. GetResponse) ?

Best regards,

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Email autoresponder

02 Nov 2018, 10:55

X3 offers advanced forms, but it does not offer "auto popup after some time" and will not include any newsletter management. Newsletter management in 2018 is a massive technical topic, and not something we will integrate directly into X3. There are already companies that work with this service, for example Mailchimp (which we use ourselves). You can embed Mailchimp "sign up" forms directly on your X3 website, but the signup form itself is provided by Mailchimp.
https://mailchimp.com/features/custom-forms/

There is no integration with X3 forms and subscribing the user to a newsletter service, although we may consider integration with Mailchimp in the future. Until then, you need to use a sign-up form from your newsletter service, or include custom javascript in X3 that forwards the subscriber data from the contact form on submit.

jrileystewart

22 Nov 2019, 13:50

I'm having trouble embedding the mailchimp scripts on my X3 site.  Neither 'embed' nor 'popup' scripts working. I've tried putting the scripts on Custom <head> [html]. Where is the best place to enter the  mailchimp scripts? I'd prefer not to have the signup form on every page, so as selective as possible, please.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Nov 2019, 21:35

Do you have any links to where you have tried to set it up? It's strange if "embed" doesn't work, as that means simply embedding the mailchimp form from remote source, without using any scripts. About adding mailchimp scripts, you would probably just add them exactly where you want them on page.

Awaiting your reply. I kinda need a starting point in the form of a link if I am to diagnose. I believe there may be further plans in the future for native support for mailchimp signup forms in X3.