X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Haider of Sweden
Experienced
Topic Author

"X3 Image Gallery" in footer

01 Oct 2018, 07:29

Hi!

I had some glitch of some sort just now (its gone, before I could screen capture it), where the page looked like pages used to do ages ago, with no graphics and just text. Let's not mind this just now, unless it occurs again.

At the bottom, I could read "X3 Image Gallery CMS by www.photo.gallery".

Now that the page works fine, this footer text is gone. I checked the source code however, and I could read "<p class="x3-footer-link">X3 Image Gallery CMS by <a href="https://www.photo.gallery">www.photo.gallery</a></p>"

Can this be controlled? If in some cases, depending on browser or whatever could be the cause, I want to be in control how the footer looks like.
Kind regards,
Haider
www.haider.se

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: "X3 Image Gallery" in footer

01 Oct 2018, 09:53

If your domain is licensed, that link will simply not appear on your website.

The only circumstance where it could possibly appear, would be if your website isn't working, your internet is down, or you corrupted the html code somehow.  The link in the source code is part of our license authorization system, and as mentioned, it simply will not display unless your website is broken or your internet is down.

Can this be controlled? If in some cases, depending on browser or whatever could be the cause, I want to be in control how the footer looks like.
The footer will always look like how you have set it in your Settings > Footer, unless something is broken.

Haider of Sweden
Experienced
Topic Author

03 Oct 2018, 04:05

mjau-mjau wrote: The only circumstance where it could possibly appear, would be if your website isn't working, your internet is down, or you corrupted the html code somehow.  The link in the source code is part of our license authorization system, and as mentioned, it simply will not display unless your website is broken or your internet is down.
Thank you for clarifying. We had some internet issues that occasion.
Out of curiosity - why would that cause the page displaying different? Is it reading the page from cache?
Kind regards,
Haider
www.haider.se

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Oct 2018, 04:21

Haider of Sweden wrote:Out of curiosity - why would that cause the page displaying different? Is it reading the page from cache?
Well, if the JS or CSS fails to load, the X3 app will fail. For a modern web-app like X3, a website without the CSS is not even remotely a close resemblance to how the website will look, so yes it will look very different. Hard to say exactly what you were experiencing, since it clearly was able to load the html document but failed to load the CSS. An internet glitch.

If the CSS fails for ANY website (for example facebook), the output will look entirely broken, not just "un-styled".